Buddy Nix radio interview

http://www.xx1090sandiego.com/common/globa...io/40/18380.mp3

Haven't listened to it yet. About 12 minutes. Enjoy.

Just listened to it, he mentioned that we never looked to move out of 9 and that we were never going to draft Tebow (as we already knew). Basically said most of the same stuff that he said in the post-draft presser with him and Gailey.

It is interesting though, and who doesn't love listening to Buddy :lol:

Apparently Buddy was a fairly regular guest on this show when he was in SD.

Buddy compliments the Buffalo weather.

Talks about drafting "blue-collar guys." Says you need mentally tough players to play in the cold weather.

Says he didn't talk with A.J. Smith at all during the draft (rumors that SD wanted to trade up for Spiller).

Talks about his reluctance to trade up or down in the draft.

Talks about Tim Tebow.

Talks about the Bills QBs...with an interesting mention...

Buddy seemed unclear on how Langston Walker left the Bills last year...

Talks about his "retirement" and how he never anticipated being a GM and how long it took for him to make the decision to accept the GM job.

Buddy did buy a house here in Buffalo...

Talks about Terrell Owens who he recruited and coached in college...whether there's any chance that T.O. will return

You guys should listen to this...can listen to it while reading other posts...

The show hosts make some interesting comments after the interview is over about Nix and A.J. Smith.

Good interview. Buddy is diplomatic but he does seem to let on more inside stuff than say a Marv Levy or John Butler would. A little bit of honesty is refreshing when all you usually get is blah-blah. The way he jumped in with Brian Brohm's name when they were talking QBs tells me he is getting more consideration as a starter than most folks realize. He also made a good point about how f**ked up the Bills offense as just two weeks before the season and how it's hard to judge the QBs because of it. I also think, in a back-handed way, he was saying that guys like T.O. don't play hard enough.

PTR

Good interview. Buddy is diplomatic but he does seem to let on more inside stuff than say a Marv Levy or John Butler would. A little bit of honesty is refreshing when all you usually get is blah-blah. The way he jumped in with Brian Brohm's name when they were talking QBs tells me he is getting more consideration as a starter than most folks realize. He also made a good point about how f**ked up the Bills offense as just two weeks before the season and how it's hard to judge the QBs because of it. I also think, in a back-handed way, he was saying that guys like T.O. don't play hard enough.

PTR

Agree with all your points. Buddy is refreshingly candid. Others have pointed out that Buddy is like Polian in that neither seems to like to trade around in the draft too much (too early to say with Nix, but he said as much in this interview). And they're also similar in that Polian is very open and honest for an NFL GM. Polian doesn't smokescreen and he gives honest answers to questions. Buddy seems like that too.

Also, the San Diego radio hosts seemed to imply that A.J. Smith got too much of the credit for their drafts...and that maybe Buddy was a bit short-changed.

PTR

I have to agree. I would love to know how Nix had Brohm rated coming out.

Talks about drafting "blue-collar guys." Says you need mentally tough players to play in the cold weather.

Says he didn't talk with A.J. Smith at all during the draft (rumors that SD wanted to trade up for Spiller).

Talks about Tim Tebow.

Talks about his "retirement" and how he never anticipated being a GM and how long it took for him to make the decision to accept the GM job.

Talks about Terrell Owens who he recruited and coached in college...whether there's any chance that T.O. will return

The show hosts make some interesting comments after the interview is over about Nix and A.J. Smith.

What was the QB interesting mention?

Guest dog14787

PTR

Buddy Nix didn't want Brohm left out of the equation or the discussion (why would he) and its his job to encourage his players to compete.

The interview to me points towards Trent Edwards in my opinion.

Note: The way I see it Brohm may see action this coming up season because its very possible he will slip to 2nd on the depth chart and would replace TE if he continues to struggle or sustain injury.

The most interesting thing in this interview was his dig at the previous administration - how can you cut your LT, offensive coordinator, and put AVP in charge a week before the season starts?

Talks about Tim Tebow.

Very interesting interview. I really think Buffalo has struck gold here with Buddy. There are going to be the naysayers here on this board but after listening to the interview, Buddy is definitely a guy that is going to tell you the way it is, like it or not. The interviewers did seem to think that Buddy has something to prove after possibly being the man behind the scenes with AJ Smith in San Diego. They seemed to imply that it might have been Buddy building that team but AJ was getting all the credit, to the point where AJ had a PR guy doing the praising for him. Buddy didn't have that.

All in all, after listening, there is definitely hope after years of Donahoe, Williams, Mularkey (though I think his hands were tied), Levy, Brandon and Jauron. Buddy has a simple direction and is going to get there, his way.

It's nice to know that there finally is a direction with this team instead of the endless wandering that has been going on for the last 10 or so years.

Buddy Nix didn't want Brohm left out of the equation or the discussion and its his job to encourage his players to compete.

The interview to me points towards Trent Edwards in my opinion.

I have that feeling as well -- provided he wins the QB competition in Chan's eyes over the Summer. If and when that happens, I fully expect that there will be some on this board who will spontaneously combust before our eyes just like the Spinal Tap drummers.

Guest dog14787
I have that feeling as well -- provided he wins the QB competition in Chan's eyes over the Summer. If and when that happens, I fully expect that there will be some on this board who will spontaneously combust before our eyes just like the Spinal Tap drummers.

Gailey/Nix are a bit pressed because of TE's contract status to determine if he's our Guy. Given that, TE's intelligence, his lightning quick release, accuracy and high completion rate, it appears to me Trent Edwards would be our leading candidate.

I like Brohm and Fitz for that matter, I could see Gailey designing some plays that would suit Ryan Fitzpatrick's running capabilities because the guys got some wheels and he's fearless.

The jobs still TE's to lose though in my opinion.

The most interesting thing in this interview was his dig at the previous administration - how can you cut your LT, offensive coordinator, and put AVP in charge a week before the season starts?

I think we all questioned that.

Funny I didn't hear Edwards name at all. I did hear Brohms and I did hear Gailey gushing over Brohm on Sirius. Funny how fans try to hear what they want to hear even though it wasn't there.

I think this shows a good leadership trait. My take is it's less of a dig at the previous admin and more of a boost to the players. He is going on the record saying the O failures were not about the players, most of whom are still on the roster.

This reinforces why he didn't chase the FA market for every WR, QB and LT out there and he lifts the blame from Fitzbbrohmwards to give them a clean slate.

Gailey/Nix are a bit pressed because of TE's contract status to determine if he's our Guy. Given that, TE's intelligence, his lightning quick release, accuracy and high completion rate, it appears to me Trent Edwards would be our leading candidate.

I like Brohm and Fitz for that matter, I could see Gailey designing some plays that would suit Ryan Fitzpatrick's running capabilities because the guys got some wheels and he's fearless.

The jobs still TE's to lose though in my opinion.

He has lost it twice already how many more times does he have to lose it? Brohm is the guy the administration keeps mentioning. They also mention a strong arm and good decision making skills, neither of which Edwards has.

I have to really ask, are you related. I am serious here because anyone with just a general interest of the Bills knows this kid doesn't have it. Did you not hear the boos when he hit the field last and the cheers when he got hurt and left the field? The majority of money paying fans dont' want to see him again and this front office does need to sell tickets.

Brohm will be the starter, it is his job to lose and I just dont' see that happening.

He has lost it twice already how many more times does he have to lose it? Brohm is the guy the administration keeps mentioning. They also mention a strong arm and good decision making skills, neither of which Edwards has.

I have to really ask, are you related. I am serious here because anyone with just a general interest of the Bills knows this kid doesn't have it. Did you not hear the boos when he hit the field last and the cheers when he got hurt and left the field? The majority of money paying fans dont' want to see him again and this front office does need to sell tickets.

Brohm will be the starter, it is his job to lose and I just dont' see that happening.

I agree about Edwards but what has Brohm shown that you don't see him losing the job?