Bills could have traded Lynch

drg2021

Lynch is actually a good player. and it's worth noting that in his rookie season, he averaged 86 rushing yards per game, which was seventh in the league. He missed three games because of injury. He missed 1-plus game in 2008 too. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LyncMa00.htm

He's hardly a bust.

Rashaan Salaam had a 1000 yard season too.

Can the Bills trade Lynch over the summer or during training camp? Not sure if this year is any dif with the collective barganing thing.

My point is hold onto him now. See how negotiations go with Spiller and thus how he does in camp. Some other team could get an injury or two at running back. The Bills then could get something fair like a 2nd. i think a 2nd rounder for a one time probowler would be a far deal.

Lynch has something to prove on the field a 4 th for a Lynch is way under value.

If he plays well this season and we need to find a trading partner to get the QB of our choice in 2011, Lynch can give us a bargaining chip to a team in the top 10 that thinks they already have a franchise QB.

If Lynch still wants out in 2011. Swap 1st plus Lynch to get Locker, Luck or Mallet.

Lynch has more potential then any UDFA, so give him a shot in the new regiment. If he fails, you can cut him or trade hime and most likely still get a 4th or 5th for him in 2011.

This is a 2+ RB league.

Freddy may not be able to catch the lightning in a bottle again.

Spiller, and Lynch/Jackson gives you a nice backfield.

IT IS NOT A LUXURY. (Jerry Sullivan is bitter old fart.)

This is the future of the NFL a la Cowgirls, Jag, Bucks, Vikings, Jets, Deadskins, Giants, Eagles, etc etc

Nix has said all along that they're keeping Lynch. Still, there's a certain group of fans who either think he's lying or who simply are so far gone in their mania that they ignore Nix's statements. Nix is in the business of strengthening the Bills, not weakening them, and getting rid of Lynch would weaken the offense. I believe that's his thinking with the QBs and the LTs, that they may not be the best, but they're better than what's available either in trade, the draft or free agency.

I think one thing we've learned about Nixley so far is that these guys say exactly what they mean. Once this sinks into our collective thick heads, we'll all waste a lot less time on speculation about things that are already settled and waste our time instead on things that really matter, like, when are they going to get some decent food at The Ralph?

I'd rather hang onto a guy who has pro bowl level ability than trade him away for a 4th round pick.

Lynch needs a major attitude adjustment, but he has far greater upside than anyone taken in the 4th round

That's fine as long as it doesn't turn into the Jason Peters situation again.

C

If we could have gotten a 3rd, I wish they had pulled the trigger. I don't doubt Lynch's talent. And I don't that Gailey will make good use out of him (he loves running backs). I just don't think Lynch wants to play for this team.

If only we had an Oline...

If we could have gotten a 3rd, I wish they had pulled the trigger. I don't doubt Lynch's talent. And I don't that Gailey will make good use out of him (he loves running backs). I just don't think Lynch wants to play for this team.

If only we had an Oline...

That right there is the bottom line!

This is the future of the NFL a la Cowgirls, Jag, Bucks, Vikings, Jets, Deadskins, Giants, Eagles, etc etc

The "future of the NFL" is modeled on the Jags, Bucs, Skins, Giants??

Of the top 10 passing teams last year, 8 made the playoffs. The other two missed out with identical records to a few that made it.

Of the top 10 rushing teams, only 5 made the playoffs. Only one playoff team was in the top 4 rushing.

No thanks, Skins, Giants (how's that working out?), Bucs (??), and Jags....

The "future of the NFL" is modeled on the Jags, Bucs, Skins, Giants??

Of the top 10 passing teams last year, 8 made the playoffs. The other two missed out with identical records to a few that made it.

Of the top 10 rushing teams, only 5 made the playoffs. Only one playoff team was in the top 4 rushing.

No thanks, Skins, Giants (how's that working out?), Bucs (??), and Jags....

Why are you bringing up random offensive statistics?

The point is that teams in the NFL use more than 1 RB. The days of 1 grinder RB are long gone.

If you want to talk playoffs.

Indianapolis Colts - 2RB

New Orleans Saints -3RB

San Diego Chargers -2RB

Minnesota Vikings - 2RB

New England Patriots - 3RB

Dallas Cowboys -3RB

Cincinnati Bengals -1.5 RB

Arizona Cardinals -2RB

New York Jets 3RB

Green Bay Packers -1 RB

Baltimore Ravens -3RB

Philadelphia Eagles -2RB

No one is asking you, it is a fact. So thanks, you can keep your thanks to your self.

His career is still on the upswing if he decides that playing football is his priority. Trading him for any reason seems ridiculous. Nix is right to keep him, he signed the contract.

I think you are dead on. The question will be, is Lynch ready to give the Bills his all or is he going to be an attitude. I pray he is a bigger man than that. :wallbash:

Nix has said all along that they're keeping Lynch. Still, there's a certain group of fans who either think he's lying or who simply are so far gone in their mania that they ignore Nix's statements. Nix is in the business of strengthening the Bills, not weakening them, and getting rid of Lynch would weaken the offense. I believe that's his thinking with the QBs and the LTs, that they may not be the best, but they're better than what's available either in trade, the draft or free agency.

I think one thing we've learned about Nixley so far is that these guys say exactly what they mean. Once this sinks into our collective thick heads, we'll all waste a lot less time on speculation about things that are already settled and waste our time instead on things that really matter, like, when are they going to get some decent food at The Ralph?

good stuff.

if nix's commentary is a smokescreen to drive up ml's value when a feature back goes down, good for him.

if nix think lynch benefits from an infusion of channess, good for him.

if nix is concerend that we need three back in case one gets jacked, good for him.

he strikes me as a guy who pretty much says what's on his mind as well. build a winning team, i'm cool with that.

I still don't understand the idea that Lynch had to be traded because of drafting Spiller. Did the Vikings trade Chester Taylor immediately after drafting Percy Harvin? It's not necessary. A good coach will find a way to use all of these weapons. I contend the plan for Spiller is a lot of routes run out of the backfield and slot to cause mismatches, like Harvin runs. This means we still need 2 backs for "regular" RB duty.

... or did the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor? :wallbash:

Why are you bringing up random offensive statistics?

The point is that teams in the NFL use more than 1 RB. The days of 1 grinder RB are long gone.

If you want to talk playoffs.

Indianapolis Colts - 2RB

New Orleans Saints -3RB

San Diego Chargers -2RB

Minnesota Vikings - 2RB

New England Patriots - 3RB

Dallas Cowboys -3RB

Cincinnati Bengals -1.5 RB

Arizona Cardinals -2RB

New York Jets 3RB

Green Bay Packers -1 RB

Baltimore Ravens -3RB

Philadelphia Eagles -2RB

No one is asking you, it is a fact. So thanks, you can keep your thanks to your self.

Yes, I see that you have pointed out that every team in the league (even the Bills!) has 2 or more RBs.

Random offensive stats?? Is that a joke? You're the one who claimed that the league's "future" was in such teams as the Bucs, the Skins, Jags, etc (I thought THAT was your joke)...because they had multiple RBs. I'm just pointing out that without a strong passing game, it doesn't matter how many RBs split the carries---the team will scuk, in general.

The present/future of the league lies with teams like Indy and NO, not the dogs you listed.

See that's the problem - it's not Spiller plus one hybrid...it's Spiller and Jackson and Lynch...

That's not a problem at all. A team can never have enough good players. At any position. Let things play out.

There's no reason to give Lynch away whether he wants to be there or not. He's the employee not the owner. He has no power in the situation unless he wants to sit out and that's fine. We have other good backs. He will show up when he has to. No big deal.

And when are people going to get it through their heads that Nix says what he means and does what he says he will do? He said Lynch is going nowhere and Lynch has gone nowhere. He also said how he would build the team and gave indications what he would do in free agency and the draft. If one was paying attention to his pre-draft press conference, once Williams and Okung were gone, they should not have been surprised at the Spiller pick.

Yes, I see that you have pointed out that every team in the league (even the Bills!) has 2 or more RBs.

Random offensive stats?? Is that a joke? You're the one who claimed that the league's "future" was in such teams as the Bucs, the Skins, Jags, etc (I thought THAT was your joke)...because they had multiple RBs. I'm just pointing out that without a strong passing game, it doesn't matter how many RBs split the carries---the team will scuk, in general.

The present/future of the league lies with teams like Indy and NO, not the dogs you listed.

Why wouldn't you copy the whole list you silly monkey?

"This is the future of the NFL a la Cowgirls, Jag, Bucks, Vikings, Jets, Deadskins, Giants, Eagles, etc etc"

I guess I see how you interpret your facts you pick and choose the information you want to hear instead of look at all of the information.