How Drunk Was this Girl?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100425/ap_on_...ghtclub_ride911

NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Police in one Connecticut city have a warning for nightclub patrons: Don't call 911 for a ride home.

New Haven police say that's what 28-year-old Quandria (KWAN'-dree-ah) Bailey did, calling the emergency line six times to request a ride from a nightclub back to her Meriden home.

Bailey was charged with six counts of misuse of the 911 system early Sunday. She was released on a $1,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court May 5.

A telephone number for Bailey could not immediately be located Sunday and it was unclear whether she had an attorney.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100425/ap_on_...ghtclub_ride911

NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Police in one Connecticut city have a warning for nightclub patrons: Don't call 911 for a ride home.

New Haven police say that's what 28-year-old Quandria (KWAN'-dree-ah) Bailey did, calling the emergency line six times to request a ride from a nightclub back to her Meriden home.

Bailey was charged with six counts of misuse of the 911 system early Sunday. She was released on a $1,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court May 5.

A telephone number for Bailey could not immediately be located Sunday and it was unclear whether she had an attorney.

Resourceful is she, no? Alcohol, drank too much. Not functioning is her brain.

I guess my question is why didn't the bartender call her a cab? He is just as responsible for getting her drunk according to the laws of the land. I am not exonerating the stupid drunk girl for getting drunk...she is just as responsible too.

Where in that short article did it say she was drunk?

I guess my question is why didn't the bartender call her a cab? He is just as responsible for getting her drunk according to the laws of the land.

I’ve never really understood this argument. I don’t know how you can expect a bartender to keep track of the level of inebriation of every patron of a busy club. If somebody pukes on the bar, sure—that idiot’s had enough. But how do you keep track of the people who never even step up to the bar because their friends are getting rounds for them or maybe they showed up only for a brief time and were loaded already or maybe they do a bunch of shots real fast and it hits them hard after they walk outside, etc...

I agree that a bartender has a responsibility to some extent, but they are not omniscient.

I’ve never really understood this argument. I don’t know how you can expect a bartender to keep track of the level of inebriation of every patron of a busy club. If somebody pukes on the bar, sure—that idiot’s had enough. But how do you keep track of the people who never even step up to the bar because their friends are getting rounds for them or maybe they showed up only for a brief time and were loaded already or maybe they do a bunch of shots real fast and it hits them hard after they walk outside, etc...

I agree that a bartender has a responsibility to some extent, but they are not omniscient.

It's called management keeping control of their establishment.

I guess my question is why didn't the bartender call her a cab? He is just as responsible for getting her drunk according to the laws of the land. I am not exonerating the stupid drunk girl for getting drunk...she is just as responsible too.

Oh this is a great example of how this broad is stupid enough to call 911 for a ride. Blame someone else. She is not the real problem here, the bartender is the one to blame.

God forbid we hold the actual person who did the act responsible. It was the alcohol, it's the drugs, it's a mental health issue, IT's the BARTENDER.

She did it, she is soley responsible.

Oh this is a great example of how this broad is stupid enough to call 911 for a ride. Blame someone else. She is not the real problem here, the bartender is the one to blame.

God forbid we hold the actual person who did the act responsible. It was the alcohol, it's the drugs, it's a mental health issue, IT's the BARTENDER.

She did it, she is soley responsible.

so youre saying it's actually each individual, and not the drugs, that is the real problem?

you see what i did there? :P