For everyone bitching about our draft, if we took

in the third round, would you be happy? I know the "experts" like Mel Kiper would be raving about what a good job we did but in my opinion we would be in worse shape than we are now. I'm amazed at how many people are complaining about what a bad draft we had just because we passed up on a few of the mock draft darlings. Nix got us a bunch of hard workers who have the potential to make an immediate impact, not 3 "projects" who may or may not produce in the NFL. I know there are no guarantees but I feel very good about the players we just added to this roster.

CJ Spiller will have an immediate impact on how teams have to defend us which will hopefully improve the entire offensive production. I am excited to see what our defense looks like thise year and think we added a couple of guys who will produce from day one. I am much happier to have a draft class that will make an impact on the field as opposed to one that gets us a few headlines after the draft and then fails to produce in the long run. Time will tell but I like what I see so far.

I'm glad that you like our draft, but I am not as optimistic about the draft we just had. I do understand that you shouldn't necessarily go by what Mel Kiper, John Clayton, Adam Shaftner, or any of these other so-called draft experts. I research the draft quite extensively (not that anyone needs to abide by my opinion either)....and I have concluded that we had a

average draft...maybe a C+.

I think that Troup was a reach but with the players at the position already being selected..if we wanted a DT we needed to grab him there. It's definitely not my favorite pick by a long shot, but I understand the reasoning. C.J. Spiller is a excellent running back, especially when used in conjunction with other backs. I think he'd wear down throughout the season if he

was carrying the ball 25 times a game. Used with Jackson and Lynch and keeping his carries down to about 14-18 carries a game should net nice results. I really would have liked the Bills to have gone in a different direction with the 9th pick in the draft, but I once again understand their reasoning that several OT's were already selected prior to pick #9, and even though some projected Brian Bulaga as the Bills pick at #9 that he may very well end up being a RT instead of a LT. I thought of Clausen here but if his College coach passed on him twice (in the 1st & 2nd round), then why would any other

organization want to invest so much, so early in the draft on Clausen.

I though the Bills should have taken McCoy in the 3rd round personally...but even with McCoy his arm was a question..so I can understand the reasoning. I really thought that Tony Pike had a shot to be drafted with the Bills as well...but he may have been a project as well. I suppose that Levi Brown, having potential and being a project isn't a bad selection as he has a lot of upside. Actually, the more I write about the Bills draft the more I can accept it.

Some of the players like Wang have size and potential to be good players, but they just haven't put their whole game together. It will be interesting to see how these project picks work out. I think I was a little wrapped up with the big name players of the draft....Derrick Morgan, Bulaga, Trent Williams, Okung, Suh, McCoy, etc......I notice that many of our picks

are from lesser known colleges. Maybe their are some diamonds in the rough....It's just that the level of the competition

isn't up to par with your bigger name colleges and the players that play for them. So, the risk level is a Bit higher with

our draft.

There are several free agents that we signed...some of them were projected as 4th or 5th round players. I was reading up on them and some of them may actually do as well or better than some of our draft picks. I really like that we are giving

UB's WR Rossevelt a chance to earn a spot on the roster or practice squad. I would like to leave a more complete assessment of the draft, but with several kids to take care of I need to get back to them. The Bills draft is a passion with

me that keeps me insane, but sometimes the way the Bills draft drives me insane as well !!! We'll see how it goes, but

right now I'm giving them a C+

For someone with the handle of Bring Back Kelly I truly wonder what your judgement is on Brohm. For half of his career Kelly had awful stats and could have been benched to put in Reich or whichever 3rd stringer we had.

IF our front office was full of complete fools than every other team in the NFL twice and in some cases 3 times over were just as much fools. Clausen fell for a reason, but again, its just a draft which means nothing. In 5 years, please repost your thoughts on Clausen and how bad we messed up. Also, in that post, put how all of the guys you wanted us to draft our doing. I mean, people like you are the expert...

Never said I was an expert, but If I had to make the pic's, I bet I could do better than what our so called experts did. Don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying they screw up all the pics. but you don't have to be an expert to do what those guys did. Plus, it's all in opinion. They feel that we don't need to draft a franchise QB. I on the other hand do. Just my opinion.

I can see selecting Spiller in the 1st b/c this team is devoid of playmakers, but if Clausen becomes the QB that I think he'll be, passing on him for a DT will set this team back - even if Troup does become a good ---> great NT. I know it would've been hard to ignore the trenches in the 2nd, but we had a potential franchise QB staring us in the face. Troup may or may not have made it to the 3rd round, but Cam Thomas may do an equally effective job at the nose and lasted until the 5th I believe.. If I had it to do all over again, it would be Spiller, Clausen, Carrington, Cam Thomas, Wang, et al. We wouldn't get Easley, but I'd make the trade: Clausen for Troup and Easley for Cam Thomas.

But in the end it's all about opinions on our end isn't it? I mean sure the "experts" don't think we did a good job. I'm not sure I disagree. But the truth is I just don't know. But I just don't trust Clausen and McCoy. Can't explain it. I just don't. I think they'll do well where they are, because they will have a stable infrastructure. But I just don't like them for us. Because we have been so bad for so long, it takes a particular kind of player to work out here. They almost have to be sure fire picks who might not be as gifted as Clausen or McCoy at their full potential, but who are self starters and can be part of a new culture. I don't think I want Clausen or McCoy being the template.

Cody here would be a very different player than Cody in Baltimore. Same thing with Cam Thomas or Campbell. I think it takes someone in the locker room to light a fire under those guys. I just don't have a clear cut idea as to who that may be. I can see Wood (if he recovers from injury) or Freddy Jackson being those guys but I just don't think we have them in buckets like some other organizations.

C

I'm glad that you like our draft, but I am not as optimistic about the draft we just had. I do understand that you shouldn't necessarily go by what Mel Kiper, John Clayton, Adam Shaftner, or any of these other so-called draft experts. I research the draft quite extensively (not that anyone needs to abide by my opinion either)....and I have concluded that we had a

I think that Troup was a reach but with the players at the position already being selected..if we wanted a DT we needed to grab him there. It's definitely not my favorite pick by a long shot, but I understand the reasoning. C.J. Spiller is a excellent running back, especially when used in conjunction with other backs. I think he'd wear down throughout the season if he

was carrying the ball 25 times a game. Used with Jackson and Lynch and keeping his carries down to about 14-18 carries a game should net nice results. I really would have liked the Bills to have gone in a different direction with the 9th pick in the draft, but I once again understand their reasoning that several OT's were already selected prior to pick #9, and even though some projected Brian Bulaga as the Bills pick at #9 that he may very well end up being a RT instead of a LT. I thought of Clausen here but if his College coach passed on him twice (in the 1st & 2nd round), then why would any other

I though the Bills should have taken McCoy in the 3rd round personally...but even with McCoy his arm was a question..so I can understand the reasoning. I really thought that Tony Pike had a shot to be drafted with the Bills as well...but he may have been a project as well. I suppose that Levi Brown, having potential and being a project isn't a bad selection as he has a lot of upside. Actually, the more I write about the Bills draft the more I can accept it.

Some of the players like Wang have size and potential to be good players, but they just haven't put their whole game together. It will be interesting to see how these project picks work out. I think I was a little wrapped up with the big name players of the draft....Derrick Morgan, Bulaga, Trent Williams, Okung, Suh, McCoy, etc......I notice that many of our picks

are from lesser known colleges. Maybe their are some diamonds in the rough....It's just that the level of the competition

isn't up to par with your bigger name colleges and the players that play for them. So, the risk level is a Bit higher with

our draft.

There are several free agents that we signed...some of them were projected as 4th or 5th round players. I was reading up on them and some of them may actually do as well or better than some of our draft picks. I really like that we are giving

UB's WR Rossevelt a chance to earn a spot on the roster or practice squad. I would like to leave a more complete assessment of the draft, but with several kids to take care of I need to get back to them. The Bills draft is a passion with

me that keeps me insane, but sometimes the way the Bills draft drives me insane as well !!! We'll see how it goes, but

[

that keeps me sane, but sometimes the way the Bills draft drives me insane as well!!! Just fixing a typo!

No no no, the purpose of draft is to get A+ grade from Kiper and other so-called draft experts. Front office needs to follow Kiper's guide and draft Clausen at #9, this selection alone would have guaranteed us at least a A- grade from Kiper. This way, fans want top draft grade immediately after draft and before any players play any NFL game will be very happy. Making these fans happy is much more important than improving our teams. Who cares we can't stop the run, we want A+ from Kiper.

/sarcasm off

our draft.

That post was right on the money. I too liked the OT from USC. Thought he would have been a good pick up.

Keep Drinking the Kool Aid. Ok Let's break it down. Clausen right now, is a better QB than Edwards, Fitz, Brohm and Levi Brown. You could have taken him in the second. Bruce Campbell was one of the top performers at the combine. He finished near the top of every category. check NFL.com for the results. Not saying that that is a main determining factor, but The kid is one hell of a lineman. At the spot when he got picked, that was a huge value. We could have traded up to get him and not lose out on much at all. He went in the fourth round ( We could have taken him in the third and had huge value) Alex Carrington is a project at DE. Why get a guy that will be your second string DE instead of getting your starting LT. Makes no sense. We took a chance on Marcus Easley. He did not play much in college. There is not much tape on him. I do like the calloway pick, but he looks to be a guard going forward. Spiller will be good for us, but I feel bad for the guy. He will not be running behind a good line and stuck in a three RB system. I just don't think The Bills logically fill positions of need. They can spin it any way they want. There is a reason why they are in the basement. Not filling positions of need with good players. bottom line. They Think D-Bell is the answer. Not one other team in the league would go that rout. Last year we get Maybin. What a crap pick that was, and he holds out the whole summer because the guy before him does not sign his contract. Terrible management. plain and simple.

Clausen isn't the bum that Quinn was coming out of Notre Dame, but he will be close. Kiper was wrong on him- period. The kid can't handle pressure. No, he is not better than Edwards, either. Edwards isn't the great QB he was hailed as when we opened two seasons ago, nor is he as bad as people want to believe him to be now. If he can get back to 100%, which he still doesn't seem to be, he will be ok.

You can't develop a young QB without patience. You also need to protect him and give him weapons- like Spiller- not to mention a defense. And people can cherry-pick stats all they want- our defense hasn't stood up when we needed it to.

No, Bell isn't the answer, but the guys there were good enough to replace him were gone when we picked and we didn't reach for a guy who wasn't very good- thats how you build a team. Good decisions- PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Why wont people understand that it is going to take more then one draft to get all the players we need.?

I think most people understand, John. The only question is where and when did/does draft no. 1 start? Was it least season? Was it this season? Will it be next season? I keep thinking we're always at -1.

C

Don't care about Clausen or Cody, but would've liked to see a little more aggressive approach in landing an OT prospect. Moving up a few slots in the 4th to get Campbell would've been my preference, even though Campbell is boom or bust potential. That's OK by me in the 4th, and the price would've been minimal. Or perhaps traded back into the 2nd to get Charles Brown, ala Levitre. Brown was the last pick of the 2nd round. But once Saffold went at the top of the 2nd, Brown was really the only remaining top prospect left. I'm not as high as others on Wangs potential.

Don't care about Clausen or Cody, but would've liked to see a little more aggressive approach in landing an OT prospect. Moving up a few slots in the 4th to get Campbell would've been my preference, even though Campbell is boom or bust potential. That's OK by me in the 4th, and the price would've been minimal. Or perhaps traded back into the 2nd to get Charles Brown, ala Levitre. Brown was the last pick of the 2nd round. But once Saffold went at the top of the 2nd, Brown was really the only remaining top prospect left. I'm not as high as others on Wangs potential.

It looks like the new staff have it figured that Levitre, Bell or Wang can handle LT. You gotta feel sorry for Trent Edwards or whoever lines up at QB with those three newbs at LT learning on the job-trying to protect the blindside though. How many concussions has Edwards had?