Fox Sports Adam Caplan's draft steals

draft steals

3 of his top 5 draft steals were Bills picks. Crazy

So Caplan likes the Bills picks. I guess we like him, for now. :wallbash:

Lindy's Pro Football Draft 2010 has Torrell Troup as a sleeper and calls him a value pick after the first 50 selections. So I guess he wasn't a reach. They also call Alex Carrington a sleeper as well. They also list Carrington as the best run stopper in the draft. They also call Joique Bell a Small School Stud. They also call CJ Spiller the best receiving RB in the draft. They say he will cause matchup nightmares lining in the slot or out wide. They also give Spiller the highest grade for intangibles.

TSN has Arthur Moats listed as a sleeper. They also list Levi Brown as having the quickest release of any QB in the draft.

The more I learn about these players, the more I like them! And I super excited about Spiller...this guy is going to run rampant all over the AFC East!!!

draft steals

3 of his top 5 draft steals were Bills picks. Crazy

Lindy's Pro Football Draft 2010 has Torrell Troup as a sleeper and calls him a value pick after the first 50 selections. So I guess he wasn't a reach. They also call Alex Carrington a sleeper as well. They also list Carrington as the best run stopper in the draft. They also call Joique Bell a Small School Stud. They also call CJ Spiller the best receiving RB in the draft. They say he will cause matchup nightmares lining in the slot or out wide. They also give Spiller the highest grade for intangibles.

TSN has Arthur Moats listed as a sleeper. They also list Levi Brown as having the quickest release of any QB in the draft.

I liked our draft in the immediate aftermath and I'm liking it more and more.

Thanks for posting this stuff.

Cuz, Trent, Fitz, Brohm or Levi will have a hard time getting the ball to him? :wallbash:

. They also list Levi Brown as having the quickest release of any QB in the draft.

They said that about Trent too :wallbash:

But all kidding aside, Nix also said that Brown, although he does have a very fast release, does say he 3-quarters his balls (?). Not sure what this means, but I heard the same thing about Phillip Rivers coming out of college.

Interesting...Good find!

I've read some of the REAL bad Grades The Bills have received and I just HAVE to laugh...

I think part of the problem is the Buffalo and National voices, Fans and Media, have been SO vocal about the O-Line and QB Needs some of these so-called-experts are finding it impossible to think outside the box a bit...The Bills finished 30th...Yes that's right...30th in Run Defense last Year...In comparison they finished a respectable 16th in Rushing Offense...The area the Bills struggled in on Offense was Passing where they finished 30th...They were 29th in completion percentage, 30th in yards per Game, and they allowed the 4th most Sacks in the league...That's where Chan Gailey is going to earn his money...He's an Offensive minded Head Coach...He was brought in to improve the Passing game and cut down on the number of Sacks allowed...That's why they hired him...And the fact that he did not Pick Clausen or McCoy at #41 proves Gailey believes one of the bunch from Edwards, Brohm, or Fitz will be better than Clausen or McCoy...And it really does not matter what anyone else thinks...It's Gailey's call...Right or wrong...Same goes for LT...He obviously feels at this point that Bell or someone they can grab in a Trade or Free Agency will be just as good or better than anyone they could have Drafted at #9, or #41...Right or wrong, Gailey's call...

So Run Defense and Pass Offense were the 2 greatest areas of Need...But another consideration HAS to be the fact that The Bills play in BUFFALO NY...So while Passing Offense is certainly important, the ability to stop the Run and Run the Ball has additional importance due to where The Bills play 7 Games per Year...Plus they Play at Cincy and at the NY Jets after November...And if you can Run the Ball and stop the Run that's good no matter where you play...Especially when you have a good secondary...

The Bills are in Year one of yet another re-building process...It's FAR easier to address stopping The Run and Running the Ball then it is getting a Franchise QB or Franchise LT...It just is...And don't get me wrong, The Bills STILL Need a Franchise QB and LT...Thing is Mike Mayock said during the Combine that this was the deepest Draft he's ever Graded on the Defensive side of the Ball...Especially at D-Line...It was NOT the deepest Draft at QB or LT...The Bills also added Dwan Edwards as a Run stuffing 3-4 DE...Is there any question what The Bills priority was this Off Season? Folks? Edwards, Troup, Carrington...Again, 30th Run D in the NFL...Any questions?

I'm not completely sold on this strategy either...I was in favor of a Trade down from #9 minimum...I'm not sure Spiller was the right way to go (though it's growing on me every time I see that highlight reel... :thumbsup: )...But to give The Bills anything lower than a B Grade is a bit rediculous considering they only had 9 picks total and a whole slew of needs...They got a guy at #9 that was not a massive need but he is a guy that some Scouts thought was THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE DRAFT...Most Scouts certainly felt He was Top 5 in this Draft from a pure talent standpoint, and The Bills got him at #9...He's a highlight reel waiting to happen...And once again, it's Gailey's job to make that happen...Marshawn Lynch is gone...Maybe next year...But he's as good as gone...So it's hard to say RB was not a need at all...It was just not as big a need as QB and LT especially as far as the Media was concerned...

Sorry for the long Post...Just saying... B-)

They said that about Trent too :thumbsup:

But all kidding aside, Nix also said that Brown, although he does have a very fast release, does say he 3-quarters his balls (?). Not sure what this means, but I heard the same thing about Phillip Rivers coming out of college.

I 3-quarter my balls too.

Interesting...Good find!

I've read some of the REAL bad Grades The Bills have received and I just HAVE to laugh...

I think part of the problem is the Buffalo and National voices, Fans and Media, have been SO vocal about the O-Line and QB Needs some of these so-called-experts are finding it impossible to think outside the box a bit...The Bills finished 30th...Yes that's right...30th in Run Defense last Year...In comparison they finished a respectable 16th in Rushing Offense...The area the Bills struggled in on Offense was Passing where they finished 30th...They were 29th in completion percentage, 30th in yards per Game, and they allowed the 4th most Sacks in the league...That's where Chan Gailey is going to earn his money...He's an Offensive minded Head Coach...He was brought in to improve the Passing game and cut down on the number of Sacks allowed...That's why they hired him...And the fact that he did not Pick Clausen or McCoy at #41 proves Gailey believes one of the bunch from Edwards, Brohm, or Fitz will be better than Clausen or McCoy...And it really does not matter what anyone else thinks...It's Gailey's call...Right or wrong...Same goes for LT...He obviously feels at this point that Bell or someone they can grab in a Trade or Free Agency will be just as good or better than anyone they could have Drafted at #9, or #41...Right or wrong, Gailey's call...

So Run Defense and Pass Offense were the 2 greatest areas of Need...But another consideration HAS to be the fact that The Bills play in BUFFALO NY...So while Passing Offense is certainly important, the ability to stop the Run and Run the Ball has additional importance due to where The Bills play 7 Games per Year...Plus they Play at Cincy and at the NY Jets after November...And if you can Run the Ball and stop the Run that's good no matter where you play...Especially when you have a good secondary...

The Bills are in Year one of yet another re-building process...It's FAR easier to address stopping The Run and Running the Ball then it is getting a Franchise QB or Franchise LT...It just is...And don't get me wrong, The Bills STILL Need a Franchise QB and LT...Thing is Mike Mayock said during the Combine that this was the deepest Draft he's ever Graded on the Defensive side of the Ball...Especially at D-Line...It was NOT the deepest Draft at QB or LT...The Bills also added Dwan Edwards as a Run stuffing 3-4 DE...Is there any question what The Bills priority was this Off Season? Folks? Edwards, Troup, Carrington...Again, 30th Run D in the NFL...Any questions?

I'm not completely sold on this strategy either...I was in favor of a Trade down from #9 minimum...I'm not sure Spiller was the right way to go (though it's growing on me every time I see that highlight reel... :thumbsup: )...But to give The Bills anything lower than a B Grade is a bit rediculous considering they only had 9 picks total and a whole slew of needs...They got a guy at #9 that was not a massive need but he is a guy that some Scouts thought was THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE DRAFT...Most Scouts certainly felt He was Top 5 in this Draft from a pure talent standpoint, and The Bills got him at #9...He's a highlight reel waiting to happen...And once again, it's Gailey's job to make that happen...Marshawn Lynch is gone...Maybe next year...But he's as good as gone...So it's hard to say RB was not a need at all...It was just not as big a need as QB and LT especially as far as the Media was concerned...

Sorry for the long Post...Just saying... B-)

Very good post. My only quibble: I think the Bills are in Year Two of a rebuild that began with bringing Nix back in to shape up the scouting department last year which, Maybin aside, saw a pretty good draft.