Trade Lynch for Jamarcus Russell

major

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would certainly do Brady Quinn before Jamarcus Russel but I dont think either one are what Chan is looking for......

I get the feeling that we are looking for a smart spread QB with a quick release who has a little bit of mobility and enough arm for the winds of our stadium.......def rules Russel out and probably Brady Quinn.

Of course the OP's idea is silly, but looking at the QBs on our roster, why do you "get the feeling" that is what CG is looking for? If true, where on the depth chart does he find this QB?

Unfortunately, both Lynch and Russell have underperformed for their teams. With Buffalo selecting Spiller and the Raiders trading for Campbell, would you be in favor of trading Lynch for Russell?

C'mon- this is just silly. Lynch is a two-time 1,000 yard rusher who made some mistakes. Russell hasn't done squat and may never live up to his potential. Lynch is a guy from the mean streets of Oakland who hopefully has cut the ties to his homies. I think the new staff is willing to give him a second chance, and if they are, so should we. He was probably hurt and angry about his demotion last year, and didn't handle it well. If Gailey can develop a relationship with him, and some trust, maybe he can turn his career around. I'd rather try this than a mediocre QB (we've got some of those already) or a low round draft pick.

Unfortunately, both Lynch and Russell have underperformed for their teams. With Buffalo selecting Spiller and the Raiders trading for Campbell, would you be in favor of trading Lynch for Russell?

sure if they throw in nnamdi asomugha

Why not?? Are you serious? If so, here is why not. He is a horrible QB, grossly out of shape and doesn't care to learn how how to play QB. He got his money and he is done.

If u were speaking there would be a sarcastic tone to your voice right?

I still can't believe that Russell appears to be the worst QB in the league and yet, was a #1 pick. I mean, BAD, sure. He could easily have been a huge bust and still be on par with the Ryan Fitzpatricks and Patrick Ramseys of the world. But he seems like a guy who would be unlikely to make the Las Vegas Locomotives. Or the Columbus Destroyers.

:unsure: NO way ...never for "DAmarcus"....not to mention the salary manoey we would have to eat!!