Lets Cheer Marshawn onto a Probowl this season......

BillsRUs

..............and then trade his ass next year for a shot at a first round franchize QB. I'm sure we can pick up a power back later.

3rd stringers who get 1-2 carries a game don't normally get selected to the Pro Bowl. He has a better shot of being selected to the Toilet Bowl, or more than likely the Prison Bowl.

I'd rather see them trade jackson, he's older, but might have more value to other teams now. and Lynch is still a great young player. I'd be happy with him and Spiller sharing carries.

My point is....with an eye to getting in position to land a franchise qb next year, we're better off trading an in form, out of trouble Marshawn as opposed to trading a 31 year old jackson. We can pick up another power back anytime.

One thought about moving Marshawn that occurred to me. A couple years ago, when Nix was still at SD, and I believe their assistant GM, they had LT in his prime, and Michael Turner the super-sub. They had chances to move Turner for a solid if not top draft choice (I wanted the Bills to trade their early second rounder for him, which may or may not have been acceptable to the Chargers). They held out for a #1, or didnt get an offer for a #2, and kept him, knowing full well they would get nothing in return for him the next year.

The point is only that Nix is likely to believe, as I do and I assume as most do, that if you cannot get what you feel a guy is worth, you just keep him. Even if it means not getting anything later. This is not the case with Marshawn as they still have him for 2-3 years. But we can't get what Marshawn is worth because of his baggage, so IMO there is no reason to get rid of him for less. And I don't think we will. He'll play. He'll get touches. If Jackson goes down he'll be the starter.

One thought about moving Marshawn that occurred to me. A couple years ago, when Nix was still at SD, and I believe their assistant GM, they had LT in his prime, and Michael Turner the super-sub. They had chances to move Turner for a solid if not top draft choice (I wanted the Bills to trade their early second rounder for him, which may or may not have been acceptable to the Chargers). They held out for a #1, or didnt get an offer for a #2, and kept him, knowing full well they would get nothing in return for him the next year.

The point is only that Nix is likely to believe, as I do and I assume as most do, that if you cannot get what you feel a guy is worth, you just keep him. Even if it means not getting anything later. This is not the case with Marshawn as they still have him for 2-3 years. But we can't get what Marshawn is worth because of his baggage, so IMO there is no reason to get rid of him for less. And I don't think we will. He'll play. He'll get touches. If Jackson goes down he'll be the starter.

They didn't draft Spiller to be a backup

They didn't draft Spiller to be a backup

Spiller is going to play a ton. He's very likely not going to line up as the starting RB behind the QB, or get the most carries, that will be Jackson. I would imagine Spiller gets about 10 carries a game, 6-7 passes thrown to him (how many are complete is a question mark) and 5-6 KR and PR a game.

Exactly. Getting rid of a perfectly good player for a mid round pick is absurd.

I just wish someone could tell me what Lynch has done that's made him so despised. He didn't come in to voluntarily lift weights? It was reported that he wanted a trade (is there any link of Lynch actually asking for a trade)? It amazes me how quickly the mob turns.

I'm pretty sure the Bills tried to move Lynch before/during the draft and couldn't. I'm guessing they didn't want to sell low. Good for the Bills.

I'm hopeful (as I think the Bills are) that a market develops for Lynch...maybe during preseason when injuries take their toll.

I also think the likelihood that he's on the opening day roster is less than 50%.

JMO.