Analyzing the analysts

After watching the entire draft by flipping back and forth I have to say the NFL channel out researched and outdid ESPN. Even losing Mayock today didn't bring them down,,,,ESPN did not seem organized and talked wayyyyyy too much about Clausen, Mcoy, et al

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I flipped to ESPN a few times. Then flipped back to NFL Networkto watch the commercial rather than watch the overstylized, no substance ESPN. Kind of a shame.. I used to like Berman, but rarely get to hear his comments any more.

It's not even close. NFL Network was excellent. Tons of insight.

I've actually enjoyed ESPN over the years, but I found it painful to watch this year. Borderline unwatchable. Too many guys, low energy, lots of stumbling, no one seemed that well informed, and Steve Young almost single-handedly kills it - he is such a boor (loves to hear himself talk, interrupts, doesn't listen to anyone, offers nothing new - just godawful).

I was really impressed with the NFL Network coverage.

NFL hands down. ESPN Shouldn't be allowed to cover the draft any longer

HAHAHA!!! that's awesome.....I can see Godell stripping them of Draft Coverage rights "I am imposing a suspension of 3 years on ESPN from covering the draft"

I watched NFLN for day two and three.....ESPN day one (not by choice)....I say NFLN was way better at it, as they have been the last couple years I have watched them.

To tell the truth, haven't watched ESPN for anything in years. The last time I saw boomer was when he introduced Ralph at the HOF. But I can't help thinking that it would be a total and complete humiliation if the NFL's own TV channel found itself to be out-researched or out-analyzed by any other channel.

To tell the truth, haven't watched ESPN for anything in years. The last time I saw boomer was when he introduced Ralph at the HOF. But I can't help thinking that it would be a total and complete humiliation if the NFL's own TV channel found itself to be out-researched or out-analyzed by any other channel.

NFLN, NHLN, MLBN, and NBATV have all cut into ESPN viewership and I'm damn happy about it!!! :pirate:

NFLN, NHLN, MLBN, and NBATV have all cut into ESPN viewership and I'm damn happy about it!!! :flirt:

ESPN needs something to take them off their self-given pedestal. They do a painfully average job of covering pretty much everything, and only stick to the "big" names. Like many have said, they killed the whole McCoy and Clausen situations by not letting it go.

I kept flicking back and forth, only to see the draft ticker at the bottom of ESPN during the commercials on NFL-N :pirate:

NFL Network hands down. ESPN sucked all day. They should have put Schefter on air a lot longer. Hes the only guy they have who isn't terrible. I don't understand why they are so bad. The best analogy I could draw is, it's like they're running on modem technology in a high speed internet world. They simply won't adapt and change