Al Davis and Mike Shanahan make the Campbell Deal

Yeah it does seem like a bargain basement price. Particularly sad we missed out if Nix knew he wasn't going to draft a QB this year. A QB of the future he is not, but he is a clear upgrade to our current CFL caliber QBs.

Ahh well, in Buddy we trust, right? :thumbdown:

Yeah it does seem like a bargain basement price. Particularly sad we missed out if Nix knew he wasn't going to draft a QB this year. A QB of the future he is not, but he is a clear upgrade to our current CFL caliber QBs.

I agree. Sadly, it doesn't take much to be called an upgrade over our current QB "package"

I live in the DC area and, unfortunately, watch a lot of Redskins games. I can say I've NEVER seen a series of plays and thought, "I wish Campbell was on the Bills." I don't see what were missing. He's no better than Trent Edwards, or for that matter, Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I live in the DC area and, unfortunately, watch a lot of Redskins games. I can say I've NEVER seen a series of plays and thought, "I wish Campbell was on the Bills." I don't see what were missing. He's no better than Trent Edwards, or for that matter, Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I live in the DC area and agree with this post too.

I don't live in DC and agree.

For nothing, I'd take him. For a 4th, no way.

But the 4th is two years down the road in 2012. So, the old axiom where you should roughly drop the pick in value one round for each year you have to wait can come into play.

Ahh well, in Buddy we trust, right? :thumbdown:

Really? Call me crazy, but I would take Trent over Campbell.

Those two organizations were the last two I'd guess would have been chatting. Maybe Shanny wanted to try and stick it to Denver now. A 2012 4th rounder for Campbell? Wow. This is one time I'll say "we should have done that"!!!

Don't forget that Redskin GM Bruce Allen used to work for the Raiders.

But the 4th is two years down the road in 2012. So, the old axiom where you should roughly drop the pick in value one round for each year you have to wait can come into play.

i dont agree with mortgaging your future for a mediocre player (and i like campbell).

in 2 years from now, Campbell could be out of football, and the Raiders will have no pick and nothing to show for it.