If you read only 1 playoff scenario thread,

Assuming our beloved Bills win all 5 remaining games - and our chances drop to virtually 0% if we don't do so (thanks, in large part, to our horrible record vs. AFC opponents) - here's what we need to make the playoffs:

4 of these 5 scenarios need to happen for the #6 seed; all 5 need to happen for the #5 seed:

1. Texans lose at least 1 game (extremely likely, given that they play the Jets away, the Colts at home, and the Jaguars away).

2. Jaguars lose at least 2 games (very likely, given that they play the Packers away and the Steelers at home).

3. Broncos lose at least 3 games (not likely, unless they can lose to the Chiefs in KC).

4. Ravens lose at least 3 games (I'd say not likely, unless they can lose to the Bengals at home).

5. Jets either lose at least 4 games or they lose all 3 remaining AFC games (seems unlikely until you take a closer look at their brutal remaining schedule and factor in the Pennington injury along with the Jets' overrated record against many of the easy teams that the Bills have yet to play).

Week by week breakdown of who Bills fans need to root for:

(Note: this is obviously subject to change if either the Steelers or Colts or Chargers decide to have a complete meltdown):

(Another note: I added all Steelers and Patriots games in this list because a lot of you want the Steelers to be resting their starters by week 17. In my opinion, who cares? If the Bills are still in the playoff race by the final game - at home, with a 6 game winning streak - the Steelers are the ones who should be the underdogs... But anyway, we'd need the Steelers rather than the Pats to be on top by week 17 because the Steelers play 3 teams that we need to lose, while the Pats only play 1.)

WEEK 13:

Bills over Dolphins

Texans over Jets

Chargers over Broncos

Bengals over Ravens

Steelers over Jaguars

Browns over Patriots

WEEK 14:

Bills over Browns

Colts over Texans

Dolphins over Broncos

Giants over Ravens

Bears over Jaguars

Steelers over Jets

Bengals over Patriots

WEEK 15:

Bills over Bengals

Bears over Texans

Packers over Jaguars

Chiefs over Broncos

Colts over Ravens

Seahawks over Jets

Steelers over Giants

Dolphins over Patriots

WEEK 16:

Bills over 49ers

Titans over Broncos

Texans over Jaguars (except in the possible situation that both teams are 8-6 at this point)

Steelers over Ravens

Patriots over Jets

WEEK 17:

Bills over Steelers

Colts over Broncos

Browns over Texans

Raiders over Jaguars

Rams over Jets

Dolphins over Ravens

49ers over Patriots

P.S.: If you are tempted to post "let's take it one game at a time" or "sorry Kelso but the playoff aren't going to happen," DON'T.

Assuming our beloved Bills win all 5 remaining games - and our chances drop to virtually 0% if we don't do so (thanks, in large part, to our horrible record vs. AFC opponents) - here's what we need to make the playoffs:

4 of these 5 scenarios need to happen for the #6 seed; all 5 need to happen for the #5 seed:

1. Texans lose at least 1 game (extremely likely, given that they play the Jets away, the Colts at home, and the Jaguars away).

2. Jaguars lose at least 2 games (very likely, given that they play the Packers away and the Steelers at home).

3. Broncos lose at least 3 games (not likely, unless they can lose to the Chiefs in KC).

4. Ravens lose at least 3 games (I'd say not likely, unless they can lose to the Bengals at home).

5. Jets either lose at least 4 games or they lose all 3 remaining AFC games (seems unlikely until you take a closer look at their brutal remaining schedule and factor in the Pennington injury along with the Jets' overrated record against many of the easy teams that the Bills have yet to play).

Week by week breakdown of who Bills fans need to root for:

(Note: this is obviously subject to change if either the Steelers or Colts or Chargers decide to have a complete meltdown):

(Another note: I added all Steelers and Patriots games in this list because a lot of you want the Steelers to be resting their starters by week 17. In my opinion, who cares? If the Bills are still in the playoff race by the final game - at home, with a 6 game winning streak - the Steelers are the ones who should be the underdogs... But anyway, we'd need the Steelers rather than the Pats to be on top by week 17 because the Steelers play 3 teams that we need to lose, while the Pats only play 1.)

WEEK 13:

Bills over Dolphins

Texans over Jets

Chargers over Broncos

Bengals over Ravens

Steelers over Jaguars

Browns over Patriots

WEEK 14:

Bills over Browns

Colts over Texans

Dolphins over Broncos

Giants over Ravens

Bears over Jaguars

Steelers over Jets

Bengals over Patriots

WEEK 15:

Bills over Bengals

Bears over Texans

Packers over Jaguars

Chiefs over Broncos

Colts over Ravens

Seahawks over Jets

Steelers over Giants

Dolphins over Patriots

WEEK 16:

Bills over 49ers

Titans over Broncos

Texans over Jaguars (except in the possible situation that both teams are 8-6 at this point)

Steelers over Ravens

Patriots over Jets

WEEK 17:

Bills over Steelers

Colts over Broncos

Browns over Texans

Raiders over Jaguars

Rams over Jets

Dolphins over Ravens

49ers over Patriots

P.S.: If you are tempted to post "let's take it one game at a time" or "sorry Kelso but the playoff aren't going to happen," DON'T.

138003[/snapback]

:blink::huh::lol::lol:

Whewwww. Thanks for the research. The Bills really need some luck on their side for this but you never know. Just win and let the rest take care of itself, there's no other way to look at it.

That list will come in mighty handy for me over the next few weeks, and the effort is appreciated. However, don't you think we should just take it one week at a time, I mean we have zero chance of making the playoffs. :huh::blink:

Wow.....imagine what we did prior to the invention of the internet..

138070[/snapback]

Once upon a time there were things called libraries. They were BIG buildings filled with a thing called books. (Books are things made out of paper that have lots of writing on them like you can find here, big books with floppy covers were called "magazines").

People tired of "Books" because many did not have pictures.

(BTW, good post)

Outstanding post. I trust you checked and re-checked everything because if you got even one small thing wrong, it's going to fug up the whole post and a lot of people are going to be very upset when they find out. (But Kelso said...!) :blink:

Thanks for all the compliments. I wanted to do something special for my "look-at-me" celebratory 1,000th post rather than explain how Bledsoe still sucks or how Vincent had his knee replaced with a vagina.

Here are a few additions to my week-by-week printable schedule, accounting for the possibilities that the Colts, Chargers, and Steelers could each collapse (an exclamation mark means pay very close attention to the outcome of that game; that outcome will have an immediate effect on the mathematical probability of the Bills' playoff chances, a number too small to bother computing at this time...):

WEEK 13:

Bills over Dolphins !!!

Chargers over Broncos !

Bengals over Ravens !

Texans over Jets !

Steelers over Jaguars !

Browns over Patriots

Titans over Colts

WEEK 14:

Bills over Browns !!!

Dolphins over Broncos !

Giants over Ravens !

Steelers over Jets !

Bears over Jaguars !

Colts over Texans **- unless Texans lose to Jets in Week 13

Bengals over Patriots

Bucs over Chargers

WEEK 15:

Bills over Bengals !!!

Packers over Jaguars !

Seahawks over Jets !

Chiefs over Broncos !

Colts vs. Ravens ! **- depends on AFC South and North Division Races

Steelers over Giants

Dolphins over Patriots

Browns over Chargers

Bears over Texans

WEEK 16:

Bills over 49ers !!!

Titans over Broncos !

Patriots over Jets !

Texans over Jaguars ! **- unless both teams are 8-6 at this point

Steelers over Ravens ! **- unless both teams are 10-4 at this point

Colts vs. Chargers **- depends on AFC South and West Division Races

WEEK 17:

Bills over Steelers !!!

Dolphins over Ravens !

Rams over Jets !

Raiders over Jaguars !

Colts vs. Broncos ! **- depends on AFC South and West Division Races

49ers over Patriots

Browns over Texans

Chiefs over Chargers

I'll continue updating this thread as long as the Bills are still mathematically alive in the playoff race.

Great Post. Never say die.

Ravens O blows and Denver started their collapse last night in the snow. THeir RB situation is not good and remember Plummer has only made the playoffs 1 time in his career so this is no shoo-in. I can see the JETS choking the chicken with that tough schedule!!! Good work.

Guest Troy Vincent
I wanted to do something special for my "look-at-me" celebratory 1,000th post rather than explain how Bledsoe still sucks or how Vincent had his knee replaced with a vagina.

138464[/snapback]

With a pu$$y for a knee, I'm still 10X the player you ever were.