Look at our Defense

Numark

Just look at this defense and how much potential it has (4 new players in front 7 and are in bold)

DEs - Stroud, Edwards, Carrington, Kelsay

DTs - Williams, Troup

LBs - Schobel, Maybin, Davis, Mitchel, Poz

CBs - McGee, Mckelvin, Florence, Corner, Lankster

Ss - Byrd, Whitner, McKelvin, Wilson

Now add Alex Carrington to the DE's. I am getting to be really excited about our defense. If we can just stay healthy, i think we can be a good if not great defense. We already have a good secondary, and i feel with the additons of edwards, davis, troup and carrington, we will be a much tougher and phyical defense.

Just look at this defense and how much potential it has (4 new players in front 7 and are in bold)

DEs - Stroud, Edwards, Carrington, Kelsay Spencer Johnson

DTs - Williams, Troup

LBs - Schobel, Maybin, Davis, Mitchell, Poz

Small change made to the depth chart..

DTs - Williams, Troup

I would say Kelsay's days are numbered, Edwards is still possibly an injury risk and Spencer Johnson probably isn't suited for the 3-4. Carrington is a pretty damn good pick to really strengthen a front 7 that has been seriously upgraded this off-season.

DTs - Williams, Troup

I thinks it's heading in the right direction too.

DTs - Williams, Troup

There is only a few problems...Stroud isn't a DE in a 3-4 nor is Kelsay, and Carrington is a 4-3 DE. I'll give you Edwards. Troup weight is that of a DT. Schobel has never played 3-4 before, Lankster is practice squad material, McGee and McKelvin are short going against tall guys like Holmes, Marshall, and Moss. Whitner is an average player.

Other than that, I'd say the defense has a ton of potential.

There is only a few problems...Stroud isn't a DE in a 3-4 nor is Kelsay, and Carrington is a 4-3 DE. I'll give you Edwards. Troup weight is that of a DT. Schobel has never played 3-4 before, Lankster is practice squad material, McGee and McKelvin are short going against tall guys like Holmes, Marshall, and Moss. Whitner is an average player.

You need to start drinking the buffalobills.com kool-aid

Maybe Carrington will be as good as Chris Ellis???

Ellis won't even be considered for a position on the D-Line. Even making a comparison of Ellis and Carrington shows the ignorance and idiocy of the poster. Do a little research before you make your moronic comments.

This, IMO, is a pretty good pick. Schobel is up in the air, Stroud isn't a natural 3-4 end, along with S. Johnson or Williams. Carrington can stop the run and I can picture him as a DLE similar to Hansen, with a bit more rush ability.

Oh brother, aren't you the little cloud that cried. C'mon - that crap analysis can make any defense sound like crap. We got some good players today. Freaking relax.

Actually he IS a DE in a 3-4 defense. Troups weight is fine when you consider his strength. All he's there for is to tie up blockers and thats what he does best. You also bag on our CBs based on their height...did you watch mcgee and florence play last year? If you did, you wouldnt include them in an arguement over if the bills D has improved.

Ellis won't even be considered for a position on the D-Line. Even making a comparison of Ellis and Carrington shows the ignorance and idiocy of the poster. Do a little research before you make your moronic comments.

This, IMO, is a pretty good pick. Schobel is up in the air, Stroud isn't a natural 3-4 end, along with S. Johnson or Williams. Carrington can stop the run and I can picture him as a DLE similar to Hansen, with a bit more rush ability.

My post was more a criticism of Ellis than Carrington. I really do hope Carrington ends up panning out better than Ellis. If he plays one down, he will.

The Bills already said Ellis will move to OLB in the new system along with Kelsay and Schobel. Now Carrington was project by almost every scout to be a 3-4 5 technique DE...IMO Good Pick. I posted on this board today the Bills wanted Troup look at what our scouts were saying about him leading up to the draft it was obvious they think he is better than Cody and Thomas...time will tell. If we can add Ricky Sapp I'll be really happy with the defense.