Pass rush

As of right now, Kelsay and Maybin are the Bills primary pass rushers and it doesn't look like Schobel is coming back. The Bills had a few shots now at some very good pass rushers and we take a RB when we have 2 good ones and now a NT when they said that KW was playing there?

I'm calling it right now, the Bills will be in the bottom of the league in sacks. But they will lead the league in "excitement"!!!!!!!!

so they said KW was going to play NT in March so it must be that way when the season starts, come on

I agree this was a reach pick and they were obviously disappointed that they were not able to trade up and get Williams

so they said KW was going to play NT in March so it must be that way when the season starts, come on

I agree this was a reach pick and they were obviously disappointed that they were not able to trade up and get Williams

Well, they have Stroud, Johnson and signed Dwan Edwards. That is your D rotation. So yes, KW will play NT.

As of right now, Kelsay and Maybin are the Bills primary pass rushers and it doesn't look like Schobel is coming back. The Bills had a few shots now at some very good pass rushers and we take a RB when we have 2 good ones and now a NT when they said that KW was playing there?

I'm calling it right now, the Bills will be in the bottom of the league in sacks. But they will lead the league in "excitement"!!!!!!!!

I'll actually defend the Bills a little bit here. As important as getting to the QB is in any defense, the 3-4 starts and ends at the NT position. It's the absolute keystone of the D and should be the #1 priority when assembling said D. A lot like QB on offense.

And personally, none of the pass rushers this year impress me. Law of averages says at least 1 will pan out nicely, just because there's so many candidates, but I don't think any one individually is more than 50% likely to be a hit.

I'll actually defend the Bills a little bit here. As important as getting to the QB is in any defense, the 3-4 starts and ends at the NT position. It's the absolute keystone of the D and should be the #1 priority when assembling said D. A lot like QB on offense.

And personally, none of the pass rushers this year impress me. Law of averages says at least 1 will pan out nicely, just because there's so many candidates, but I don't think any one individually is more than 50% likely to be a hit.

Jenkins, Williams, Wilfork or any other NT would not make a bit of difference with Kelsay and Maybin rushing the QB. Jenkins, Williams and Hampton all went down this year and it didn't effect their defenses one bit.

The team will NOT be built at the end of this draft. If they think the next Kevin Mawae is available in the 3rd over the next John Fina, please take Mawae despite the fact that we needs the Fina position.

GOOD!

Because even if they had the best pass rusher in the draft, they aren't going anywhere this year.They need to score some points.

Leading the league in excitement would be a vast improvement over watching the dullest teams I can remember for the last few years.

Getting more sacks for this team can be improved with one player. Getting the ball down the field and into the endzone will take at least 4 more good players (now with Spiller, 3).

Typical lemming response. Actually it's a legit concern isn't it? I'm guessing that with your response you believe that Maybin will turn into the next LT. :D

For now, you gotta let LAST YEAR'S pick simmer, hope he will fill the need you drafted him to fill, and get some of the other glaring weaknesses filled. Fool.

Typical lemming response. Actually it's a legit concern isn't it? I'm guessing that with your response you believe that Maybin will turn into the next LT. :D

Did you really think all of our needs would be filled with the first 2 picks?

The fact of the matter is true pass rushers in the NFL are very rare - most pressure comes from scheme.

For now, you gotta let LAST YEAR'S pick simmer, hope he will fill the need you drafted him to fill, and get some of the other glaring weaknesses filled. Fool.

If you're waiting for Maybin to "simmer" I'm not sure you should be accusing of anyone of being foolish. So pass rush is not a need on this team? Why are so many taking offense to a simple question? Did we have a good pass rush last year?

It's pretty rare that teams find legit pass rushers this late so I guess the Bills are counting on the dynamic package of Maybin,Kelsay, Mitchell and Ellis to get to the QB from the outside. Passing on guys like Norwwod, Sapp, Gibson and Schofeild late could come back to hurt when Brady and Sanchez are throwing for 300 against us as they are yawning in the pocket.

How long has it been since the Bills have been able to put consitant pressure on the QB...10 years at least.

I don't think anyone is debating that finding a good pass rusher is a need for this team. However, they have

other needs, too. A bigger need than pass rush is finding a way to stop the run. If they can't do that then they

have little hope of generating a pass rush even if Bruce Smith is reincarnated. If you can't stop the run, it is rarely

3rd and long. Trying to ring up sacks on 3rd and 2 is very very difficult, plus it makes you compromise your

pass defense by having to bring extra players up to help stop the run.

They won't get everything in one year and would be dumb to try to. That's the way it is. Accept is or don't.