Things to keep an eye out for

Estro

1. The Bears covet Nate Allen (Safety from South Florida). He's still on the board, but could be the next safety off the board. Doesn't have the fame of Taylor Mays, but is probably more ready to play now. Without a 2nd round pick the Bears will more than likely have to move up to land Allen. Now news breaks there shopping several of their LB's to add picks. I think the Bears will make an aggresive trade up to land their man.....Nate Allen.

2. I think it's more likely the Bills trade back then up this round. I suspect the Bills are high on Eric Norwood, who would be a bit of a reach at #41, but may not be there at #72. By moving back and picking up an extra 3rd-4th they could land Norwood at a more reasonable slot.

3. Yesterday when the Chargers made the huge moveup to #12 I was sure it was to land Dan Williams. Wrong. I suspected for a long time that SD liked Jeff Owens to replace Jamaal Williams as NT. Now without a 2nd round pick, I think the Chargers will really be hoping to see Owens on the board when they pick in Round 3. A.J. Smith has clearly been reaching for needs the last few years so don't be surprised to see SD move up again and target their desired NT.

4. Let's hope the Pats don't turn one of their 2nd round picks into a 2011 1st round pick.

1. The Bears covet Nate Allen (Safety from South Florida). He's still on the board, but could be the next safety off the board. Doesn't have the fame of Taylor Mays, but is probably more ready to play now. Without a 2nd round pick the Bears will more than likely have to move up to land Allen. Now news breaks there shopping several of their LB's to add picks. I think the Bears will make an aggresive trade up to land their man.....Nate Allen.

2. I think it's more likely the Bills trade back then up this round. I suspect the Bills are high on Eric Norwood, who would be a bit of a reach at #41, but may not be there at #72. By moving back and picking up and extra 3rd-4th they could land Norwood at a more reasonable slot.

3. Yesterday when the Chargers made the huge moveup to #12 I was sure it was to land Dan Williams. Wrong. I suspected for a long time that SD liked Jeff Owens to replace Jamaal Williams as NT. Now without a 2nd round pick, I think the Chargers will really be hoping to see Owens on the board when they pick in Round 3. A.J. Smith has clearly been reaching for needs the last few years so don't be surprised to see SD move up again and target their desired NT.

4. Let's hope the Pats dont' turn one of their 2nd round picks into a 2011 1st round pick.

I do like Norwood. Everytime you saw him he meant business.

New England has too many picks. They can't all make the team. Teams would be better off not dealing with them but that would be colusion so alas I think your fears may come true about next years draft.

2. I think it's more likely the Bills trade back then up this round. I suspect the Bills are high on Eric Norwood, who would be a bit of a reach at #41, but may not be there at #72. By moving back and picking up an extra 3rd-4th they could land Norwood at a more reasonable slot.

4. Let's hope the Pats don't turn one of their 2nd round picks into a 2011 1st round pick.

If new england trades a 2nd for another #1 next year I will cry. They already have Oaklands #1 pick next year which will most likely be top 10. Wow!! They are smart. 13 picks!!!! They can afford gamble on guys like Blount from Oregon, or Mike Williams from Cuse and if they miss no harm done

If new england trades a 2nd for another #1 next year I will cry. They already have Oaklands #1 pick next year which will most likely be top 10. Wow!! They are smart. 13 picks!!!! They can afford gamble on guys like Blount from Oregon, or Mike Williams from Cuse and if they miss no harm done

Exatly can you imagine NE heading into next year's draft with 3 1st round pikcs. It's certainly possible. I'm sure they will at least parlay one of their 2nd's today into a 3rd and 2nd next year, which means worst case they'll have 2 #1's & 2 #2's for the 2011 draft.

To add a little to my thinking that the Bills like Norwood: He comes at a great position of need, OLB, and can rush the passer. He also has a full body of work, and had a great career at South Carolina. A 4 year player, who earned 1st team All SEC 3 years in a row. Also earned 1st Team All American his senior season. Remember, Nix puts a lot of stock into a full body of work, and Norwood's got that.

i know we arent in need of a safety, but nate allen is the real deal.. hate to pass on him,im sure they will.

i know we arent in need of a safety, but nate allen is the real deal.. hate to pass on him,im sure they will.

Nate Allen is one of my favorite safeties in this years class. He's a gamer and makes a lot of plays on the ball (way more than Mays). He would be too much of a luxury pick for the Bills at #41, though. I'd prefer a defender in the front 7 or OL with that pick.

Nate Allen is one of my favorite safeties in this years class. He's a gamer and makes a lot of plays on the ball (way more than Mays). He would be too much of a luxury pick for the Bills at #41, though. I'd prefer a defender in the front 7 or OL with that pick.

But....but...if he's a "playmaker" and the "best player available" don't you HAVE to take him?

:D

OK, I'm done ripping the Spiller pick now. Promise. No really.

No one is talking about tight ends.

This is perhaps the deepest TE draft in years, and I'm sure the Bills are eyeing one or two of them. Very interested to see which one they snatch. Would love Gronkowski but I don't think he fits what Chan is looking for - I think they'd rather someone like Dickson or Hernandez.

No one is talking about tight ends.

This is perhaps the deepest TE draft in years, and I'm sure the Bills are eyeing one or two of them. Very interested to see which one they snatch. Would love Gronkowski but I don't think he fits what Chan is looking for - I think they'd rather someone like Dickson or Hernandez.

Sure. Why not? Throw in a WR there, too.

How weird would it be seeing a bills jersey with the name NORWOOD on it...it angers me of the thought even if he's not the kicker...LOL...

I would hate to see that name on the bills again lol.I would want to throw someone at him and say fnck you!! and once he turn around and says, what i did wrong? i just tell him no not you norwood the bills old kick =p

Complete Speculation, but when the Bills' pick came so quick, I thought for sure it would be a trade to San Diego. San Diego, was the logical trading partner for the Bills. They wanted a RB and Spillers was there.

When San Diego traded up later it was apparent that they must have attempted to get the 1.09.

Something must have happened between the war rooms. Its strange how fast the Bills pick went up when there were suitors for a trade down.

Maybe Buddy Nix got pissed off and\or pissed off SD. Again complete unfounded speculation, but that whole sequence of events is suspicious.

I would have taken the trade down offer.

However it will be exciting to have a possible home run threat in Buffalo, since . . . .um . . . .well . . . um . . . .hmm . . . Kenny Davis??? :D