Speculation: Bills to trade up to get ND's Clausen!!

Thanks Pap.

I keep wondering why so many (seem) to forget this. We're (fans) harder on our QB's than anyone else associated with the League. Fitz is a quality back-up, Edwards wouldn't be unemployed for a day if he were kicked to the curb here and Brohm is a GREAT unknown, worthy of a decent shot. He was the Clausen of 3 years ago.

I don't think Lynch is going anywhere either, unless we're appoached with 'too good to pass up' offer. Also, I'm no fan of Cody and don't believe the FO is. Yes, he's 'mountainous'. He's lazy. Throwing million$$ at him won't make work hard when he never has. I noticed this several times watching 'Bama and any fan of that team would tell you the same thing.

The only aspect of the roster fans and FO are known to be in agreement is addressing the lines, O&D. I'm leaving it up to them to select who they believe will improve them.

It hasn't been confirmed whatsoever - it was speculated by an Adam Schefter "source", presumably the same source that was wrong about the Bills' interest in Tim Tebow.

Hunh? The Bills denied wanting to trade up for Tebow, but they also talked about how many phone calls they got about the coaching job, many from people you wouldn't believe. Not a slam dunk that they weren't interested, so if it's the same source, he may be right.

+1

La Canfora is one of the few non-idiots on NFLN. I believe he's spot on:

1. The Bills don't believe in Clausen

2. They have already scouted the heck out of mid-round QB's and that's where they'll get one - later.

3. There are four good OT's still on the board - one of them will be there for Buffalo at #41 and be (another) good value pick.

So, Schefter's source is wrong because he disagrees with you, and LaCanfora's source is right because he agrees with you.

Got it.

Does anyone actually believe that Cleveland is going after another ND QB after the Brady Quinn debacle? If Buffalo is in fact looking to move ahead of Cleveland then it must be for McCoy.

If the Bills are going after QB, I believe it is McCoy. What I see is unless they get value, I know it's a

highly overrated term, they stay put and go for best available. Now, unless they give a pick from next

year, or package that with Lynch, I just don't see them dropping picks from this year to move up.

For some reason Clausen seems to have some stink on him. Even though he played in a pro-style

offense and should be the one out of the top 4 QB's who should have the least amount of trouble starting.

Don't know what it is, but he may fall even further. Then again, with all the disinformation out there,

we may give up the house for him.

I dont wanna be the one to say this but isnt this kinda like the same scenerio with JP Losman? I mean there was the top 4 qbs (Ben, Eli, Rivers, and JP) and he had the same comments about him being cocky just like JP did.

The good news is that we ended up trading back into the 1st round to grab Losman back then but did not make the same mistake this year

How about Lynch and a R4 pick for #33 overall??

The Bills would be in the driver seat then.

They could:

1. Draft QB J. Clausen and fill one of their three biggest needs.

2. Draft an OT (OT B. Campbell was expected to be a R1 pick).

3. Draft NT T. Cody.

4. Trade down a little bit and pick up an extra R3 or R4 pick. Then select of one of the three players above.

5. Trade down twice (a al Denver) and pick up multiple additional R3 or R4 picks while still being able to grab one of the three above.

The key issue is whether Nix is infatuated with any of the three. If he is then he would obviously stay at #33 and make the pick.

My guess is that if Nix trades for the #33 pick it will be to get ahead of Cleveland in order to select a QB. That QB would be J. Clausen.

I'm amazed that Clausen was not taken in R1. To get him in R2 would be an absolute steal for the Bills. He would be extremely motivated to prove to the NFL world that he was deserving of a R1 selection, not unlike QB D. Brees (last year's Super Bowl MVP).

Replacing Lynch with Spiller and adding Clausen at QB to build around would be some significant improvements for the Bills.

As an aside, the draft mag. that I picked up a few days ago USA Today) happens to have Clausen on the cover and predicted that he would be selected #1 overall.

With Spiller on board, I would love to get a 2nd for Lynch and a 4th... in a heartbeat!

Thanks Pap.

I keep wondering why so many (seem) to forget this. We're (fans) harder on our QB's than anyone else associated with the League. Fitz is a quality back-up, Edwards wouldn't be unemployed for a day if he were kicked to the curb here and Brohm is a GREAT unknown, worthy of a decent shot. He was the Clausen of 3 years ago.

I don't think Lynch is going anywhere either, unless we're appoached with 'too good to pass up' offer. Also, I'm no fan of Cody and don't believe the FO is. Yes, he's 'mountainous'. He's lazy. Throwing million$$ at him won't make work hard when he never has. I noticed this several times watching 'Bama and any fan of that team would tell you the same thing.

The only aspect of the roster fans and FO are known to be in agreement is addressing the lines, O&D. I'm leaving it up to them to select who they believe will improve them.

Cleiar-headed post.

I think Lynch's value on the open market is overrated (from Bills fans). Teams are putting such a premium on draft picks. Look at what much better players have gotten in return, not much. It would probably have to be Lynch and OUR 2nd, just to move up a few slots.

Jimmy Clausen sounds too much like JP Losman. They're both from California and both wear #7. The numbers 7 and 11 have not been kind to the Buffalo Bills. The number 12 however has been very good for us. Go with McCoy.

Even though McCoy would not be wearing #12 if the Bills drafted him

it was speculated by an Adam Schefter "source", presumably the same source that was wrong about the Bills' interest in Tim Tebow.

QUICKCHOMP:

Do you have a link for this. To me their rabid interest in Tebow was the most vexing part of last night. If it turned out to be untrue, I'd feel much better :D