Jets Pick

I could be wrong but don't the Jets have way bigger positions of need? They take a CB with their first pick? Isn't Cromartie and Revis enough? I know everyone thinks its great, Mike and Mike love it saying its a great Rex Ryan pick and guy. That's fine but he might be getting a little cocky? I am sure they have bigger needs than just a corner. Kinda struck me as interesting...anyone else think this?

I could be wrong but don't the Jets have way bigger positions of need? They take a CB with their first pick? Isn't Cromartie and Revis enough? I know everyone thinks its great, Mike and Mike love it saying its a great Rex Ryan pick and guy. That's fine but he might be getting a little cocky? I am sure they have bigger needs than just a corner. Kinda struck me as interesting...anyone else think this?

Plus 1.....

No. The Jets defensive backfield was exposed after 1 starter went out in the playoffs. You need at least 3, if not 4 legit corners these days. I hate the Jets, but they've drafted exceptionally well since Tannenbaum took over and this pick is no different.

in case you missed it - we have a division thats really deep with WRs - ie the phins and pats. it's a very smart pick. the jets' only other big need is depth at LB. they are head to toe a very solid team. maybe another TE. but they don't need anymore WRs, RBs, OL, DL, etc. they could use a NT to groom behind Jenkins - but a great Nickel CB is smart.

the bills would be so lucky...

in case you missed it - we have a division thats really deep with WRs - ie the phins and pats. it's a very smart pick. the jets' only other big need is depth at LB. they are head to toe a very solid team. maybe another TE. but they don't need anymore WRs, RBs, OL, DL, etc. they could use a NT to groom behind Jenkins - but a great Nickel CB is smart.

the bills would be so lucky...

As for the Jets being set at receiver... they only have Holmes and Edwards under contract for this year... it might be something for them to worry about.

No. The Jets defensive backfield was exposed after 1 starter went out in the playoffs. You need at least 3, if not 4 legit corners these days. I hate the Jets, but they've drafted exceptionally well since Tannenbaum took over and this pick is no different.

I agree completely. You better be able to run when you play the Jets because it is going to be very tough to pass against them.

Whats with with all this needs nonsense? No team can have to many good players at any position. Besides, without blitz pressure Revis is very good but not great.

Good pick by the Jets. As someone in the thread suggested, you need corners in the AFCE. Why? Well, like Polian used to say, your first goal every year is to win the division and you have to ask yourself what is needed to accomplish that? Well, in this case it's beating out NE which happens to have an HOF QB running the spread with great receivers. Simple. This allows the Jets to bring the house and disrupt Brady's timing at worst.

GO BILLS!!!