Spiller Reaction NFLN vs ESPN

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Sanders umm no we need guys you can win with which is why they didn't knock Barry's door down with offers when he retired

Barry retired before his contract wa up so Detroit still owned his rights. Rumor has it that he retired for 2 seasons, tired or losing and was used as a work horse thoughout the games but near the goal line they would bring in a FB to score the TD. Most of Barry's TD's were break aways for over 10 yds.

A few teams tried to negociate for Barry's rights after he quit but Detroit would not give them up under any circumstance. Basically if he played he had no choice but to play for Detroit.

If you ask me it was a sad end to a fantastic career and a phenominal player to watch.

I just went back on my DVR and watched Gruden absolutely going off in his praise of Spiller. It feels good for a Buffalo 1st pick to actually be praised for once.

Gruden prasies everyone - it is pretty weird. He is the second coming of Joe Theesman on MNF.

Barry Sanders umm no we need guys you can win with which is why they didn't knock Barry's door down with offers when he retired

So since the Lions were terrible and didn't win as a team.....that makes Barry Sanders terrible? Wow.......glad you're not coaching

My favorite part of the night was the "WE'RE DOOMED" look on Tom Jackson's face when the Broncos picked Tebow. Then watching the other guys on the panel trying their best to console him.

<_<

I noticed the same thing. He looked like someone had just run over his dog.

Steve Young was saying something about " Do they play Nose tackle" when Berman was motioning for the cameras to break away.. LOL

I think this is going to be the last year that Steve Young is on the draft panel. He was talking over everyone. Berman was getting mad, Jackson was getting mad and his mic clip broke and he looked like he was going to cry. ESPN had too many people on the set. It was a giant cluster F.

It should be Berman, TJ, and Kiper. Gruden LOVED everyone and Young would just ramble on.

Best moment is Berman going nuts on camera waving his arms with the Why? face when they cut back from the Armed Forces tribute early. When the tribute began, Young was in the middle of one of his many long winded rants. It was not a very good show by ESPN.

I was stuck watching ESPN because I don't get NFLN, and the whole time I just kept wishing Steve Young would Shut the F!@# up! He didn't know what he was talking about, and he kept interrupting everyone. Did anyone else notice the couple times when Young was blabbering incoherently about something, and they showed Gruden laughing to Kiper? I thought that was hilarious. Even though Gruden praised everyone, he was still enjoyable to watch. Steve Young ruined it for me.

also, I need to ask, did anyone else see Berman lose his cool? it was during the Tebow pick (actually right before).....ESPN was seguing in from a "feel good draft flashback" but the camera was on the crew too early I suppose, and caught Gruden saying to Kyper something to the affect of "....they should say its a crazy league with a lot of dumb ass ....(picks?)...." and Kiper starts cracking up as Berman tries to distract and pull things together. It was pretty funny...then even funnier was another time where Berman started freaking out b/c the camera was on them while they were talking "off mic". Good stuff...unitentional comedy...

I was drinking quite heavily at the time, so maybe I am not recounting it very accurately

It was accurate, Berman looked pissed all night that it was the Gruden / Young show instead of Berman's worn out routine. Even Kiper played second fiddle it was great to watch him lose it.

I always thought that was because Detroit owned his rights and he said he didn't want to play at all anymore. :huh:

It was, it was. If he'd ever had a good OL, a good QB and a good defense, Barry Sanders would have won more than his share of Super Bowls.

I was stuck watching ESPN because I don't get NFLN, and the whole time I just kept wishing Steve Young would Shut the F!@# up! He didn't know what he was talking about, and he kept interrupting everyone. Did anyone else notice the couple times when Young was blabbering incoherently about something, and they showed Gruden laughing to Kiper? I thought that was hilarious. Even though Gruden praised everyone, he was still enjoyable to watch. Steve Young ruined it for me.

You can stream NFL Network live on their site...I don't "officially" get ESPN so I watched that online last night. I switched to ESPN on http://www.atdhe.net/ later in the draft and saw the Tom Jackson moment...I think most of his frustration is what they gave up to get there....

I heard Mayock say that in Path to the Draft and that's an over the top number. He's by far the best player in round 1. The Bills did the best in round one.

Well, I wouldn't mind being the team that got McCoy. Or Suh.

But maybe we did well. Let's hope so.

My favorite part of the night was the "WE'RE DOOMED" look on Tom Jackson's face when the Broncos picked Tebow. Then watching the other guys on the panel trying their best to console him.

:huh:

YES!! By far, the best part of the night. It was like he was forcing himself not to say anything. I was laughing out loud. "You can only be a leader if you're ON THE FIELD!!!" Poor TJ.