Thoughts...

Alaska Darin

1. Focusing on the three turnovers: For the first time in recent memory, this team didn't drop 5 levels of intensity because of mistakes. They plodded through. That may be the most overlooked "HUGE THING" from yesterday's game.

2. Willis ain't 100%. Scary. However, like most running backs, he still requires holes to run through. Seattle's D still didn't respect our passing game enough to stop taking a step forward every play.

3. The NFL is no longer a running league, though it's still very important to be able to do so when you have to.

4. Takeo Spikes is an excellent football player. So is Lawyer Milloy. So is London Fletcher. Coincidentally, all were signed by that idiot Tom Donahoe.

5. Rashard Baker is no Izell Reese. Dude brings the wood when you're in his area and seems to have a feel for the game. I was screaming "QB sprint draw, QB sprint draw" at the screen when the chicks went empty on the goal line. I'm pretty sure Phat Pat and RB heard me. NICE play.

6. As I stated after the Jets game, McGee is going to be a good corner once he gets a little experience and his instincts catch up with his athleticism. Look for the game to slow down significantly for him by the middle of next season. Props to Lawyer Milloy for having the awareness not to try and steal that INT. Imagine, two BILLS secondary players actually in position to pick off a pass.

7. The "sneak pass" yesterday was one of the best plays I've ever seen. I love the KILLER instinct that this coaching staff is showing. I hate the "playing not to lose" mentality that seems to be so pervasive throughout sports now a days. When you have your foot on your opponent's neck, start stomping on their chest with the other. Excellent.

8. Suicide onside was cool as hell. Bobby April wins Special Team's C.o.Y. hands down. Once again, they were CLEARLY better than the opposition.

9. Where TF did Lindell's leg come from? He pummeled that 50+ yarder (though wide) and the 47 yarder before the T.O. was dead nutz perfect. I almost feel bad for him that they called the TO, but he's a kicker - so no.

10. My heart skipped a beat when Nate was slow to get up after getting run over on the punt return. Whoa.

11. We continue to be a better 2nd half team than our opponents. What a change that is from the previous regime.

12. I remember when there were a few poster's last season who were very vocal about signing Darryl Jackson and were quite argumentative with me about him. Anyone care to step up and apologize for being dead wrong? Yeah, I didn't think so.

13. Shelton is quietly having a very nice season at FB. I was all over the guy the first 3 weeks of the season, but it's now apparent he was just shaking off the rust. His play since is worthy of the Pro Bowl (for his position) and the little move he put on yesterday to pick up an additional 10 on the outlet pass was pretty sweet.

14. I like Joe Burns. He plays hard whenever given the opportunity.

15. 2 weeks, 26 carries, 42 yards. Welcome to the rushing stats for Marshall Faulk and Shaun Alexander. Whoa.

16. The Conference Power flip is complete. The NFC is now officially the AFC of the early 90s. The Eagles are the BILLS without the Conference Championships.

17. Anybody still think McNally wasn't a huge offseason acquisition? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Guest Guest_Kent14_*

15. 2 weeks, 26 carries, 42 yards. Welcome to the rushing stats for Marshall Faulk and Shaun Alexander. Whoa.

That is just awesome!!!

6.  As I stated after the Jets game, McGee is going to be a good corner once he gets a little experience and his instincts catch up with his athleticism.  Look for the game to slow down significantly for him by the middle of next season.  Props to Lawyer Milloy for having the awareness not to try and steal that INT.  Imagine, two BILLS secondary players actually in position to pick off a pass.

137753[/snapback]

As much as I hate Troy Vincent nursing himself back to health (as he did here in Philly), I really think that may have been a blessing in disguise (provided it doesn't end up being the factor that costs us the season). Throwing McGee to the wolves FORCED him to learn on the fly and face very good WRs. I know that he will be better for it.

1.  Focusing on the three turnovers:  For the first time in recent memory, this team didn't drop 5 levels of intensity because of mistakes.  They plodded through.  That may be the most overlooked "HUGE THING" from yesterday's game.

2.  Willis ain't 100%.  Scary.  However, like most running backs, he still requires holes to run through.  Seattle's D still didn't respect our passing game enough to stop taking a step forward every play.

3.  The NFL is no longer a running league, though it's still very important to be able to do so when you have to.

4.  Takeo Spikes is an excellent football player.  So is Lawyer Milloy.  So is London Fletcher.  Coincidentally, all were signed by that idiot Tom Donahoe.

5.  Rashard Baker is no Izell Reese.  Dude brings the wood when you're in his area and seems to have a feel for the game.  I was screaming "QB sprint draw, QB sprint draw" at the screen when the chicks went empty on the goal line.  I'm pretty sure Phat Pat and RB heard me.  NICE play.

6.  As I stated after the Jets game, McGee is going to be a good corner once he gets a little experience and his instincts catch up with his athleticism.  Look for the game to slow down significantly for him by the middle of next season.  Props to Lawyer Milloy for having the awareness not to try and steal that INT.  Imagine, two BILLS secondary players actually in position to pick off a pass.

7.  The "sneak pass" yesterday was one of the best plays I've ever seen.  I love the KILLER instinct that this coaching staff is showing.  I hate the "playing not to lose" mentality that seems to be so pervasive throughout sports now a days.  When you have your foot on your opponent's neck, start stomping on their chest with the other.  Excellent.

8.  Suicide onside was cool as hell.  Bobby April wins Special Team's C.o.Y. hands down.  Once again, they were CLEARLY better than the opposition.

9.  Where TF did Lindell's leg come from?  He pummeled that 50+ yarder (though wide) and the 47 yarder before the T.O. was dead nutz perfect.  I almost feel bad for him that they called the TO, but he's a kicker - so no.

10.  My heart skipped a beat when Nate was slow to get up after getting run over on the punt return.  Whoa.

11.  We continue to be a better 2nd half team than our opponents.  What a change that is from the previous regime.

12.  I remember when there were a few poster's last season who were very vocal about signing Darryl Jackson and were quite argumentative with me about him.  Anyone care to step up and apologize for being dead wrong?  Yeah, I didn't think so.

13.  Shelton is quietly having a very nice season at FB.  I was all over the guy the first 3 weeks of the season, but it's now apparent he was just shaking off the rust.  His play since is worthy of the Pro Bowl (for his position) and the little move he put on yesterday to pick up an additional 10 on the outlet pass was pretty sweet.

14.  I like Joe Burns.  He plays hard whenever given the opportunity. 

15.  2 weeks, 26 carries, 42 yards.  Welcome to the rushing stats for Marshall Faulk and Shaun Alexander.  Whoa.

16.  The Conference Power flip is complete.  The NFC is now officially the AFC of the early 90s.  The Eagles are the BILLS without the Conference Championships.

17.  Anybody still think McNally wasn't a huge offseason acquisition?  Yeah, I didn't think so.

137753[/snapback]

Nice post! The only comment missing is Mike William's excellent play at right tackle.

Good post.

Can someone tell me why Bobby April was available for coaching our ST? He's far and away done the most with his group. Wow. My only uneasiness came when Clements was slow to get up. I hope we think long and hard about letting Fast Freddie do punt returns and kickoffs.

Can someone tell me why Bobby April was available for coaching our ST? He's far and away done the most with his group. Wow. My only uneasiness came when Clements was slow to get up. I hope we think long and hard about letting Fast Freddie do punt returns and kickoffs.

137804[/snapback]

He was the fall guy for Mike Martz last year. He got let go because of their poor ST play. Guess it wasn't him after all. As far as the hit on Clements, I agree. Even though it was unintentional, I was sreaming for that guy to get tossed from the game. That accident almost cost us one of our key defensive players.

Gracias, especially coming from someone whose opinion I actually respect. *

*No offense to anyone who complimented me in this thread.

138580[/snapback]

Kiss my ass DarWin............ :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

1.  Focusing on the three turnovers:  For the first time in recent memory, this team didn't drop 5 levels of intensity because of mistakes.  They plodded through.  That may be the most overlooked "HUGE THING" from yesterday's game.

2.  Willis ain't 100%.  Scary.  However, like most running backs, he still requires holes to run through.  Seattle's D still didn't respect our passing game enough to stop taking a step forward every play.

3.  The NFL is no longer a running league, though it's still very important to be able to do so when you have to.

4.  Takeo Spikes is an excellent football player.  So is Lawyer Milloy.  So is London Fletcher.  Coincidentally, all were signed by that idiot Tom Donahoe.

5.  Rashard Baker is no Izell Reese.  Dude brings the wood when you're in his area and seems to have a feel for the game.  I was screaming "QB sprint draw, QB sprint draw" at the screen when the chicks went empty on the goal line.  I'm pretty sure Phat Pat and RB heard me.  NICE play.

7.  The "sneak pass" yesterday was one of the best plays I've ever seen.  I love the KILLER instinct that this coaching staff is showing.  I hate the "playing not to lose" mentality that seems to be so pervasive throughout sports now a days.  When you have your foot on your opponent's neck, start stomping on their chest with the other.  Excellent.

8.  Suicide onside was cool as hell.  Bobby April wins Special Team's C.o.Y. hands down.  Once again, they were CLEARLY better than the opposition.

9.  Where TF did Lindell's leg come from?  He pummeled that 50+ yarder (though wide) and the 47 yarder before the T.O. was dead nutz perfect.  I almost feel bad for him that they called the TO, but he's a kicker - so no.

10.  My heart skipped a beat when Nate was slow to get up after getting run over on the punt return.  Whoa.

11.  We continue to be a better 2nd half team than our opponents.  What a change that is from the previous regime.

12.  I remember when there were a few poster's last season who were very vocal about signing Darryl Jackson and were quite argumentative with me about him.  Anyone care to step up and apologize for being dead wrong?  Yeah, I didn't think so.

13.  Shelton is quietly having a very nice season at FB.  I was all over the guy the first 3 weeks of the season, but it's now apparent he was just shaking off the rust.  His play since is worthy of the Pro Bowl (for his position) and the little move he put on yesterday to pick up an additional 10 on the outlet pass was pretty sweet.

14.  I like Joe Burns.  He plays hard whenever given the opportunity. 

15.  2 weeks, 26 carries, 42 yards.  Welcome to the rushing stats for Marshall Faulk and Shaun Alexander.  Whoa.

16.  The Conference Power flip is complete.  The NFC is now officially the AFC of the early 90s.  The Eagles are the BILLS without the Conference Championships.

17.  Anybody still think McNally wasn't a huge offseason acquisition?  Yeah, I didn't think so.

137753[/snapback]

My thoughts, I agree mostly. I still feel we need another Vet corner. Let McGee handle Nickle and KO's. THEN we have a very scarry Secondary.

Honestly, Cut vincent this offseason. This D is becomeing one hell of a D without him and his cap number sitting the bench. Like you said, Baker may be the real deal by next year.

WM, for a kid that doesn't have 'speed' he can sure hit the long ball :w00t:

Agreed on the way the NFL is. No matter what you MUST pass well to win. bottom line. If you can't back teams out from 8-9 fronts NO back will be successful.

Nate clements got a knee to the Sac! LMAO! :doh: I'm sorry but when you see the replay and what happened you just gotta feel for the man....but laugh at the same time. HA!

#7 believe it or not you and I are EXACTLY The same way. If I am up by 100...I put another 100 on them. You play to score...you score to win.

137753[/snapback]

I just want to say: I'm sorry, Shelton. I've been calling for your head up until last week. I see now, I was wrong.

Yes, people...I admitted I was wrong. You can all note the date and time...