It's one thing to reach for a player when you have 1-2 holes to fill, but the Bills need help EVERYWHERE except RB and DB. It's not like the next OT or LB was rated 20th overall and it would have been a reach to take him. The very next pick was a DE, followed by an OT, both positions of great need for the Bills.

What I'm saying is it's one thing to "reach" for a player of need when that guy is rated 15+ slots lower than your pick. It's another to "reach" one spot down to grab a highly rated player at a position of need.

Sorry but the guy the Jaguars picked was a 15+ slot reach. And Davis looks like another Mike Williams.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, it's been 10 years without a playoff appearance. The sky fell some time ago. And now a 70-year-old rookie GM has decided to all but eschew free agency in favor of building through the draft, and does so by drafting a part-time player (who will not start) at #9 overall. A player who plays at the strongest position the team has on offense (and 3rd strongest overall). Which is also the position with the shortest shelf-life in the NFL. And said GM also passed on comparably-rated players at 3 positions of both much greater need and much greater importance.

I think that criticism is pretty well justified at this point. Should a time come when the Bills make the playoffs, you're welcome to jump in with "I told you so" left and right. Until then, maybe lay off the complainers a bit. We're the ones whose comments match up with reality.

Your reality. Let's see what happens next.

Your reality. Let's see what happens next.

That's ridiculous, see what happens next? You mean we shouldn't judge off of 1 pick? I don't understand...

In fact I bet the SAME POSTERS were complaining oh wait strike that last sentence. In fact I bet it was the same COMPLAINERS last year that hated the Byrd pick, I bet they were sure about what a horrible pick that was.

Sorry but the guy the Jaguars picked was a 15+ slot reach. And Davis looks like another Mike Williams.

So in your mind the only feasible player here was Spiller, another RB, or a DB? Because my point is if a player at ANY OTHER POSITION was available and comparably ranked, they made a terrible choice.

So in your mind the only feasible player here was Spiller, another RB, or a DB? Because my point is if a player at ANY OTHER POSITION was available and comparably ranked, they made a terrible choice.

Given that they didn't take Davis, who would have been the most logical choice since he went 2 spots later and fills a need, I can only surmise that they didn't think he was as good a prospect as Spiller, and may have thought he was a bum. We won't know until he's been in the league for a few years.

The FO must think Spiller is a true difference maker,along the lines of Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson. Only time will tell if they are correct or not.

They inarguably weren't. There were endless reports that the Bills loved this guy before the draft. Most everything Nix and Gailey have said before the draft fits this guy (player, play-maker, four year starter, great citizen, etc). They didnt even bother waiting to see if a better trade offer to go down would come. There is zero chance that anyone on their board at any position was close to Spiller. He was probably in their 5-6 best overall, maybe even top three.

Given that they didn't take Davis, who would have been the most logical choice since he went 2 spots later and fills a need, I can only surmise that they didn't think he was as good a prospect as Spiller, and may have thought he was a bum. We won't know until he's been in the league for a few years.

Fair enough. I hope our FO isn't as !@#$ing stupid as this pick makes them look and they were right about Davis and Spiller.

Gets what? Do you know anything about Spiller?

PTR

For the record, I'm okay with the Spiller pick. I don't love it, but I get it. If they didn't pull that sh-- with Tebow then I wouldn't be in here complaining.

They inarguably weren't. There were endless reports that the Bills loved this guy before the draft. Most everything Nix and Gailey have said before the draft fits this guy (player, play-maker, four year starter, great citizen, etc). They didnt even bother waiting to see if a better trade offer to go down would come. There is zero chance that anyone on their board at any position was close to Spiller. He was probably in their 5-6 best overall, maybe even top three.

Clearly Spiller was highly rated on the FO's board. I'm not saying that. I'm saying this pick looks stupid as !@#$ given that a highly regarded player at a position of need was drafted only 2 spots lower. Again, I hope I'm wrong, but based on this pick, it looks like this FO is just as dumb as the last bunch of clowns we've had.

Gruden rated Spiller his top overall player in the draft. That might be overstating things, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

Fair enough. I hope our FO isn't as !@#$ing stupid as this pick makes them look and they were right about Davis and Spiller.

I was not a fan of Davis. He reminded me too much of Mike Williams.

Again, I hope I'm wrong, but based on this pick, it looks like this FO is just as dumb as the last bunch of clowns we've had.

If you think about it, this front office IS the last bunch of clowns we had...minus one passionless coach and a pro talent scout.

Clearly Spiller was highly rated on the FO's board. I'm not saying that. I'm saying this pick looks stupid as !@#$ given that a highly regarded player at a position of need was drafted only 2 spots lower. Again, I hope I'm wrong, but based on this pick, it looks like this FO is just as dumb as the last bunch of clowns we've had.

It can't look too stupid being that a lot of "experts" mock drafts had us taking Spiller also, and everyone on ESPN liked the pick(not that they're any kind of barometer), I just don't understand how we look stupid if everyone seems to like the pick...

It can't look too stupid being that a lot of "experts" mock drafts had us taking Spiller also, and everyone on ESPN liked the pick(not that they're any kind of barometer), I just don't understand how we look stupid if everyone seems to like the pick...

To be honest, I didn't see one mock draft having us take him. And, as I'm sure you're aware, I doubt anyone outside the D&C or Buff News knows a damn thing about our team. Really, I don't think they know what we need. It looks stupid to (some of) those who follow this team because we know how bad our needs are at other positions.

To be honest, I didn't see one mock draft having us take him. And, as I'm sure you're aware, I doubt anyone outside the D&C or Buff News knows a damn thing about our team. Really, I don't think they know what we need. It looks stupid to (some of) those who follow this team because we know how bad our needs are at other positions.

There have been several mocks that had Spiller to the Bills. Certainly more than Davis to the Bills (I can't say I've seen one). Davis just had too many red flags.

I've seen the highlights. He looks fast against college defenses. Let's see him against the AFC East. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong. But let's just say this: Odds are in my favor.

No, he looks fast because he IS fast. He is the fastest player in the AFC East at the moment. And I don't see that changing since there isn't anyone faster available left in the draft for some AFC East team to draft.

GO BILLS!!!

I can't say that I disagree with you but we have so many holes that we really could take any player other than DB and plug him in. RB may not have been the most pressing need but it is a need, Marshawn has been done here for a while, in fact he was absent at the voluntary workouts and seems to want out anyway and Fred Jackson is approaching 30. I can understand people wanting to draft a LT but why settle for the 3rd best LT who is something of a project when you can draft the best offensive talent there is, see we are conditioned as Bills fans to draft needs as opposed to BPA, that's not a way to build a successful team IMO.

Guest dog14787

I'm a little disappointed we didn't land Tebow somehow, but Spiller put a smile on my face :unsure:

I've seen the highlights. He looks fast against college defenses. Let's see him against the AFC East. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong. But let's just say this: Odds are in my favor.

Spiller ran a 4.32 which i believe is pretty fast against anyone