You take a RB at 9 when you have 2 1000 yarders on the roster and then try to trade up for Tim Tebow? This after a FA period that accomplished nothing? And also after hiring Chan Gailey for HC to face off against the likes of Sparano, Belichick and Ryan? I am, at best, underhwelmed.

Let's hope our "new" front office has some serious tricks up the sleeve for rounds 2-7.

Agreed.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt. And he starts his regime with a player that HE ADMITS will not play every down. Not a good feeling.

Best player available, top RB, ACC player of the year, 1st team all american, averaged 100 yards and 1 TD per game, true playmaker, fast, running threat, receiving threat, return threat, homerun threat, can contribute right away, high character guy, smart. This is a good feeling.

Of course he won't play every down, it's a two back league. He'll easily touch the ball 15 times a game. And do a lot with those touches.

Macungie---You were probably a guy who was excited last year when they brought in an over the hill TO. Thinking he was going to get us over the hump. A year later TO is gone. Spiller has much better upside than TO and you whine. I thought it was a good pick. A good RB can make a weaker line look better. Notice the difference between our two rbs last year. Now we either trade ML for some additional picks or ML is seriously concerned and picks up his game. Either way we're better than we were yesterday. Still a lot of players left to draft.

I've seen the highlights. He looks fast against college defenses. Let's see him against the AFC East. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong. But let's just say this: Odds are in my favor.

I may be wrong, but 4.37 speed is fast against ANY defense. Even NFL ones.

I gave them a pass on the Spiller pick but the attempt for Tebow really pissed me off. My fears about the front office not learning from past mistakes may be true. And a lot of the other guys they were targeting (or should have been targeting) came off the board while they were busy Gator hunting. :unsure:

Macungie---You were probably a guy who was excited last year when they brought in an over the hill TO. Thinking he was going to get us over the hump. A year later TO is gone. Spiller has much better upside than TO and you whine. I thought it was a good pick. A good RB can make a weaker line look better. Notice the difference between our two rbs last year. Now we either trade ML for some additional picks or ML is seriously concerned and picks up his game. Either way we're better than we were yesterday. Still a lot of players left to draft.

The problem with the TO situation is that the QB's stunk and couldn't get him the ball. But as I've been pointing-out, even despite the Bills' horrible O-line and offense, Jackson averaged a respectable 4.2 YPC (again not counting the Colts game). So it's not like Spiller won't be able to succeed.

I gave them a pass on the Spiller pick but the attempt for Tebow really pissed me off. My fears about the front office not learning from past mistakes may be true. And a lot of the other guys they were targeting (or should have been targeting) came off the board while they were busy Gator hunting. :unsure:

Sometimes you don't get who you wanted, and you end-up being better for it. In the 1990 draft, Jimmy Johnson would have taken Blair Thomas if he had the 1st overall, but didn't and "settled" for Emmitt Smith.

Guest dog14787
I may be wrong, but 4.37 speed is fast against ANY defense. Even NFL ones.

Oh he's fast alright, and runs allot like Bo Jackson in my opinion,

the guy see's daylight , he kicks it in to 5th gear and is gone.

No doubt. And he starts his regime with a player that HE ADMITS will not play every down. Not a good feeling.

You're right. The best way to turn the Bills around is to pass on true top ten talents for "meh" players who weren't even picked until the mid 20s. String together 3 or 4 drafts of panicky reaches and the Bills will undoubtedly become contenders right?

I've seen the highlights. He looks fast against college defenses. Let's see him against the AFC East. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong. But let's just say this: Odds are in my favor.

he ran a 4.27. He's fast

Best player available, top RB, ACC player of the year, 1st team all american, averaged 100 yards and 1 TD per game, true playmaker, fast, running threat, receiving threat, return threat, homerun threat, can contribute right away, high character guy, smart. This is a good feeling.

Of course he won't play every down, it's a two back league. He'll easily touch the ball 15 times a game. And do a lot with those touches.

20 touchdowns over 50 yards

FJ and Lynch have 6 carries over 40 yards between them in their careers.

No matter who they took at 9 that would be true. This is a bad team changing systems on both sides of the ball. Reaching for a player to fill a "need" for next year instead of taking BPA would be incredibly stupid.

It's one thing to reach for a player when you have 1-2 holes to fill, but the Bills need help EVERYWHERE except RB and DB. It's not like the next OT or LB was rated 20th overall and it would have been a reach to take him. The very next pick was a DE, followed by an OT, both positions of great need for the Bills.

What I'm saying is it's one thing to "reach" for a player of need when that guy is rated 15+ slots lower than your pick. It's another to "reach" one spot down to grab a highly rated player at a position of need.

So 1 out of 9 picks has been made and your not impressed? Whoa! What a revelation!

The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!

Dude, it's been 10 years without a playoff appearance. The sky fell some time ago. And now a 70-year-old rookie GM has decided to all but eschew free agency in favor of building through the draft, and does so by drafting a part-time player (who will not start) at #9 overall. A player who plays at the strongest position the team has on offense (and 3rd strongest overall). Which is also the position with the shortest shelf-life in the NFL. And said GM also passed on comparably-rated players at 3 positions of both much greater need and much greater importance.

I think that criticism is pretty well justified at this point. Should a time come when the Bills make the playoffs, you're welcome to jump in with "I told you so" left and right. Until then, maybe lay off the complainers a bit. We're the ones whose comments match up with reality.

Dude, it's been 10 years without a playoff appearance. The sky fell some time ago. And now a 70-year-old rookie GM has decided to all but eschew free agency in favor of building through the draft, and does so by drafting a part-time player (who will not start) at #9 overall. A player who plays at the strongest position the team has on offense (and 3rd strongest overall). Which is also the position with the shortest shelf-life in the NFL. And said GM also passed on comparably-rated players at 3 positions of both much greater need and much greater importance.

I think that criticism is pretty well justified at this point. Should a time come when the Bills make the playoffs, you're welcome to jump in with "I told you so" left and right. Until then, maybe lay off the complainers a bit. We're the ones whose comments match up with reality.

This guy gets it.

Lay off the complainers? LOL :unsure::censored:

I'm sorry complainers, feel better now? Now go ahead and complain some more, if that makes you feel any better... Lay off the complainers :wallbash::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which helps your argument how?