No doubt. And he starts his regime with a player that HE ADMITS will not play every down. Not a good feeling.

how many RBs play every down? The Vikings dont even play Adrian Peterson every down

Spiller can also catch passes just as good as any receiver and is just as dangerous returning kicks

he will get plenty of touches and make a lot of big plays something that has been sorely lacking in Buffalo for a long time

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You take a RB at 9 when you have 2 1000 yarders on the roster and then try to trade up for Tim Tebow? This after a FA period that accomplished nothing? And also after hiring Chan Gailey for HC to face off against the likes of Sparano, Belichick and Ryan? I am, at best, underhwelmed.

Let's hope our "new" front office has some serious tricks up the sleeve for rounds 2-7.

Drafting Spiller and then trying their darndest to get Tebow were both arrogant moves IMO.

I hope, like you, that rounds 2-7 fill some serious needs.

How do we know the Bills were really trying to move up to get Tebow?

I have been thinking about this all night! All of these so-called "experts" were saying that Buffalo wanted him. Well, maybe they did, maybe they didn't. These guys are not in the war room with the Bills front office! There are so many smokescreens out there and so much false information that they can pretty much say anything they want. I mean really....the Bills are going to call these guys and complain about not getting Tebow? Really? It is all speculation. They don 't know what the Bills are thinking. They probably saw that Kelly went out to dinner with him and they just assumed that the Bills wanted Tebow the most!

Look, some of these guys get good information about certain things, but I doubt the Bills are going to call them and tell them how frustrated they are because they didn't get a guy they wanted. It is all speculation.

Spiller ran a 4.32 which i believe is pretty fast against anyone

BINGO. Looking fast and being fast.........I don't care what way you want to look at it, but 4.32 speed is faster than 99% of the players in this league. In fact, we may now have one of the top 2-5 players in the NFL. And that is just speed. He has all the acceleration that you could ask for as well.

I still like the spillar pick. We can, and should use him as another WR more than a RB. This is probably the best weapon for trent, if we do get stuck with him at QB. Edwards checking down to this guy? he would be a beast and would help draw coverage from evans.

I think because we took spillar, WR isn't a very big need for us right now as it was before. I would have rather have traded down or maybe draft defense. I am kinda glad we didn't take dan williams. Especially if Cody or one of the others falls to us or into round 3. And it looks like we could still land a decent LT in round 2. if we load up on linemen for most of the draft, I think we will be in good shape. I would like a real OLB, but I would rather load up on DE/NT or olinement.

Also, I wouldn't mind taking Colt Mccoy in the 2nd if he is there. He was my favorite out of the QBs this draft.

I have to agree with Dan... We'll see what they do the rest of the draft, but this guy can double as an occasional receiver, could be explosive with screens, receptions out of the backfield, etc. He will be the "star" draw for season ticket holders like T.O. was last year...

I would have liked for the Bills to trade down and/or draft defense too, particularly after seeing teams like S.D./AJ Smith give up a lot to move up... We still have 8 picks to fill holes, and I think we all know you don't make or break a franchise based on your 1st round pick... Spiller was a game-changer in college... Picking up a couple of OTs in the later rounds could possibly do the trick on offense for the time being.. But I think expecting this new regime to turn around the past damage in one offseason is the product of a fast food nation...

I wasn't happy about the Chan Gailey signing, but I'm gonna give Nix an offseason or two to see what he can cook up... and Spiller could be lightning in a bottle if given a little time...

No doubt. And he starts his regime with a player that HE ADMITS will not play every down. Not a good feeling.

Pretty sure we get more excitement and production out of Spiller than we did out of Maybin last year---possibly in the first game.......

Now grab a QB and a LT. Then we can run formations with Evans and Hardy at WR with Spiller in the slot, put Lynch(if we keep him) at FB and Jackson at HB or pull Lynch and put Nelson in at TE, or maybe pull Hardy and put Roscoe in the slot and flank Spiller. Gailey is foaming at the mouth right now, we need to get him a QB.

Getting excited about checkdowns? It's sad how far we've fallen as a fanbase.

As opposed to JP Losman and Rob Johnson who couldn't check down when a #2 or #3 option was wide open..? No, they'd rather force it in to their #1 option who's double-covered by the opposing #1 CB and a S 30 yds downfield... causing an incompletion or INT. Passing underneath for 4-5 yd gains to a slot receiver, TE or RB helps an offense control the clock and keeps the defense rested.. It also expands options and schemes... Ask the multitude of teams that have won championships using a West Coast Offense...

At the combine he actually ran a 4.28 on his first 40, then a 4.27 on his second 40 attempt!! Only "Superjets" (Chris Johnson rana 4.24) has run a faster of the RBs recently.

If he's projected for 15 touches, his "speed" had better be good enough to account for 100 yards a game.

If he's projected for 15 touches, his "speed" had better be good enough to account for 100 yards a game.

I think we're going to steal an OT in the second that was often rated as a first rounder. I believe you'll be happier with this pick by the end of the draft . . . when we've prolly added three O Lineman

I think we're going to steal an OT in the second that was often rated as a first rounder. I believe you'll be happier with this pick by the end of the draft . . . when we've prolly added three O Lineman

We'll see what the geriatrics can pull out of the bag of tricks. Until I see it manifested, no point in getting all excited.

Oh, and how durable is this guy? Hope he can stand up to a beating.

Let's see...

-Fifty of his rushing attempts were gains of at least 10 yards, including 31 runs that amassed 20 yards or longer.

-His total of eight kicks returned for touchdowns (seven kickoffs, one punt) tied the NCAA all-time record.

-He is one of only seven players in conference annals to gain over 2,000 yards via kickoff returns, totaling 2,052 yards.

-He is one of just two players in Clemson history to account for a touchdown five different ways (punt return, kickoff return, reception, rush, and touchdown pass).

-He had 21 career touchdowns of 50 yards or more; more than Tim Brown, Rocket Ismail, or Bush, similar types of players, had in their careers.

-The ACC's active scoring leader with 308 points, he is just the 16th player in conference history to score over 300 points in a career, ranking second on Clemson's all-time record chart.

-By the time he ended his Clemson career, Spiller set 31 school records in various categories, including the record for all-purpose yards and returns for touchdowns. He joined Southern California's Reggie Bush as the only players in college football history with 3,000 rushing yards, 1,500 kickoff-return yards, 1,000 receiving yards, and 500 punt-return yards.

-The senior tailback set the conference and school career-records with 7,558 all-purpose yards, the second-best total in NCAA annals.

-When he averaged 191.43 all-purpose yards per game in 2009, he broke an ACC record that was first set in 1968.

-Rated the best player in the state of Florida, the nation's top running back and the eighth-best overall prospect by Rivals.com during his senior year at Union County High School, Spiller had 541 carries for 5,511 yards (10.2 yards per carry) during his career, scoring 93 times (85 on the ground, three receiving one three more on kickoff returns).

There's more if you'd like me to go on... Or you can check the link yourself...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1127382

100 total yds a game..? Yeah, I think he can pull that off... and if we add a solid OT or two with our eight remaining picks, his game average should be even better...