Things I don't want to hear from Buddy

"He's a football player"

Thanks Buddy. That's nice to know but the real translation is that he lacks talent but he likes the game. It would be nice to get someone who both likes to play the game and also has talent.

"He's versatile."

Once again ok. Better lucky than good sometimes with Wood at center, Byrd and CB, and Levitre at tackle, but I might suggest getting someone who can specialize. Translation is that he is pretty good at the position that we drafted him in but we'd rather have guys who are average at two positions that spectacular at one.

"He's good at the point of attack"

This is actually a good thing, but there truly is nothing in football that does not relate to 'point of attack'. Translation is that he should be better than the guy he is hitting when he hits him. OK, we'll see.

"He is the guy we were targeting"

Translation is that I don't want to admit that the real guy we wanted was off the board but this guy is someone that was on our board also. I didn't always get what I wanted for Christmas (the Santa at the Roycroft never came through compared to the Santa at the Galleria) and I don't expect you to get all of the guys you are targeting. I'm a big boy Buddy.

I actually like the guy but some of those sayings don't need to be said. There will be enough videos on youtube and other sites to provide most football fans with enough stuff to come up with their own conclusions.

oh i dont think we have to worry about ESPN showing the Bills war room... they will be to busy covering Shanny in Washington or some other big market team... we will be lucky if those a$$h*!es even spend 5 min. covering our 1st pick <_<

oh i dont think we have to worry about ESPN showing the Bills war room... they will be to busy covering Shanny in Washington or some other big market team... we will be lucky if those a$$h*!es even spend 5 min. covering our 1st pick <_<

i think picking behind the raiders should assure no one is thinking about buffalo

"He's a football player"

Thanks Buddy. That's nice to know but the real translation is that he lacks talent but he likes the game. It would be nice to get someone who both likes to play the game and also has talent.

"He's versatile."

Once again ok. Better lucky than good sometimes with Wood at center, Byrd and CB, and Levitre at tackle, but I might suggest getting someone who can specialize. Translation is that he is pretty good at the position that we drafted him in but we'd rather have guys who are average at two positions that spectacular at one.

"He's good at the point of attack"

This is actually a good thing, but there truly is nothing in football that does not relate to 'point of attack'. Translation is that he should be better than the guy he is hitting when he hits him. OK, we'll see.

"He is the guy we were targeting"

Translation is that I don't want to admit that the real guy we wanted was off the board but this guy is someone that was on our board also. I didn't always get what I wanted for Christmas (the Santa at the Roycroft never came through compared to the Santa at the Galleria) and I don't expect you to get all of the guys you are targeting. I'm a big boy Buddy.

I actually like the guy but some of those sayings don't need to be said. There will be enough videos on youtube and other sites to provide most football fans with enough stuff to come up with their own conclusions.

Boy, you're right. I don't want him to say "I think he'll make the team better" or "I think this is a step in the right direction," or anything like that. I just want him to say the Bills suck, he's an !@#$, that we just drafted some pos to go with all the other pos's we have, and that why try, and then just say !@#$ it and quit right there.

What do you want him to say, exactly?

Oh, I believe they will spend LOTS of time on our first pick, especially when it's Tim Tebow! ;)

Yeah, I honestly have absolutely no memory of ESPN EVER being in the Bills war room.

I'm more worried about ESPN switching to the Bills War Room camera and seeing Nix asleep in his chair and Russ Brandon assuming control with a frantic look on his face.

more like espn going to commercial when the bills pick - and that's a worry with some history

Clichés I don't want to hear:

"He's got all the tools." What tools? Black and Decker?, Ryobi?, John Deere?... what? We're playing football, not building a tree house.

"He's a high motor guy" Translation: He runs around like a caffeinated squirrel, and occasionally falls into an opposing player.

"He comes to play" This one always leaves me scratching my head. Ummm, that's his job. Glad we didn't draft the guy who 'came to watch'. (that's MY job by the way)

"He's a high character guy" I should not make light of this one but I can't help it. I know a lot of 'high character' guys. As best I can tell, they're mostly about 5'10" and anywhere from 150 to 250 lbs. Great guys. Guys you want dating your sister. But I've played ball with these guys. They suck.

What did I miss?

"We wanted us a guy who get er done in high school, got er done in college. We told you from da get go, we weren't lookin fer one year wonders. This guy won two national championships. won a heisman trophy and might be the best college football player in the history of the sport. If that resume doesn't get you excited, I don't know what will. It got us excited. Which is obvious, since we traded every pick we have, and our first round picks in 2011 and 2012 to move up to the first spot to take em."