Why we want CLAUSEN!!

Every year I try to predict the Bills pick, I base my thoughts mainly on who I want to see, but looking at it with our needs as well. In the last 10 years I have only been right once. That was Lee Evans, and the only reason I chose him was a column written by Larry Felser on why the Bills will select Lee. Larry was not given much credit but he had a great knowledge of the game. This year I am picking Jimmy Clausen and I hope this is my second time right. I may be a little bias due to being a big Notre Dame fan but I actually despised Clausen his freshmen season and the first half of his sophomore season. Then he grew on me. This kid improved every single game, every year. He had an amazing senior season (28tds and 4ints in a pro style offense) and has great upside. Looking at Tebow, he digressed his senior season and his best year was his sophomore and junior season having Percy Harvin as a receiver. McCoy has potential but it may be 3 years or more until he reaches his potential. If the Bills want to be more competitive now and not in three years the pick is Clausen. I hope I am right because he is only pick who will make me renew my season tickets. Let me know your thoughts.

Every year I try to predict the Bills pick, I base my thoughts mainly on who I want to see, but looking at it with our needs as well. In the last 10 years I have only been right once. That was Lee Evans, and the only reason I chose him was a column written by Larry Felser on why the Bills will select Lee. Larry was not given much credit but he had a great knowledge of the game. This year I am picking Jimmy Clausen and I hope this is my second time right. I may be a little bias due to being a big Notre Dame fan but I actually despised Clausen his freshmen season and the first half of his sophomore season. Then he grew on me. This kid improved every single game, every year. He had an amazing senior season (28tds and 4ints in a pro style offense) and has great upside. Looking at Tebow, he digressed his senior season and his best year was his sophomore and junior season having Percy Harvin as a receiver. McCoy has potential but it may be 3 years or more until he reaches his potential. If the Bills want to be more competitive now and not in three years the pick is Clausen. I hope I am right because he is only pick who will make me renew my season tickets. Let me know your thoughts.

I hope you are being sarcastic in that 2nd last sentence, otherwise I can't figure out why you renewed your season tickets in the years after Evans was drafted.

We do not need a Ryan Leaf on our team... let him take his poor work ethic and questionable leadership somewhere else!

what poor work ethic? that part is not true. He's improved every year consistently. I also don't believe he's a poor leader. A bit immature, probably.

I think Clausen is just a very unlikable dude. the weird-shaped head and ND thing. I dont like ND, but have come around to the idea of having Clausen on the bills.

what poor work ethic? that part is not true. He's improved every year consistently. I also don't believe he's a poor leader. A bit immature, probably.

I think Clausen is just a very unlikable dude. the weird-shaped head and ND thing. I dont like ND, but have come around to the idea of having Clausen on the bills.

http://ballhype.com/article/2010-nfl-draft...day-a-top-five/

THIS. I'm glad someone else agrees with me... and I sure hope that we can get a guy like Tebow or McCoy- someone who not only acts like but genuinely has the desire to win that burns deep, someone who wants to be successful badly. I think Clausen is more like a spoiled child than an NFL QB, and I won't budge from that stance.

GO BILLS!

If we draft Clausen....

TACTICAL NUKE IMMINENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Call of Duty MW fans will understand)

We do not need a Ryan Leaf on our team... let him take his poor work ethic and questionable leadership somewhere else!

I think XBox Live has fried your brain. :thumbsup:

http://ballhype.com/article/2010-nfl-draft...day-a-top-five/

THIS. I'm glad someone else agrees with me... and I sure hope that we can get a guy like Tebow or McCoy- someone who not only acts like but genuinely has the desire to win that burns deep, someone who wants to be successful badly. I think Clausen is more like a spoiled child than an NFL QB, and I won't budge from that stance.

GO BILLS!

He is also from California and we know how well that has done us in the past.... :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!

I dont think you can question his desire to win. the guy spent an entire summer w/ his receivers practicing on their own.

I watched him stay in the game thru some losses, almost coming back. he's competitive.

What you can question is why he does indeed look like Beaker from the muppets. Where was his mother 9 months before his birth? on a muppets set?

"Jimmy, your real father is Beaker..."

Historicaly, I have been terrible at predicting QBs.

I thought Leaf was better than Manning.

I thought Johnson was better than Flutie.

I even wanted JP over Trent.

I looked for the physical tools and ignored success.

I do not want Clausen because he had a losing record at ND.

His teams acheived nothing and his coach was fired.

Not all of this was his fault, but he did not do enough to lift the play of those around him.

Give me Colt 'I've won more college football games than any other qb' McCoy or Tim 'I won 2 national championships despite throwing like a bar league softball player' Tebow.