Big Ben gets 6 game suspension, w/possible reduction to 4

bluenews

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

what's good behavior? Not raping anyone for the next three months?

Good one. Turning serious, I'm guessing the "conditional" part includes evaluation and treatment (including counseling) in the substance-abuse program.

If that's it, then it's a joke. It's, in effect, a two-game suspension.

I have a feeling that if the Steelers don't trade him, they're going to come out with a punishment along the lines of X additional games suspended above what the NFL ultimately does.

Not two games. The reports are that it will be an NFL suspension of six games that could be reduced by two games down to four.

Good call (close) on the 6 games bit. I hope you are right about the bolded.

As I said, I wouldn't have put money on it without knowing the original source, but I do trust my friend. And once I started hearing "conditional" -- see: Vick -- I'm thinking that counseling/rehab/etc. has to be in there somewhere.

That's harsh. 4-6 games is a lot of money.

And the only thing the woman has to deal with is a lifetime of fear and memories of violation. That's not money. Poor Ben.

Nothing makes up for losing money. I hope he gets counseling to help him deal with his loss.

I admit this is far more extreme that I would have guessed. Particularly when originally I thought since there was no arrest for lack of evidence he wouldn't be punished at all.

It makes me wonder though, if he had say been in a bar fight or accused of something other than rape, would Sir Roger have given this big of a suspension? Particularly considering that to my knowledge BR has never been suspended before. Rape is such that even a accusation can bring about strong feelings and reactions from people (obviously, just read the various threads here).

I admit this is far more extreme that I would have guessed. Particularly when originally I thought since there was no arrest for lack of evidence he wouldn't be punished at all.

It makes me wonder though, if he had say been in a bar fight or accused of something other than rape, would Sir Roger have given this big of a suspension? Particularly considering that to my knowledge BR has never been suspended before. Rape is such that even a accusation can bring about strong feelings and reactions from people (obviously, just read the various threads here).

It seems that his attitude towards it has played a role.

I saw this flying around Twitter: Note that the Steelers have five games that will be on national TV, but not one in the first six weeks. The first actually is in Week Eight.

Well, this explains the delay in getting the schedule out.. :devil: