Dez Bryant

major

I wouldn't be shocked if our Bills selected Dez Bryant, WR from OK State, in the first round. One of our holes is at WR. I just wondered if you would be pissed if we got him. The only way I could see us getting him is if we move down from our #9 spot and obtain more picks.

I wouldn't be shocked if our Bills selected Dez Bryant, WR from OK State, in the first round. One of our holes is at WR. I just wondered if you would be pissed if we got him. The only way I could see us getting him is if we move down from our #9 spot and obtain more picks.

I gave my brother 2:1 odds he would not be our pick at 9. He seems to think it will be him, and not that the Bills should be thought of as a team that wouldn't do this, but it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to go WR at #9...

I'd be heated if he or Demaryius Thomas was our pick.

I'd be heated if he or Demaryius Thomas was our pick.

Seconded...I would hate it with either Bryant or Thomas being the pick.

If we reaaaaaalllyyy want to go with a Georgia Tech player at #9, at least get Derrick Morgan and fill an immediate need with the BPA.

I would rather have guys like Iupati, M. Pouncy, B. Spikes....

Seconded...I would hate it with either Bryant or Thomas being the pick.

If we reaaaaaalllyyy want to go with a Georgia Tech player at #9, at least get Derrick Morgan and fill an immediate need with the BPA.

I'll third that. Too many other holes to fill first.

I would, but only because of his off-field issues. I'd rather they pick a WR at that spot than a RB or DB. Heck, they've arguably been the worst passing team in the NFL since 2003. Any step they can take to correct that is a welcome one to me and the truth is, they need a starting WR and a playmaker on offense. They aren't going to win squat throwing the ball for 175 yards a game and scoring 15 points like they have for the last several years. I think they'd be better off waiting until the 2nd or 3rd round, which is where I expect them to select a WR, but I wouldn't be overly upset if they do it sometime in R1.

The sad thing is, the Bills' receiving corps is so bad that it'd make sense. Mark my words - Hardy isn't going to be any good. He's not fluid and way too stiff, and he doesn't have the footspeed to cover for that basic flaw. He's very easy to cover. I won't be surprised if he's off the Bills by 2011-12. Bryant would be a real upgrade.

I'm not advocating picking him, however. I'm just pointing out how bad the roster is.

I'm not advocating picking him, however. I'm just pointing out how bad the roster is.

Agreed. I'd rather they go a different direction in R1, but I've been saying it for the last several years now: this Bills WR corps sucks big time. I even thought they might consider using their latter 1st rounder or their 2nd on a WR a year ago. Obviously, that didn't happen.

Lee Evans is a good football player, probably not #13 overall good, but a quality starter. Otherwise, they don't have squat. I share the same opinion of Hardy, and while I don't dislike Steve Johnson, he's not a guy I would trust just handing that job. Roscoe? Pfft. They need quality competition for that #2 WR spot. What they don't need to do is burn a later round pick at that spot and just add to the mediocrity.