Second Round Options

Virgil

While there continues to be speculation around our first round pick, I find myself more intrigued by who we will take in the second. I think that we will be fine with our first pick and praying for Cam Thomas In the third. So, for all the draft mock guru's out there, what are the best options expected to be out there for us at OT?

Overall, even if its a reach in the first, I'd be okay with McClain in the first, OT in the second, and Cam Thomas in the third....I think we'd be pretty set on the Defensive side and could focus the rest of the draft on the offensive weapons, the scat back, wr, dilfer-like qb, etc

While there continues to be speculation around our first round pick, I find myself more intrigued by who we will take in the second. I think that we will be fine with our first pick and praying for Cam Thomas In the third. So, for all the draft mock guru's out there, what are the best options expected to be out there for us at OT?

Overall, even if its a reach in the first, I'd be okay with McClain in the first, OT in the second, and Cam Thomas in the third....I think we'd be pretty set on the Defensive side and could focus the rest of the draft on the offensive weapons, the scat back, wr, dilfer-like qb, etc

A kid I'd keep my eye on is OT Jared Veldheer, bet this kid will go in the 2nd, probably mid to late but he's a great small school LT prospect

I think the Chargers take Cody @ #28. I think we're more likey to get our OT in the 2nd, likely Saffold. If they hold off till the 3rd to take an OT it's because we didn't draft Clausen with the #9 and take our QB in the 2nd, whether it be Tebow or McCoy.

I think the OT options are really going to be gone by pick 41 and they'd be looking at a 3rd or 4th round caliber player at OT if they were to force a pick there. Somebody like Charles Brown would be simply a bad pick at that spot. (I don't think Saffold will be available and I don't think Ducasse is really an OT, especially not a LT).

I don't really like any of the QB options after Bradford and Clausen - and I don't much like Clausen, either. I really think

taking a QB in the 2nd or 3rd will just be adding yet another backup quality QB to the roster. I admit that I like Colt McCoy's attitude, effort, leadership and dedication, but I think his arm-strength says NFL backup. I like the same things

about Tebow, but I think he is such a project that I'd be very reluctant to take him at 41. You can flat have any of the

other QBs in the draft - I don't want them in any round, the Bills already have enough backups.

NT is another problem area that looks to be a problem to fill in round 2. Cam Thomas, Linval Joseph, Torell Troup and

the lot are more 3rd round guys from what I've read, but they will likely go a round earlier than they should due to the

need for NTs in the NFL.

I am afraid that the best ploy for this year is to mostly ignore need and take the best player available in each round with need being only a minor consideration when choosing between players of nearly equal ratings. The only caveat there is that I would not take a DB or TE regardless of rating.

Just my $.02 worth...

I think the bills should draft with one of their 7th rounders, Brandon Crawford a DE from Ball St. The thing is he's 33 years old becuase he spent 4 years in the Marine Corps. I mean what 7th rounder will be a stud? so give him a chance :thumbdown:

I agree.. this kid seems to be a really good sleeper pick for NT. I wouldn't mind adding him at 41

1st of all...nobody is a sleeper pick at 41. A sleeper is at 214. 2nd. How in thee hell do you guys know anything about Torrell Troupe or Cam Thomas?