I think Dan Williams HAS to be the pick.

I don't think either Williams or Okung will make it that far and Bulaga is a RT. I warmed up to the idea of Spiller and wouldn't mind that pick but the 34 NEEDS a NT and if you want a good 34 defense you need a good NT. I'm not saying Williams will be great but he and Cody are probably the best at that spot and I doubt Cody falls to the 2nd. IDK how I feel about that yet, right now it's giving me that ehhh feeling. I however would be thrilled if we traded down and grabbed him or Cody.

I don't think either Williams or Okung will make it that far and Bulaga is a RT. I warmed up to the idea of Spiller and wouldn't mind that pick but the 34 NEEDS a NT and if you want a good 34 defense you need a good NT. I'm not saying Williams will be great but he and Cody are probably the best at that spot and I doubt Cody falls to the 2nd. IDK how I feel about that yet, right now it's giving me that ehhh feeling. I however would be thrilled if we traded down and grabbed him or Cody.

My thoughts exactly. Unless someone the Bills love falls to them at 9 I think the Bills are going to try and trade down, and if they can't find a partner they will go with Dan Williams - let's just hope he's not related to Mike....

I share your opinion of Bulaga and would also like to trade down for Cody, but I just don't think we'll find a trade partner. Some team wanting Spiller seems like the only outside chance at a trade down scenario. The general consensus is that this draft class is deep, but not top-heavy in terms of talent. The best value will be in the bottom half of round one, and then continue into round two (as is often the case).

The Bills will just have to stick at nine and select the best player available at a need position. It could very well be Dan Williams. If I had to guess, Derrick Morgan would be the other possibility. OLB isn't as big a need as NT, but I believe Morgan to be the better player and best player that will be available besides Spiller.

I share your opinion of Bulaga and would also like to trade down for Cody, but I just don't think we'll find a trade partner. Some team wanting Spiller seems like the only outside chance at a trade down scenario. The general consensus is that this draft class is deep, but not top-heavy in terms of talent. The best value will be in the bottom half of round one, and then continue into round two (as is often the case).

The Bills will just have to stick at nine and select the best player available at a need position. It could very well be Dan Williams. If I had to guess, Derrick Morgan would be the other possibility. OLB isn't as big a need as NT, but I believe Morgan to be the better player and best player that will be available besides Spiller.

My problem with Morgan though is that he really seems to be a 43 DE more then anything and he may be more of a project then say a Dan Williams. We can't afford anymore first round projects, we need someone to hit the ground running. Spiller/Cody/Williams/Graham seem to fit in that catagory of those who should still be there. I really would be happy with any of these picks but I think only Williams and Spiller maybe even Graham give you value at 9.

Dan Williams would be an excellent pick if Clausen and the top tackles are not available. I hope the Bills trade down because they have so many holes to fill, and I think there is a lot of value later in the first round. Plus, the Bills have a lot holes to fill. If Clausen is available, they are foolish not to draft him. They need a franchise quarterback. The other positions are a lot easier to fill.

I'd rather have Cody than Williams and he can be had later. Trade back if this is the plan and take a true NT who played NT in college under the one of the best teachers of that defense in the college game.

I think Dan Williams would be a horrible pick at 9. The only place I see him rated as a top 15ish pick is Pro Football Weekly (who I respect), but most others have him as a late 1st - or later pick.

1. Williams has not even played NT in college.

2. He did not stand out prior to his senior year - red flag.

3. He has his weight under control now, but he has had signicant weight problems

in the past.

4. For as big as he is, he doesn't bench much and he reportedly gets pushed off the

line a lot because he doesn't play with leverage.

I would see Dan Williams as a Donte Whitner type pick that high. Maybe he is an OK

player, but not what you want in a top-10 pick. (all IMHO).

Kyle Williams is their NT. There is no reason Kyle can't be succesful. He has been a starting NT at a high level for 4 years. He has the build, short/stout, and motor that you look for. I'm sure the argument will be that he is not a 2 gap player, however I have yet to see that they will be running a 2 gap system.

The major issues with the defense last year was the amount of time they were on the field. They need oline and offensive playmakers. If the tackles are gone draft Clausen or Spiller.

Kyle Williams is their NT. There is no reason Kyle can't be succesful. He has been a starting NT at a high level for 4 years. He has the build, short/stout, and motor that you look for. I'm sure the argument will be that he is not a 2 gap player, however I have yet to see that they will be running a 2 gap system.

The major issues with the defense last year was the amount of time they were on the field. They need oline and offensive playmakers. If the tackles are gone draft Clausen or Spiller.

I thought I read he was going to be an end in the new scheme.

I dont think Dan WIlliams is very good. So taking him in the top 10 is a very very bad move. He was totally destroyed by a single blocker vrs Bama, so if he is that good we should REALLY draft that Bama Gaurd!

Kyle Williams has not been a starting Nose tackle for 4 years. he's been a starting UT or Under Tackle in our previous scheme. His duties in the previous scheme's where to shoot the gap between the Guard and Center, and cause havoc in the backfield. In our new scheme he'll be asked to control 2 gaps, and take on a guard and the Center, and hold the point of attack. And he is gonna have a hard time doing that due to his relatively small size(for an nfl DT) and his short arm length. So while Williams can contribute to an NFL 3-4 defense, he's simply not a 2 down NT.

Kyle Williams has not been a starting Nose tackle for 4 years. he's been a starting UT or Under Tackle in our previous scheme. His duties in the previous scheme's where to shoot the gap between the Guard and Center, and cause havoc in the backfield. In our new scheme he'll be asked to control 2 gaps, and take on a guard and the Center, and hold the point of attack. And he is gonna have a hard time doing that due to his relatively small size(for an nfl DT) and his short arm length. So while Williams can contribute to an NFL 3-4 defense, he's simply not a 2 down NT.

UT or NT whichever you call it lines up in a shade or 1 tech in a 4-3. Why is it a certainty that our new scheme is a 2 gap scheme? Can he not be asked to control only 1 gap lining on the center therefore playing to his strengths as the coaching staff has said it will do? Is it impossible to run a 1 gap 3-4?

Why is it a certainty that our new scheme is a 2 gap scheme? Can he not be asked to control only 1 gap?

Admittedly its not a certainty yet, however it seems likely IMO considering most 3-4 teams run the 2 gap. However even in a 1 gap system Williams forte is penetration, not holding the POA. I do like his chances of success better in a 1 gap scheme however.

UT or NT whichever you call it lines up in a shade or 1 tech in a 4-3. Why is it a certainty that our new scheme is a 2 gap scheme? Can he not be asked to control only 1 gap lining on the center therefore playing to his strengths as the coaching staff has said it will do? Is it impossible to run a 1 gap 3-4?

See above response.

I dont think Dan WIlliams is very good. So taking him in the top 10 is a very very bad move. He was totally destroyed by a single blocker vrs Bama, so if he is that good we should REALLY draft that Bama Gaurd!

Thank You! I really didn't agree with a lot of the other posts about Dan Williams being so great of a pick! I have Dan Williams projected more in the 15-20 range for the 1st round. I think the Bills should try hard to land Clausen...even if it means moving up to the 5th or 7th pick of the draft. I think 5th ensures Clausen though...Still some risk at #7, and I don't think he'll last until #9. I believe that QB's are at a premium and Clausen is as NFL ready as any QB in the draft. If Clausen isn't there and we don't trade up then I think you have to hope for a OLT falls to you. I think that OLT & QB is

the two positions of need. Sure, we need a NT as well, and a WR seems to be overlooked in many of the Bills Mocks, but it seems like one of their greatest needs now that T.O. and J. Reed are gone. Hardy has been injured and hasn't proved

his worth in the NFL. Steve Johnson had a few moments in spot duty but is not very established either. I think you have to look at a WR in the 3rd or 4th round. I think that the Bills like Trent Williams a lot as he is the most versatile OT in this draft. I think it's a 50/50 roll of the dice rather he will be available or not. I'd like to see the Bills move back into the 1st round after Selecting a OT at #9, and picking up Clausen somewhere between #10-15, but like I said I doubt Clausen

will be there. I really like Derrick Morgan as a player as well...and C. Spiller too...but we have greater needs to fill and

I don't think this is the draft for the Bills to pick the best available player on the board. I just don't buy into that opinion

that the Bills have stated about the best available player..and they are not going to reach. It sounds good...logical as well..but with all the glaring holes they have I can't see them drafting a CB for instance with the #9 pick. Many say that

Joe Haden will go at #7 etc....I just can't see the Bills sticking with that philosophy! I don't know who, but I think the

Bills will land one of the following players unless they move up or down in the draft:

Jimmy Clausen QB

Trent Williams OT

Bryan Bulaga OT

C. Spiller (even though I don't think they should)....

Anthony Davis OT....another player I'd prefer they don't select so high.

Russel Okung OT...(ONLY if they move up in the draft)....

That's about all the options I think they are strongly considering dependent on who will be available at #9.

How do you, sitting on your laptop watching the Flyers-Devils game, know that Bulaga is a RT? Where does this stuff come from?

Although not built for NT, I wouldn't bet against that guy. He's got a lot of "want to".