Bills told Charles Brown: "We Need a rookie LT who can come in an

Look, this isn't earth shattering news on the surface, but it does kind of debunk the garbage Nix spewed last week about how they probably have more faith in D-Bell than the media does. If they're telling rookies that they need a guy to come in and start, then they are obviously taking a tackle early. At the very least, tell the rookie you need a tackle to come in and compete for a job.

Again, not earth shattering news, but it also might point to Best Available tackle at 9.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/USC-of...s-Brown-QA.html

What did the Bills tell you?

Brown: "They said they needed a left tackle to come in who can start."

If they're telling rookies that they need a guy to come in and start, then they are obviously taking a tackle early. At the very least, tell the rookie you need a tackle to come in and compete for a job.

Obviously, I think most all of us agree that they're in the market for a LT, but I'd be careful putting too much stock into something like this. The Bills aren't going to tell these guys anything that they don't want repeated.

Is there a link for it? It just seems like it is being taken out of context. Nix did say that there are 2 LTs that he would take with the 9th pick, and only 2. And they were 2 that would be able to contribute immediatly and make a big impact, and that is what you would expect from a player taken in that spot.

I don't think nix said LT wasn't a need. He just said he wasn't going to fill a need with a player that couldn't fill it or pass on the best player available just to fill a need. He said there wouldn't be any reaches.

Look, this isn't earth shattering news on the surface, but it does kind of debunk the garbage Nix spewed last week about how they probably have more faith in D-Bell than the media does. If they're telling rookies that they need a guy to come in and start, then they are obviously taking a tackle early. At the very least, tell the rookie you need a tackle to come in and compete for a job.

Again, not earth shattering news, but it also might point to Best Available tackle at 9.

an actual informational blog post! well done dude. nice to see the Bills tell the kid that we need a LT to come in and start. if we draft him, it will be with the 9th pick in Rd 2 - if he is still there. he'd be a nice Rd 2 complimentary pick if we go Clausen in Rd 1.

NICE POST. :rolleyes:

I don't recall any article that said there were 2 and only 2.

That was the draft luncheon where Nix said "For example, if there are only 2 left tackles we like, and they're both gone, we're not going to take a left tackle just because it's a need."

People are reading into his hypothetical a little too much.

They're looking for someone at the #9 pick who can start from day one. Buddy Nix said so himself in the draft luncheon. If Charles Brown cannot start from day one at LT, then he won't be picked at #9 if he's available.

This doesn't mean they are definitely picking LT. They have way too many holes to be married to a specific position at #9. They're picking best player available who can start day one at #9. If they pick Clausen at #9 (I hope they do), then plan on Clausen starting on day one.

They're looking for someone at the #9 pick who can start from day one. Buddy Nix said so himself in the draft luncheon. If Charles Brown cannot start from day one at LT, then he won't be picked at #9 if he's available.

This doesn't mean they are definitely picking LT. They have way too many holes to be married to a specific position at #9. They're picking best player available who can start day one at #9. If they pick Clausen at #9 (I hope they do), then plan on Clausen starting on day one.

I don't think this means they are picking a LT at 9 for sure, but it clearly debunks what Nix said last week about having a lot of faith in Demetrius Bell.

That was the draft luncheon where Nix said "For example, if there are only 2 left tackles we like, and they're both gone, we're not going to take a left tackle just because it's a need."

People are reading into his hypothetical a little too much.

Especially if they take a tackle like Brown, who has been in a pro set, using pro protection schemes and has gotten better and stronger every year.

I like Brown a lot -quite a bit more than Anthony Davis, actually. I could live with him at #9. That would be one of those situations where you drafted a guy maybe 5-10 picks too early, but doesn't ultimately matter as long as he's a good player.

If we draft another friggin project with our first pick I'll be pissed.

Agreed.

And would add, please don't draft someone in the first that you are going to switch to a different position. Way too much of that around here the last few years!

What did the Bills tell you?

Brown: "They said they needed a left tackle to come in who can start."

The quote can be intrepretted as the Bills are taking Dan Williams or if there is any truth in the statement at all then it is Buluga is a RT.

Especially if they take a tackle like Brown, who has been in a pro set, using pro protection schemes and has gotten better and stronger every year but likely still needs a full year of weight training to get strong enough to play in the NFL.

Fixed.

Demetrius Bell 2.0--not a bad thing, per se, but unlikely to start from day-1.