I Want OL, But Bills Will Sell Jerseys

symbiant

They don't need a face for the franchise. They need to start winning. And to do that, they need a quarterback.

It's the way Bill Polian has always done it, it's the way to build a winning team, whatever you happen to prefer. Polian, at every stop, has followed the Golden Rule of the Draft ... NEVER pass on a franchise quarterback unless you already have one on the team.

With the Bills, they had Kelly, so he was able to skip that.

With the Panthers, they didn't have a QB, and Polian's first draft pick in the first round was a QB.

With the Colts, fhey didn't have a QB, and Polian's first draft pick in the first round was a QB.

It's the highest percentage way of building a winning franchise.

does that mean clausen?

If they take Clausen, every numbnut on both sides of the border will buy season tickets and THAT is exactly what I'm afraid of.

Smithers knows this and Ralph knows this, so what chance do Buddy and Chan have, even if they think Clausen will fail?

I was thinking about this the other night. Obviously, my concern, as a fan, isn't about selling tickets. My concern is, intrigue for the season.

In the NFL, you always need SOMETHING to pull you in. Whether it's your team is good enough to compete ( which 80% of the teams are, unfortunately, I don't think the Bills are right now) or something is building for the future.

This team right now just lacks any pull. Can you really get excited about watching 16 more games of Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick?If you draft Clausen, or ( for the Tebow lovers) Tebow, you at least NOW have the guy on your roster whom you can start to build around. You know where your team is going. There is a reason why Lions fans are optimistic heading into this season. It's because they have a young QB they feel good about.

I think Buffalo just needs to inject life into it's franchise and take a top Qb.

And I hate to say it because it goes against everything I ever thought I believed in, but Tony Pike in round 2 after drafting a tackle won't cut it. The Bills need a name. A Clausen, a Tebow or even a McCoy. They need a guy fans can get excited about.

I agree with you 180%. Hopefully, we pick up Tebow with our first pick. The guys Jersey will sell instantly. People love him and hes a proven winner.

15 years ago, we couldn't decide which jersey to wear:

Smith, Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Tasker, Talley

Now, I mean seriously... which jersey would you WANT to wear?

I don't think drafting Bulaga and Cody would help change that much.

This, with the proliferation of RBBC, I'm pretty confident the Bills are going for Spiller or a QB round 1/2.

Sadly, I think our best compromise is getting an OL in round 1 and taking Tebow in 2... if we're lucky.

Bottom line: They will draft a ticket draw early... because its much harder to get those guys later.

15 years ago, we couldn't decide which jersey to wear:

Smith, Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Tasker, Talley

Now, I mean seriously... which jersey would you WANT to wear?

I don't think drafting Bulaga and Cody would help change that much.

This, with the proliferation of RBBC, I'm pretty confident the Bills are going for Spiller or a QB round 1/2.

Sadly, I think our best compromise is getting an OL in round 1 and taking Tebow in 2... if we're lucky.

Bottom line: They will draft a ticket draw early... because its much harder to get those guys later.

Cody would be huge......In more than 1 way<------- Awful attempt at humor :rolleyes::doh:

I'm still clutching my Lee Evans jersey... but the sad fact is that a lot of fans don't get that the battle is won in the trenches... they just want the big names like Aikman, Emmitt, Jerry Rice, etc.

Heck TO came in here and probably made a huge splash with jerseys.

Football is still a business and a product... and as much as I'd love to go all line.... i really don't see it happening.

They will draft the poster child for the bills in round 1-2. It won't be something unsexy like two lineman

They did it last year with Wood and Levitre.

Cody would be huge......In more than 1 way<------- Awful attempt at humor :rolleyes::doh:

Why not wear .... Smith, Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Tasker, Talley. Retro Jerseys are just fine.

Also building rosters to sell jerseys seems backwards, isn't it more rational building a roster to win which will in turn sell jerseys?

They did it last year with Wood and Levitre.

Well first, they took a guy that could have sold jerseys in Maybin. I would love to replace my Bruce jersey with Maybin, but I don't see that happening.

Second, they brought in TO, he was the ticket/jersey seller last year and they let him go.

Third, this is a new regime and they will want to brand this team with a new image.... not to mention the Bills skimped on the big name coaches. Which further supports the need for a big name

Also building rosters to sell jerseys seems backwards, isn't it more rational building a roster to win which will in turn sell jerseys?

Agreed, just saying... right now, we have no real to go out and buy a Bills jersey for anything other than Moorman. Deep down, you REALLY think we won't make a sexy pick on Thursday?

The more I think about it, the more I am resigned to this reality.