Big Ben-Suspension Imminent + Trade Speculation

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/380879-...nday-or-tuesday

Roger Goodell Rules: Ben Roethlisberger To Be Suspended Monday or Tuesday

by Bob Evans Written on April 19, 2010 Doug Benc/Getty Images

Pittsburgh Steelers Nation has been waiting for it—now ESPN has confirmed it.

Steelers starting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will officially be suspended by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday or Tuesday.

The news came across during ESPN's morning television show Mike and Mike in the Morning and was met by mixed reactions from the show hosts.

While both Mikes agree that Big Ben should be suspended, they disagreed on the length of the suspension.

Current reports are stating that Roethlisberger could be out as many as four regular season games, while others are saying it will be only two.

The timing of the suspension announcement could have ramifications for the Steelers organization and the NFL as a whole.

The announcement was not supposed to be made until after the draft, which means that there could be a potential trade in the works for the Super Bowl champion Roethlisberger, and the team interested in acquiring him may have wanted clarification before giving up their draft picks.

I honestly do not see the Steelers trading their heavily-paid franchise quarterback, but with the Rooney family's new dedication toward removing troubled players (see Santonio Holmes, Super Bowl MVP), I would not at all be surprised at the move.

Expect the announcement to come today rather than tomorrow, as the NFL will probably not want the negative press on the same day as their schedule release party.

I think it is a sure thing he gets traded. At first the Commish said he wouldnt be suspended until after the draft. Isnt if funny that now all the sudden after trade rumors come out that the Commish will slap the suspension on before the draft? Teams are looking at how long the suspension will be, and Steelers are looking to trade him for this years draft picks.

Id put money on it.

I gotta think Arizona must be on the short list of potential takers....their team outside of the QB position is playoff caliber. After having a guy like Warner, and a big taste of success....they must be looking at Leinart and feeling quite unsatisfied.

http://phoenix.fanster.com/wordpress/wp-co...girls-dirty.jpg

Kinda looks like Big Ben in that pic eh?

Guest dog14787
I gotta think Arizona must be on the short list of potential takers....their team outside of the QB position is playoff caliber. After having a guy like Warner, and a big taste of success....they must be looking at Leinart and feeling quite unsatisfied.

http://phoenix.fanster.com/wordpress/wp-co...girls-dirty.jpg

Kinda looks like Big Ben in that pic eh?

By no means do I want to make light of anything Ben has done, but wouldn't the Bills be high on the list of possible takers?

I've heard rumor the Steelers may be interested in Tim Tebow and Buffalo is sitting in the perfect position to draft Tebow.

Guest dog14787
I wonder what his contract status is - that's a factor. Personally, I don't want him.

From a character standpoint I agree, but from a team perspective the Bills would instantly become legit contenders to win the AFC East.

By no means do I want to make light of anything Ben has done, but wouldn't the Bills be high on the list of possible takers?

I've heard rumor the Steelers may be interested in Tim Tebow and Buffalo is sitting in the perfect position to draft Tebow.

Don't really want a twice-accused rapist on our team. Highly unlikely that Tim Tebow will ever be arrested on rape charges, or suspended for any sort of off-field conduct so if I'm Buddy Nix, I'll take OT Bryan Bulaga with the #9 pick, and Tebow with the #41 pick (unless DT Dan Williams is still there - then I take my chances that TT will still be there in round 3 and grab the big nose tackle in round 2). And if we 'miss out' on Tebow, I still think Brian Brohm has plenty of 'upside' if our O-line can keep him off his back.

(And hey, Graham Harrell's still available too :lol: )

Guest dog14787
Don't really want a twice-accused rapist on our team. Highly unlikely that Tim Tebow will ever be arrested on rape charges, or suspended for any sort of off-field conduct so if I'm Buddy Nix, I'll take OT Bryan Bulaga with the #9 pick, and Tebow with the #41 pick (unless DT Dan Williams is still there - then I take my chances that TT will still be there in round 3 and grab the big nose tackle in round 2). And if we 'miss out' on Tebow, I still think Brian Brohm has plenty of 'upside' if our O-line can keep him off his back.

(And hey, Graham Harrell's still available too :rolleyes: )

I like Graham Harrell allot and still can't believe the kid isn't on an NFL roster because he's got all the tools and intelligence needed to make it in the NFL in my opinion.

I could see Pittsburgh doing this trade because the Rooney family is getting shelled by its fans to do the deal and that the Rooney family are ardent Catholics and have donated barge loads of money to battered women and domestic abuse charities in the Pittsburgh area. So keeping BR on the roster with these accusations is probably a bitter pill the size of two aircraft carriers, to swallow for them.

Rooney got blasted for supporting Obama in the last campaign, given that the patriarch and the family as a whole are very conservative.

I think it is a sure thing he gets traded. At first the Commish said he wouldnt be suspended until after the draft. Isnt if funny that now all the sudden after trade rumors come out that the Commish will slap the suspension on before the draft? Teams are looking at how long the suspension will be, and Steelers are looking to trade him for this years draft picks.

Id put money on it.

In my opinion, look for the Cards to make that trade. Top Flight QB traded to the team he beat in The Super Bowl. He has ties with The Head Coach and Offensive coordinator. In turn you'll see Leinart get shipped. This is just my speculation, but I think it could happen.

the Bills would instantly become legit contenders to win the AFC East.

Wow. Just ... wow.

I think he should be suspended for the year. His off-field conduct is shameful.

Suspended for the year with no evidence (at least so far) of any actual wrongdoing. I mean, they don't even know for a fact that PigBen had any kind of sex with this most recent intoxicated off her ass girl. So suspended for a year because of 2 (albeit probably true) allegations, for being stupid enough to even put himself in that situation a second time, and because you don't like how he conducts himself in his private life. Tough crowd.

In my opinion, look for the Cards to make that trade. Top Flight QB traded to the team he beat in The Super Bowl. He has ties with The Head Coach and Offensive coordinator. In turn you'll see Leinart get shipped. This is just my speculation, but I think it could happen.

Agreed....