Redskins will trade Campbell for a low pick during the draft

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"According to the Washington Post, the "widespread belief" is that the Redskins will trade Jason Campbell for a "low pick" during the draft.

The Bills are the obvious fit, especially if they address another position of great need at No. 9 overall. Bruce Gradkowski's torn pectoral muscle could also increase the Raiders' interest. Campbell is at least a league-average starter and is well worth the late-round pick for a franchise without a legit quarterback"

There hasn't been any news on the Campbell front lately. Thought this was interesting because they're going to wait til the draft to deal him. All eyes will be on Buffalo at 9 and what direction they go.

Take it how you want but it's fun to speculate and read between the lines. Perhaps if Buffalo passes on a QB at 9 they may swing a deal for Campbell. I'd imagine it would be all but a forgone conclusion if Buffalo passes on a QB in both rounds one and two.

Time wil tell. Can't wait for Thursday.

And?

Anyone wanting to get rid of Edwards should not be wanting more of the same in Campbell.

Campbell is atrocious.

'Nuff said.

The redskins had more coaching changes and OC changes than the Bills. Campbell had had a different OC every year.

Yes, Gailey said he wants a mobile QB, Campbell is mobile. Seems like a really good fit, and if it only costs us a 5th or a 6th i say do it in a heartbeat.

...besides what do we have to lose?

A lot of money and a pick, a player with potential to actually help this team.

Campbell SUCKS--his stats are deceiving; he is a loser as qb, and not merely because he has not had great team--he makes them look bad, worse than they are.

NO MORE LOSER QUARTERBACKS!

These 'get Campbell' threads (or any similar losing quarterbacks), just makes me think of the 2-14 seasons, with the Vince Ferragamo types brought in, giving us ZERO chance to be a competitive team. Wasting our time, money, draft picks, locker space, and uniform on quarterbacks who aren't good, is the worst thing the Bills can do this offseason, sidetracks us as much as anything else can.

...and if that qb turns out to be JP Losman in a nut shell, you wasted a high pick and the time. IMO the positive outweigh the negatives.

You are getting a decent "stop gap" Qb for a later pick. If Gailey made Thigpen and Kordell Stewart look good, Campbell is far better than either of them.

Your logic would have the Bills never picking a QB. There is no guarantee, but better to take a chance than get someone who you already know is mediocre. I don't want a "stop gap". I'd rather bite the bullet with a couple bad seasons while a young QB matures, get a couple more high picks to build around him, and then have a contender, ala Troy Aikman and the Cowboys.

The only stat that counts is Ws.

In 16 games Campbell was able to lead his team to 4 wins. Fitz led the Bills to the same number of wins in 9 games.

Stats are great, but they don't tell the whole story.

Fitz made things happen on his own to help get some of those wins. I've never seen Campbell do that.

How many W's does a single player account for?

What you CAN measure is how many TDs a QB throws. YES, there is a WR on the other end of the throw but it is their job to catch the ball. If they don't those are TDs lost by the QB. So basically the only stat that matters that is LARGELY attributed to the QB is TDs.

Now if you were in the mood to be argumentative. You could say that good WR get open more often that worse ones. Well, in this case your boy Trent had better WRs to work with than Campbell. Yet another testament to him being on a higher level of production than Trent.

Correct, W's are all that matter.

Stats are great for baseball, stats are for losers in football.

Again...I think there are a few that would agree with me that W's are a team stat. TDs Thrown are a QB stat. See the difference?

I love how you intimate that stats are for losers but W's themselves are a stat. HAHHAHAHAHAAH

Keep it classy Rico

Actually, interceptions are pretty important. As are yards. And completion percentage. But otherwise you're spot on...as usual. :thumbsup:

Right on Leo. I mentioned in an earlier post that TDs and INTs matter but I got lazy on that one. Good catch.

The redskins had more coaching changes and OC changes than the Bills. Campbell had had a different OC every year.

Yes, Gailey said he wants a mobile QB, Campbell is mobile. Seems like a really good fit, and if it only costs us a 5th or a 6th i say do it in a heartbeat.

...besides what do we have to lose?

100% agree UNLESS, Nix, Whaley and Co. really think that there is something special in Clausen or Tebow. I'd much rather take a potential superstar QB and fill in the rest of the holes next year, than take campbell this year and essentially "settle for less?"

After a decade of futility, I can wait another year knowing that we have competent football men in charge, and that our coach isn't playing not to lose

NO MORE LOSER QUARTERBACKS!

AGREED!!!! We will not employ the services of an upgrade at QB who with the right coaching could really turn into something. I say we draft Peyton Manning!!!!!................................

Wait........

What do you mean he was drafted over 10 years ago????????

*sigh*

Can anyone tell me who our 4th and 5th rounds picks were for the last several years? How much are they contributing vs how much a starting QB would contribute?

Is a back up LB -Like Alvin Bowen - or rather the POTENTIAL of a back up linebacker worth more than a proven starter at QB?

Which of our recent 4th or 5th round picks would you be willing to trade for Campbell?

Can anyone tell me who our 4th and 5th rounds picks were for the last several years? How much are they contributing vs how much a starting QB would contribute?

Is a back up LB -Like Alvin Bowen - or rather the POTENTIAL of a back up linebacker worth more than a proven starter at QB?

Which of our recent 4th or 5th round picks would you be willing to trade for Campbell?

People get caught up in losing a draft pick but they never really stop to think what those draft picks have turned into in the past. Some would rather gamble that they get the 1 out of a 100 player that turns into a great starter instead of getting a SOLID young veteran player that if you provided some talent around him and stability could have a big upside.

Campbell is not an upgrade, he is on the same level as Edwards. Why waste the time and pick. Bills 2010 CFL Champions!

Open your eyes and quit swinging from Trent's you know what. Campbell has done MORE with EVEN LESS than Trent has. He has a stronger arm, he is more mobile, he is taller HE IS MORE PRODUCTIVE!!!! I hope you can see that. Despite the glib opener I really mean that.

People get caught up in losing a draft pick but they never really stop to think what those draft picks have turned into in the past. Some would rather gamble that they get the 1 out of a 100 player that turns into a great starter instead of getting a SOLID young veteran player that if you provided some talent around him and stability could have a big upside.

****...we agree on something? !@#$...

Open your eyes and quit swinging from Trent's you know what. Campbell has done MORE with EVEN LESS than Trent has. He has a stronger arm, he is more mobile, he is taller HE IS MORE PRODUCTIVE!!!! I hope you can see that. Despite the glib opener I really mean that.

He done more with less?? Clinton Portis RB, Ladell Betts RB , Santana Moss WR , Randle El WR, Chris Cooley TE. Do the bills have those kind of players? NO!

I was against trading for Campbell (as I think he is a mediocre QB), but if we don't get Clausen in the 1st, or a QB in the 2nd, then I wouldn't be against using a 5th round pick to increase our stable of QBs to 4. Let the 4 of them fight it out for the right to lead the team...

Apparently "football smart" is completing 56% of his passes while throwing more interceptions than TD's and having a QB rating less than 70.

No, "football smart" is seeing TO one on one at the 2 yard line and going for it and completing the longest TD pass in Buffalo Bills history. It's hitting Evans on that slant in against the Jets. It's seeing the open running lane and taking it in from 31 yards out also for a Buffalo Bills record longest run from scrimmage for a TD by a QB. And he can play in a freakin' blizzard. Something we've been clamoring for on here since Flutie and left.

Don't get too hung up on stats. They don't tell the whole story.

Campbell - 4 wins out of 16 games

Fitz - 4 wins out of 9 games

Redskins and Bills in very similar predicament. OC merry-go-round. Horrible OL. Tough division.