Bryant, Cody, Gaither, Campbell

What if the Bills went with the best player available in the first and selct Dez Bryant? Does he not fill a major need?

Then they try to move up to get their 3/4 NT, Terrence Cody. Switch Bills' 2nd with Chargers' 1st by trading them Lynch?

The Bills could then send their 3rd round pick plus next years 2nd to the Ravens for their LT, Gaither.

4th rounder you use on a young QB with a very good arm like Brown or Skelton.

5th round send to the Redskins for a one year experiment in Campbell, may take another pick next year 4th rounder maybe?

So there you have it...

WR BRYANT...check

NT CODY...check

LT GAITHER...check

QB...question mark...but there's still three chances for success Campbell, 4th round rookie QB, QB in the 1st round of the 2011 draft.

I know I'm going to get blasted for this one, but hey I'm not married to any one pick yet and I'm just trying to think out of the box here. I fear the Bills will not be able to get the top two LTs and if they will have to look at another position, why not the best guy which fills a need?

One key reason Bryant won't happen: Eugene Parker. No way the Bills are going to deal with negotiating a first round contract with him, with a player like that, after the Peters saga.

As soon as I saw that Parker was representing Bryant, that was my first thought. Though Nix does represent some change in philosophy, the organization surely has a bitter taste in their mouth from the way Peters was handled.

I like the OP's out-of-the-box thinking. The strategies and players are very much in-line with the way I can see us having an expediated re-build. I don't generally like giving up futures for personnel that may or may not be desired by their current team (Gaither), but it will come down to how the first round pans out pick 1-8. If the Bills see their LT of choice available, I think all this becomes a moot point.

I think that if the Bills were able to get their hands on a late 1st round pick, it would be used on Tebow or Colt McCoy rather than Cody.

That works too. I was more looking towards finding instant starters at key positions. I would buy into either Tebow or McCoy with that late first pick.

One key reason Bryant won't happen: Eugene Parker. No way the Bills are going to deal with negotiating a first round contract with him, with a player like that, after the Peters saga.

Great observation. I don;t think it matters though. Ultimately Peters is responsible for his own actions, not his agent. At the end of the day it's all just business and if they can't look past crap like the Peters situation to get the players they need then throw in the towel now.

Even forgetting Peters, we have direct experience of what Parker does with a #10 overall pick Wide Receiver from last year's Michael Crabtree disaster. Dez Bryant hired the guy with that as the top billing on his resume.

Dez Bryant either wants the Michael Crabtree experience or else he hired the wrong agent.

What if the Bills went with the best player available in the first and selct Dez Bryant? Does he not fill a major need?

Then they try to move up to get their 3/4 NT, Terrence Cody. Switch Bills' 2nd with Chargers' 1st by trading them Lynch?

The Bills could then send their 3rd round pick plus next years 2nd to the Ravens for their LT, Gaither.

5th round send to the Redskins for a one year experiment in Campbell, may take another pick next year 4th rounder maybe?

So there you have it...

WR BRYANT...check

NT CODY...check

LT GAITHER...check

QB...question mark...but there's still three chances for success Campbell, 4th round rookie QB, QB in the 1st round of the 2011 draft.

I know I'm going to get blasted for this one, but hey I'm not married to any one pick yet and I'm just trying to think out of the box here. I fear the Bills will not be able to get the top two LTs and if they will have to look at another position, why not the best guy which fills a need?

I like the thinking, although i'd rather take Spiller at #9 than Bryant, and grab Shipley or Williams from SU later in the draft.

It may be fun to come up with "what if" and trade scenarios (this is a general statement, not meant for any particular poster), but no one knows wtf! will happen on draft day. I have no clue what the teams ahead of us will do, both selecting and trading. I will base the pick on what unfolds. So y'all just chill and enjoy your beer next week.

So there you have it...

WR BRYANT...check

NT CODY...check

LT GAITHER...check

I think this would be awesome and isn't that far out of the relm of possibility, but it seems like a little too much of a house of cards to happen. I'd say more likely would be the following: (Which I'd also be happy with)

1-9. Dez Bryant (despite parker)

2-41. Pick traded for Gaither, and Bal would do this as they aren't going to have two OTs making franchise $.

3-72. NT Tourell Troup

4-107. Pick traded for Jason Campbell.

I'm not saying this will happen, but what I've come up with above is all well within the relm of posibility.

I think this would be awesome and isn't that far out of the relm of possibility, but it seems like a little too much of a house of cards to happen. I'd say more likely would be the following: (Which I'd also be happy with)

1-9. Dez Bryant (despite parker)

2-41. Pick traded for Gaither, and Bal would do this as they aren't going to have two OTs making franchise $.

3-72. NT Tourell Troup

4-107. Pick traded for Jason Campbell.

I'm not saying this will happen, but what I've come up with above is all well within the relm of posibility.

What I don't get is that, to my knowledge, the Bills have not even mentioned or sent out "leaks" of their possible desire for Dez Bryant. Wouldn't you as a GM, do that if you had no intention or desire of picking him? Having Bryant selected ahead of Buffalo by some team (who's fearful of losing him to Buffalo) trading up in front of them pushes another high value player back to #9. The Bills have a big need at WR and I have not heard one thing in all of the predraft stuff that I've read that has him as a possibility. If the Bills don't want him then they should be talking him up this week, right? Since they haven't been talking about him...hmmmm.

first off, i thought this was some kind of legal firm.

second, no team is going to shun a player simply because of his agent. Parker represents numerous high-profile players, and it should be noted that he still has several on the Bills roster: Jairus Byrd and James Hardy.

third, Nix has on numerous occasions stated he's not in this to make a big splash. that's an indication that he's going to concentrate on building up and establishing the core of this team before adding to it in free agency. and that starts with next week's draft.

i also can't see Nix dealing away draft picks for veterans, because he's also stated that he intends to build the team through the draft.

and there is every indication that Nix, for now and rightly or wrongly, is keen on holding on to his talented players, and that includes Lynch.

jw