Some Wonderlic Scores From TSN's War Room

Here's a sample Wonderlic test. Unbelievably easy ...

http://vandalaysolutions.com/wpt/wpt.html

When I worked at Verizon, anytime we had an argument, it was to be settled via online IQ test, and everyone had to print their results and post them in their cubes. Maybe we could do something similar here lol

No FB, WR, TE, C, OT, DT, DE, ILB, OLB, CB, K or Punter Wonderlic scores on the site. Still some interesting numbers. CJ Spiller 10?! :w00t:

CJ Spiller - RB - 10

Vladimir Ducasse - G - 13

Mike Iupati - G - 13

LaGarrett Blount - RB - 16

Ryan Matthews - RB - 16

Tim Tebow - QB - 22

Jimmy Clausen - QB - 23

Jahvid Best - RB - 24

Anthony Dixon - RB - 25

Colt McCoy - QB - 25

Toby Gerhart - RB - 30

Zane Beadles - G - 36

Sam Bradford - QB - 36

Everyone, we are talking football here. It's not a complicated game.

The only ones on the field that need to have high Wonderlic scores are the coaches..and they aren't taking the test.

Curious..has anyone seen the type of questions on the test? Are they football related or general SAT type questions?

I know there is a small group of people that believe before you hand someone millions of dollars you want to know if they can handle an algebraic function or understand rock formations.

That's like asking before the heavyweight championship fight, what did the fighters get on their SAT's?

I don't think it is indicative of their true football talent.

I know after the season players prep for the combine with trainers...do they prep for the wonderlic as well?

Everyone, we are talking football here. It's not a complicated game.

The only ones on the field that need to have high Wonderlic scores are the coaches..and they aren't taking the test.

Curious..has anyone seen the type of questions on the test? Are they football related or general SAT type questions?

I know there is a small group of people that believe before you hand someone millions of dollars you want to know if they can handle an algebraic function or understand rock formations.

That's like asking before the heavyweight championship fight, what did the fighters get on their SAT's?

I don't think it is indicative of their true football talent.

I know after the season players prep for the combine with trainers...do they prep for the wonderlic as well?

I agree that the scores don't have to be high, but an exceptionally low score can be indicative of other problems that could translate to issues on the field. Things like general awareness, ability to assess game situations (do I run this kick back or fair catch it?), judgment off the field and quality of the company you may keep.

It's not everything, but a team investing in a player with a red flag like this should take some extra steps to reduce their risk.

Wonderlic scores for the NFL's projected starting quarterbacks:

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick 48

2. Alex Smith 40

3. Eli Manning 39

4. Matt Stafford 38

5. Tony Romo 37

6. Aaron Rodgers 35

6. Matt Leinart 35

8. Tom Brady 33

9. Matt Ryan 32

10. Matt Schaub 31

11. Philip Rivers 30

12. Matt Hasselbeck 29

12. Marc Bulger 29

12. Brady Quinn 29

15. Mark Sanchez 28

15. Peyton Manning 28

15. Drew Brees 28

18. Josh Freeman 27

18. Joe Flacco 27

20. Carson Palmer 26

20. Jay Cutler 26

20. Kyle Orton 26

23. Ben Roethlisberger 25

24. Jason Campbell 23

25. Brett Favre 22

25. Tim Tebow 22 - Projected starter?

25. Chad Henne 22

28. Bruce Gradkowski 19

29. Vince Young 15

30. Donovan McNabb 14

30. David Garrard 14

Unknown: Matt Cassel, Matt Moore

Other Wonderlic scores of note:

Brian Griese 39

Drew Bledsoe 36

Steve Young 33

John Elway 29

Chad Pennington 25

JaMarcus Russell 24

Mark Brunell 22

Trent Dilfer 22

Michael Vick 20

Daunte Culpepper 18

Dan Marino 15

Randall Cunningham 15

Jim Kelly 15

Terry Bradshaw 15

Chris Leak 8

This is a cool article; Link

NFL's success using Wonderlic Test subject to interpretation

By D. Orlando Ledbetter

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The prospects are also given the Wonderlic Personnel Test, which was introduced to the NFL by the legendary Paul Brown in the late 1960s. The test requires the players to answer as many of the 50 questions as possible in 12 minutes.

However, three professors -- Brian D. Lyons of Fresno State, Brian J. Hoffman of the University of Georgia and John W. Michel of Towson University -- have published a research paper questioning the validity of the test in the NFL employment setting.

The paper was published in a journal called Human Performance in July 2009 and is entitled: "Not much more than g? An examination of the impact of intelligence on NFL performance."

“The problem is that the Wonderlic really doesn't evaluate necessary football-related knowledge that you need to perform."

Lyons contends that teams could get better predictors on performance by doing more football intelligence-based testing.

“You are concerned about whether a person can retain playbook knowledge," Lyons said. "Then there should be tests or evaluations geared toward whether or not a person can memorize plays, memorize routes, schemes and defensive schemes, too."