Let the Doom & Gloom reign

The Bills didn't trade for Marshall...The Bills didn't trade for Holmes...The Bills are gonna be last in the division...Nix is not doing anything...The sky is falling...I fell down the stairs and my shoes fell off. STFU already!!!!!!

I didn't know the 2010 season was over with already?! So if everyone was to determine how well teams would be, just by what a team has done in free agency, the Washington Redskins would have been multiple time Superbowl champions since Dan Snyder took over.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills didn't sign Marshall...The Bills didn't Holmes...The Bills are gonna be last in the division...Nix is not doing anything...The sky is falling...I fell down the stairs and my shoes fell off. STFU already!!!!!!

I didn't know the 2010 season was over with already?! So if everyone was to determine how well teams would be, just by what a team has done in free agency, the Washington Redskins would have been multiple time Superbowl champions since Dan Snyder took over.

Here is what I wrote to the doom and gloomers in another thread...

Lets be a little more realistic here, its not nearly as bad as people want to make it out to be, and this upcoming year isnt about rediscovering the glory of the early 90's anyway, its about getting this team back in the right direction and building this team over the next year or two.

1. We won 6 games last year DESPITE completely ATROCIOUS QB play, horrible play calling, horrible game plan, injury plagued young OL, injury depleted D, our best young play maker not playing the first part of the season (Byrd), and playing in a tough division. With a real QB last year we would have been playoff bound, not even a question, despite all the other issues.

2. Mia still has major QB questions...lets hold off annoiting them a power until we see if Henne can make a big step this year. He is promising, but still isnt there yet.

3. The goal for 2010 is not to get us to the SB, but to solidify the holes with some young talent that can develop this team into a real contender over the next couple of years. This year will be used to evaluate and develop our young guys like Hardy, Johnson, Nelson, Brohm, Bell, Maybin, as well as the guys we draft.

4. We need to find out what we have in Brohm (assuming we dont trade for Campbell or Vick, two guys we have speculated interest in apparently) and this is the year to do it assuming he can win the job. We also need to find out what we have in Maybin, Hardy, and Johnson so we know what we need to address in next years draft.

5. Our defense on paper already looks even better than last year.

For me, this team is heading in the right direction with the most important part being the emphasis and commitment to get these guys some playing time. Doesnt do any good to draft guys with lots of upside if we dont let them play and let them develop. I dont hold high expectations this year, but I do look forward to seeing what these guys can finally do in a game.

So all these people crying and mailing it in already for the season, what the heck were you really expecting in 2010? This is a new staff who is coming in and building their foundation, evaluating our young guys, and building through the draft, and I dont see anything wrong with that. I am actually excited to see how they develop over the season.

The Bills didn't sign Marshall...The Bills didn't Holmes...The Bills are gonna be last in the division...Nix is not doing anything...The sky is falling...I fell down the stairs and my shoes fell off. STFU already!!!!!!

Haven't you learned anything the last decade of watching Bills football. This year will take us back to the 3-13 level we experienced under Greggo.

How about you STFU already? Unless you are blind, drunk and in a coma-you realize everything you typed is correct. It gets old watching Sports Center, NFL Network or any other sports program and every time the talk of the AFC comes up it is followed by "The Bills just keep falling farther behind the Big 3". Just heard it about 10 minutes ago again talking about the Marshall trade, heard it with the Holmes trade, the LT signing, etc. The 2010 season hasn't even started but for all intense and purposes, and for anyone not living in a fantasy land, it is over for the Buffalo Bills. We are looking at a second winless division record for the second time in three years. So, let me say it again-YOU STFU!

Haven't you learned anything the last decade of watching Bills football. This year will take us back to the 3-13 level we experienced under Greggo.

I didn't know the Bills let go of a QB with a winning record and decided to go with a QB with a losing record?

How did the Bills get worse from last season already?

How about you STFU already? Unless you are blind, drunk and in a coma-you realize everything you typed is correct. It gets old watching Sports Center, NFL Network or any other sports program and every time the talk of the AFC comes up it is followed by "The Bills just keep falling farther behind the Big 3". Just heard it about 10 minutes ago again talking about the Marshall trade, heard it with the Holmes trade, the LT signing, etc. The 2010 season hasn't even started but for all intense and purposes, and for anyone not living in a fantasy land, it is over for the Buffalo Bills. We are looking at a second winless division record for the second time in three years. So, let me say it again-YOU STFU!

Why don't you drive on down to your local store, buy some straws and suck it up!!!! Almost every year, the skins make a big splash in FA, but it gets them nowhere. We have a brand new management/coaching staff and people like you are already sticking the fork in them. How do you know already that our new coaches can't make this team any better? Tell me that sherlock?! We had 3 years of Jauron ball, who IMO is one of the worse HC's in football, but we went 7-9 three years in a row followed by 6-10. If we had a decent coach during that period, it's possible that we could have made it to the playoffs. The draft hasn't even taken place and all the whiners, including you, have come out of the woodwork.

Lets be a little more realistic here, its not nearly as bad as people want to make it out to be, and this upcoming year isnt about rediscovering the glory of the early 90's anyway, its about getting this team back in the right direction and building this team over the next year or two.

1. We won 6 games last year DESPITE completely ATROCIOUS QB play, horrible play calling, horrible game plan, injury plagued young OL, injury depleted D, our best young play maker not playing the first part of the season (Byrd), and playing in a tough division. With a real QB last year we would have been playoff bound, not even a question, despite all the other issues.

2. Mia still has major QB questions...lets hold off annoiting them a power until we see if Henne can make a big step this year. He is promising, but still isnt there yet.

3. The goal for 2010 is not to get us to the SB, but to solidify the holes with some young talent that can develop this team into a real contender over the next couple of years. This year will be used to evaluate and develop our young guys like Hardy, Johnson, Nelson, Brohm, Bell, Maybin, as well as the guys we draft.

4. We need to find out what we have in Brohm (assuming we dont trade for Campbell or Vick, two guys we have speculated interest in apparently) and this is the year to do it assuming he can win the job. We also need to find out what we have in Maybin, Hardy, and Johnson so we know what we need to address in next years draft.

For me, this team is heading in the right direction with the most important part being the emphasis and commitment to get these guys some playing time. Doesnt do any good to draft guys with lots of upside if we dont let them play and let them develop. I dont hold high expectations this year, but I do look forward to seeing what these guys can finally do in a game.

So all these people crying and mailing it in already for the season, what the heck were you really expecting in 2010? This is a new staff who is coming in and building their foundation, evaluating our young guys, and building through the draft, and I dont see anything wrong with that. I am actually excited to see how they develop over the season.

You hit everything right on the head. Great post!!

I didn't know the Bills let go of a QB with a winning record and decided to go with a QB with a losing record?

How did the Bills get worse from last season already?

A couple ways they have gotten worse from last year already:

1. We no longer have the #1 and #3 receivers from last year, they weren't great but leaves us with one experienced WR.

2. The fact that the Bills are content with Brohm possibly being the QB would worsen any team.

3. Don't know if the best player on the defense (Schobel) will even play this year.

4. We have no offensive line, not sure when Bad Santa is going to play, if at all.

5. Lynch is out the door, so we basically have one experienced RB and he isn't able to punch it in at the goaline.

If you would like I can keep going, but the point is made and quite obvious. Although we are all Bills fans on this board, certain posters like yourself remind me of the Monkeys song "Daydream Believer."

The Bills didn't trade for Marshall...The Bills didn't trade for Holmes...The Bills are gonna be last in the division...Nix is not doing anything...The sky is falling...I fell down the stairs and my shoes fell off. STFU already!!!!!!

ah, the omnipresent invocation of dan snyder. you all never mention teams that have succeeded with big name free agents on their roster. guess one copes using whatever mechanism works.

Oh AS The Buffalo Bills Message Board Turns. It really is like a soap opera on here(i'm assuming cuz i don't watch soap operas). Or maybe its more like politics. What we have here is a 2 party system. I'm thinking you negative ones are republicans, and the others are democrats. wonder what that comment will stir up?........ but I really must add , Can't we all get along?

This team has sucked for a decade. Until they stop sucking, there will be doom&gloomers. Also, doom&gloomers have been right more often than you in the last 10yrs.

1. We no longer have the #1 and #3 receivers from last year, they weren't great but leaves us with one experienced WR.

2. The fact that the Bills are content with Brohm possibly being the QB would worsen any team.

3. Don't know if the best player on the defense (Schobel) will even play this year.

4. We have no offensive line, not sure when Bad Santa is going to play, if at all.

5. Lynch is out the door, so we basically have one experienced RB and he isn't able to punch it in at the goaline.

If you would like I can keep going, but the point is made and quite obvious. Although we are all Bills fans on this board, certain posters like yourself remind me of the Monkeys song "Daydream Believer."

Sadly, you have to add your list, the reported switch from a 4 - 3 to a 3 - 4, with players that most think will have to go through a learning curve and perhaps not ideal for such. As well as question marks about their many IR players - where will they fit? Will they regain health and be able to play? Unknown - which has to affect draft selections. I think they are in a tough spot there.

This defensive scheme change disturbs me most. I don't disagree with a change, but I think it''s premature, it tosses too many things up in the air. Personally, I would have "blended" it in so to speak through the coming season. See which players are apt for it.

I am normally a very optimistic person. Especially when it comes to the Bills. However, knowing how many holes need to be filled on this team, I am concerned. Can we fill some in the draft? Yes. Should the Bills make relatively cheap moves in FA to get veteran talent or do they carry on with the trend of signing guys from other teams practice squads?

Sorry, I just think that moves can be made. If we're hoping everything can be fixed via the draft.... sorry I'm not buying it. To me that means a couple more years out.

ok, heres the difference between negative and positive.

1. owens as a #1 reciecver didnt help us all that much and he wasnt even that good imo. 6.5 million and he couldn't even come back for the ball? though i did and do like josh reed, maybe our other 2 receivers, and a i am very high on stevie j, with some playing time will be very good. None of know for sure. and we will still add someone that can catch in the draft.

2. maybe Brohm is going to light it up? how the f do you know?

3.schobel will retire . get over it. and besides. kyle williams is the best player on d. opinion, yes. but like a-holes, we all have one.

4. draft is coming and the o-line will be addressed. and its not as bad as you want to make it out to be anyways..

5. screw Lynch. great back and I'd be fine if he wants to be here, but he doesn't so lets get what we can for him, and mark my words it will be a late 2nd or early 3rd we get for him. and it will help us rebuild.

I wait patiently for your rebuttal sir

LMAO & bad santa!! That's a good one!!

1. You have a point. We have Johnson & Hardy, who are two unknowns still. Also, can Gailey get more production from Evans?

2. The Bills will let all 3 QB's battle it out. Gailey also said they will add another QB, either in the draft or FA. Let's wait and see what happens next week.

3. I would hope the Bills make a move on Schobel soon or trade him to somewhere he wants to go. IMO, our defense will be better. Getting rid of the Tampa 2 defense is a great start. Adding Andra Davis & Dwan Edwards were 2 solid moves. Moving the smaller DE's back to LB's is a good move, since none of them (besides Schobel) could get a whiff of the QB. We'll find out next week if the Bills address the NT & LB positions.

4. You're right about Wood, I hope he can rebound, but it's a gamble. LT needs to be addressed in rounds 1 or 2 of the draft. RT, Green is a stop-gap for 1-2 years until the Bills can draft another RT.

5. You do have a point about Lynch. There's a ton of speculation whether Lynch will or will not be traded. If the Bills address the O-line situation next week, then that could open things up for the RB's.

I'm being realistic, I know the Bills are not going to make the playoffs this season. There are a lot of holes to fill, plus a new coaching regime. But, I don't see how Gailey can be worse than the coaching staff that was in here. A pop-warner offense? Drafting 4 to 5 secondary players every year? Not having these guys accountable for their workouts in the gym (plus 12 TV's). Not having the team prepared for the start of every season. I'm glad Jauron & Co are gone and feel better about the Bills chances over the next few years. The process that Nix is going through will take at least 2-3 years, so I'd rather see the Bills built the right way and not try and go for the quick fix like Donahoe tried doing.

Good post. I don't see how the Bills could do worse this year, when they were horribly mismanaged and miscoached as bad as they were last year.

I am normally a very optimistic person. Especially when it comes to the Bills. However, knowing how many holes need to be filled on this team, I am concerned. Can we fill some in the draft? Yes. Should the Bills make relatively cheap moves in FA to get veteran talent or do they carry on with the trend of signing guys from other teams practice squads?

Sorry, I just think that moves can be made. If we're hoping everything can be fixed via the draft.... sorry I'm not buying it. To me that means a couple more years out.

Here is what you are missing though, we dont TRULY know what holes need to be addressed as we already have young guys at some of the apparent holes you are referring to. We have too many young unproven players with potential to really understand what holes we have. Guys like Brohm, Hardy, Johnson, Maybin, Nelson, Bell, etc. So its not relying on only the draft, its also about developing our guys hopefully under a potentially better coaching staff and schemes.

And we are a couple of years out, but thats the point and thats the plan. With a new staff and FO they are going to need to find out whats already on this team before they can understand what moves need to be made. 2010 is the year to answer questions, not return to glory. Find out what we truly have in our young inexperienced guys, draft well, and start building this team to be a real contender over the next couple of seasons.

Here is what you are missing though, we dont TRULY know what holes need to be addressed as we already have young guys at some of the apparent holes you are referring to. We have too many young unproven players with potential to really understand what holes we have. Guys like Brohm, Hardy, Johnson, Maybin, Nelson, Bell, etc. So its not relying on only the draft, its also about developing our guys hopefully under a potentially better coaching staff and schemes.

And we are a couple of years out, but thats the point and thats the plan. With a new staff and FO they are going to need to find out whats already on this team before they can understand what moves need to be made. 2010 is the year to answer questions, not return to glory. Find out what we truly have in our young inexperienced guys, draft well, and start building this team to be a real contender over the next couple of seasons.

You're absolutely right. I feel a lot of players on this team over the last decade (especially during the Jauron era) underachieved due to the horrible mismanagement from the coaches.

Here is a better thought: Until the Bills do something, why don't YOU just STFU?

After ten years of the "We're DOOOOMED" offseason sarcasm pointed at realistic fans on this board, and ten subsequent doomed seasons, it's really time to just start taking things at face value. Is it necessary to lament the fact that the Bills aren't taking noticeable strides toward improvement? Maybe, maybe not. It's not news, that is for certain. But it DEFINITELY is not time to defend them. Don't be an idiot.

In 2007 the 49ers signed Pro-Bowler Nate Clements, Pro-Bowler Michael Lewis, and Darrell Jackson while drafting Patrick Willis and Joe Staley in the first round. All the "experts" lauded the moves and were jocking SF as a darkhorse team in the NFC. They finished the season at 5-11, two wins less then they managed the season before. Relax.