We're Doomed, we suck, Hail the J-E-T-S Jets Jets JETS

saundena

First, let me preface this rant by saying that I hate the Jests more than any other professional sports team, and perhaps even as much as hot garbage, tree huggers and Cancer. I hate the JESTS!

With that being said, I continue. . . . It’s obvious that the Jests made several off-season splashes this year- much more so than our Bills have. I’d even venture to say that their off-season this year is already much louder than ours was last year- even though we signed T.O.!

So what, who cares! Did some of us (as-well-as others in the national media) forget that there are 16 games in the NFL season, and that this is still April?

Sure, they added legitimate threats, but they also lost a premier running back in Thomas Jones and replaced him with a pedestrian LT- who is now but a shell of his former self. Cromartie was a positive pickup (especially when complemented by Revis) but he’s not a sure bet either--- Tim Graham had this to say:

“Cromarite isn't guaranteed to shine. He has been inconsistent the past two seasons. He has gotten scorched for touchdowns. He badly misses tackles. He has off-field issues (seven children by five women) that must be considered.”

Now, lets consider that Sanchez did not have a very good year and the Jests relied completely on their defense and running game to win…. And could only do so if Sanchez played an error-free game. Additionally, their offensive play calling in several games was terrible. Buf/NYJ game 1 was a perfect example. . . . Why throw the ball (and get 5 INTs) when you’re rushing for 30 yds a pop! WILL SANCHEZ SLUMP?

Can Rex’s huge personality hold team of primadonnas together, or will his lap-band procedure leave him cranky, exhausted and without energy? A funny but serious point!

Let’s not forget that the Jets backed into the playoffs by beating resting Indy and Cincy teams. Sure they surprised Cincy the week after, and the Chargers after that- but that does not erase the fact that they played like runny poo poo for much of the season.

Will they be better? Probably. Will they win the SB? Who can really say! I think too many people are overlooking legitimate issues with this team. Let’s just see how well they do playing a difficult schedule before we coronate them as the team of the next decade!

First, let me preface this rant by saying that I hate the Jests more than any other professional sports team, and perhaps even as much as hot garbage, tree huggers and Cancer. I hate the JESTS!

With that being said, I continue. . . . It’s obvious that the Jests made several off-season splashes this year- much more so than our Bills have. I’d even venture to say that their off-season this year is already much louder than ours was last year- even though we signed T.O.!

So what, who cares! Did some of us (as-well-as others in the national media) forget that there are 16 games in the NFL season, and that this is still April?

Sure, they added legitimate threats, but they also lost a premier running back in Thomas Jones and replaced him with a pedestrian LT- who is now but a shell of his former self. Cromartie was a positive pickup (especially when complemented by Revis) but he’s not a sure bet either--- Tim Graham had this to say:

“Cromarite isn't guaranteed to shine. He has been inconsistent the past two seasons. He has gotten scorched for touchdowns. He badly misses tackles. He has off-field issues (seven children by five women) that must be considered.”

Now, lets consider that Sanchez did not have a very good year and the Jests relied completely on their defense and running

game to win…. And could only do so if Sanchez played an error-free game. Additionally, their offensive play calling in several games was terrible. Buf/NYJ game 1 was a perfect example. . . . Why throw the ball (and get 5 INTs) when you’re rushing for 30 yds a pop! WILL SANCHEZ SLUMP?

Can Rex’s huge personality hold team of primadonnas together, or will his lap-band procedure leave him cranky, exhausted and without energy? A funny but serious point!

Let’s not forget that the Jets backed into the playoffs by beating resting Indy and Cincy teams. Sure they surprised Cincy the week after, and the Chargers after that- but that does not erase the fact that they played like runny poo poo for much of the season.

Will they be better? Probably. Will they win the SB? Who can really say! I think too many people are overlooking legitimate issues with this team. Let’s just see how well they do playing a difficult schedule before we coronate them as the team of the next decade!

I have to agree on this. Most people are reacting to getting Holmes for a 5th. I have to admit it sounded good. I'm just not sold on that team. They are miles better than we are in the trenches. But they are hardly a team to fear. They have plenty of question marks going into next next year. Why angst about the Jets? Let's think about the Bills.

I hate the Jets as much as the next guy but they are going to be the team to beat in the AFC next year. I don't say that because of the Holmes acquisition either, it's their defense that will make them the cream of the crop. As much as this paragraph pains me to write, it's blatantly obvious that with 2 shutdown/ballhawk corners the Jets blitz packages are only going to get more advanced. Couple that with them now having 2 years in the same system, I can only predict improvement.

On top of all that, whether you like him or hate him, Rex Ryan is a good coach who the players LOVE.

I never hop for injuries but I think the injury bug may be the only thing that will prevent the Jets from at least making it to the AFC championship game.

I think the Jets kinda hit it right last year, not a great team or really even a good team but some of the traditional powers were down- New England, Pittsburgh they get a make believe in cincy out of the shoot and then Norv in the playoffs. I wasn't shocked they won just because that whole group wasn't very good until you get to indy.

Edwards is dangerous but not a difference maker....Holmes I like as a player but I get the feeling pittsburgh knows something we all don't. Not just the free agent, not just the suspension, not just the assault, but all they could get for a 1200 yard reciever is a #5 ? It appears teams weren't falling over themselves to get to him either. WHY ?

Lastly when the hell did Cromartie become a shut down corner ? Those are hard to find I don't think the Chargers would let one walk away and there might have been a little more business around Cromartie if he was anything like a shut down corner. There was a reason he was available.

Jets are 8-8, 9-7 team that o-line is getting old and all we heard was Lito Sheppard was a shutdown guy. I do give them credit for taking advantage of things that fell their way.

The Jets are definitely a team to be feared as they have a stout defense and solid O line and really good special teams, they finally found a GM with a brain. The only flaw is their 2nd year QB who didn't get much play in college and is still learning his craft.

They could be really special in another one or two years depending on how Sanchez develops.

The Patriots still have Tom Brady and Randy Moss, they can be beaten as the Ravens showed everyone how in last years wildcard game.

Miami has Bill Parcells pulling the strings on his team,always a force.

Tough division for Buffalo to win a division in, best team is still the Patriots if Brady is completely healthy

As for me, the Jets have nothing on Miami...10 years with no wins in the Division during the 70's, and now the Patriots are getting close the top of my hate list as the Bills didn't beat them the entire 4 years ole dick was here

These Jet posts are great. The New Jersey Jets (they don't play in NY) have been doing what every other NFL team should be doing and that is to make themselves a better team. As I mentioned in a previous post, the Jets have made the playoffs 5 out of the last 10 years. Most WNY fans would love to be able to say that about the Bills.

its more than getting holmes for a fifth..its getting sanchez, and a philosophy of constantly getting better under the new regime. Tomlinshon, Cromartie and Holmes and then going into the draft. This is a team that isn't going to sit on its hands in any facet of the personnel game.

I have to agree on this. Most people are reacting to getting Holmes for a 5th. I have to admit it sounded good. I'm just not sold on that team. They are miles better than we are in the trenches. But they are hardly a team to fear. They have plenty of question marks going into next next year. Why angst about the Jets? Let's think about the Bills.

The Jets made it to the AFC Championship with a rookie QB. BTW, it was a 3 point game going into the 4 qtr. They had the #1 defense, in fact they were 32 YPG better than 2nd ranked D. They had the #1 scoring D. They have the best CB in the game, just ask Lee Evans and added another solid man corner. They had the #1 rushing offense with a rookie QB. They are now loaded at WR. To say that they are miles better than the Bills on the Oline is an understatement. They are on the other side of the pacific better that the Bills.

If you are not scared of the Jets than you are blinded by your fandom.

The Pats are the Pats and we will always be chasing them as along as Tom Brady is around. And as depressing as that is, both the Dolphins and Jets are significantly improving while we are getting worse. Go sabres.

its more than getting holmes for a fifth..its getting sanchez, and a philosophy of constantly getting better under the new regime. Tomlinshon, Cromartie and Holmes and then going into the draft. This is a team that isn't going to sit on its hands in any facet of the personnel game.

Or they're borrowing a strategy from the cross river buds, the Rangers. If Stanley Cups were awarded on paper each July, Rangers would have a lockdown.

On paper, Jets got a lot better. Too bad there are so few cases of stockpiling so many modestly productive primadonas into a cohesive SB winning team.

While it pains me to say this, the Jets will win the AFCE going away next season--12-4 or 13-3--while New England* starts its inevitable descent back to the pack (9-7 at best, 7-9 at worst and this does not pain me in the least to write), while Miami and the Bills fight it out for the cellar (in each case from 7-9 if a lot of things go right, down to 4-12 if they don't)......

The Jets made it to the AFC Championship with a rookie QB. BTW, it was a 3 point game going into the 4 qtr. They had the #1 defense, in fact they were 32 YPG better than 2nd ranked D. They had the #1 scoring D. They have the best CB in the game, just ask Lee Evans and added another solid man corner. They had the #1 rushing offense with a rookie QB. They are now loaded at WR. To say that they are miles better than the Bills on the Oline is an understatement. They are on the other side of the pacific better that the Bills.

If you are not scared of the Jets than you are blinded by your fandom.

Great post. Why is it that so many feel the need to denigrate moves by other teams to justify their support for the Bills? Does anyone REALLY believe the Jets just got worse or are doomed because of the off-season moves made this far?? You're only fooling yourself (is it that easy?)if you do.

I don't roll on Shabbos. Sorry.

Great post. Why is it that so many feel the need to denigrate moves by other teams to justify their support for the Bills? Does anyone REALLY believe the Jets just got worse or are doomed because of the off-season moves made this far?? You're only fooling yourself (is it that easy?)if you do.

I don't roll on Shabbos. Sorry.

I don't think they are doomed, as a matter-of-fact, I stated that I thought that they would be good. I do think however, that everyone picking them to be the AFC Champs way too soon. They have legitimate question marks. And while taken together these question marks might not demote them to a 4-12 team, the might put them at a 10-6 team.

Getting mad or pissy at the Jets for getting better is like getting mad or pissy at the guy at work who's been there ten years longer than you getting the raise and promotion.

The JEts are a good coupla years further along in their rebuilding than the Bills are. There is veritually NO comparison between the two team's respective situations.

While I hate Ryan and have to endure Jets fans all around me, I frankly wish them well. Fewer teams in sports has as lousy a history as the Jets have. They have that one game, albiet a big big one, and fourty years of crap. If they have a great team to root for now, good for them.

Getting mad or pissy at the Jets for getting better is like getting mad or pissy at the guy at work who's been there ten years longer than you getting the raise and promotion.

The JEts are a good coupla years further along in their rebuilding than the Bills are. There is veritually NO comparison between the two team's respective situations.

While I hate Ryan and have to endure Jets fans all around me, I frankly wish them well. Fewer teams in sports has as lousy a history as the Jets have. They have that one game, albiet a big big one, and fourty years of crap. If they have a great team to root for now, good for them.

I think this is well said. I actually like Rex Ryan, and think any team benefits from that attitude and arrogance in a head coach. Times have changed. The Landrys, Levys and Shulas of the world are yesterday's news. The Jets have built an amazing defense, and now they're putting pieces into place to complement it with a more potent offense. How nice would it be to have LaDanian Tomlinson as a situational back??? They've done it right, and they are a legitimate contender now. Good for them. Let's just hope the Bills can get out of the 90's mentality and into the now. Then hopefully in a few years, we'll be able to make moves like this. Getting mad and pissy at the Jets is nothing but jealousy.

How is exchanging Thomas Jones for L. Tomlinson an upgrade?

How is exchanging Thomas Jones for L. Tomlinson an upgrade?

LT was not himself last year (dinged up) but still showed some ability. He is just another guy to compete and gives the Jets some depth...sort of like LJ signing with the Redskins.

Now, lets consider that Sanchez did not have a very good year and the Jests relied completely on their defense and running game to win…. And could only do so if Sanchez played an error-free game. Additionally, their offensive play calling in several games was terrible. Buf/NYJ game 1 was a perfect example. . . . Why throw the ball (and get 5 INTs) when you’re rushing for 30 yds a pop! WILL SANCHEZ SLUMP?

so you are now a jets fan,hate to see you go,see ya!