Rapelisberger could still be suspended

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i heard correctly but i may be mistaken, Are the Steelers going to be fined, i though i heard that on the radio. If thats the case and he is costing his employer $$$ based on his actions, he should get suspended.

This is getting out of hand.

A rumor about a team getting fined for something one of its players was accused (not convicted) of.

:nana:

This is getting out of hand.

A rumor about a team getting fined for something one of its players was accused (not convicted) of.

:nana:

That's no rumor: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5098560

Just as quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be held accountable for his actions, so will the Pittsburgh Steelers.

If (and when) Roethlisberger is punished, the franchise is facing a fine upwards of six figures -- possibly in the neighborhood of $200,000 -- for the behavior of Roethlisberger and former Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes, according to a league source.

Two seasons ago, when the NFL implemented its personal conduct policy, it also mandated that teams would be responsible for their players' off-the-field transgressions. If any player ran afoul of the policy's personal conduct guidelines, a team also would be accountable.

Call it the "Bengals" rule, because they were the ones getting in trouble all the time when the NFL revamped the policy.

That's no rumor: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5098560

Call it the "Bengals" rule, because they were the ones getting in trouble all the time when the NFL revamped the policy.

Wild, and a bit insane in my opinion, stuff!

This can't be legal, can it? I understand convicted, but just accused?

What if this weekend a girl goes to his front door selling magazine subscriptions then files a police report that he raped her (assume for arguments sake that he did not). What then, suspended for the season and the Steelers fined a million dollars? Lunacy.

Wild, and a bit insane in my opinion, stuff!

This can't be legal, can it? I understand convicted, but just accused?

What if this weekend a girl goes to his front door selling magazine subscriptions then files a police report that he raped her (assume for arguments sake that he did not). What then, suspended for the season and the Steelers fined a million dollars? Lunacy.

You do understand there is a difference between a private operation and a public operation correct?

Yes of course. But even in privately held businesses there are laws protecting employees.

The Personal Conduct Policy is part of every NFL player contract. Just like I can get fired for using a cellphone inside our factory -- which isn't a crime in any state, far as I know -- league management can set its own rules for its employees.

The NFL's security department is headed by a former director of the FBI's forensic laboratory and includes the onetime head of the Pa. State Police. They'll conduct their own investigation, and if they hand out a multigame suspension or six-figure fine, it probably won't be on Goodell's "whim."

Yes of course. But even in privately held businesses there are laws protecting employees.

Protecting employees from what? From being disciplined for dragging the comany's name through the mud by accosting young women by repeatedly using bodygurds to isolate them so the employee can rape them? I doubt it.

And before you start in with the CRAP about benefit of the doubt, how about two totally unrelated people using the exact same story on how this creep victimizes his prey? Do they get any benefit of the doubt or should they be satisfied with a lifetime of wonderful memories of their encounter with a football star?

If Ben doesn't like his employers rules maybe he can get a job somwhere else where his qualifications are useful. Maybe like a storefront in Thailand.

The NFL's security department is headed by a former director of the FBI's forensic laboratory and includes the onetime head of the Pa. State Police. They'll conduct their own investigation, and if they hand out a multigame suspension or six-figure fine, it probably won't be on Goodell's "whim."

If an investigation on the up and up is done and they find evidence that he did what these girls said, then certainly. At that point it is much more than just accusations.

Protecting employees from what? From being disciplined for dragging the comany's name through the mud by accosting young women by repeatedly using bodygurds to isolate them so the employee can rape them? I doubt it.

Obviously the whole concept of accused versus proven is lost on you.

Looks like Ben's going to have a whole new set of body guards that will answer to the Rooney's.

Wanted: babysitter for 28-year-old multimillionaire NFL quarterback.

Lynch was convicted. Not to mention caught in the act.

Lynch's act was not nearly as reprehensible as Roethlisberger's. Lynch isn't the brightest of guys, I get that, but the matter of intentionally assaulting a drunk college student, which in and of itself presents multiple immoral components (intent, assault, the fact that it was a naive, drunk college girl), is far more serious.

If an investigation on the up and up is done and they find evidence that he did what these girls said, then certainly. At that point it is much more than just accusations.

Actually, no, but this is way beyond the accusation stage. With details trickling out it's pretty difficult not to be appalled at what's being leaked.

Most of us aren't naive enough to think that athletes don't get special privileges in cases like these. You must have been psyched when OJ was freed so he could find the real killer.

Actually, no, but this is way beyond the accusation stage. With details trickling out it's pretty difficult not to be appalled at what's being leaked.

Most of us aren't naive enough to think that athletes don't get special privileges in vases like these. You must have been psyched when OJ was freed so he could find the real killer.

Yes details ... trickling you say .... out is certainly proof of guilt. I stand corrected.

The whole concept of the NFL not needing to prove anything is obviously lost on you.

And you're already nervous that the NFL's investigation will not be on the up and up? These poor rapists nowadays. Not only to chicks dress up like sluts and drink and beg for it, now the employers have to get into the act of rigging the investigations.