Lets face the truth

daquixers

As much as many of us want JP to start next year, you must face the big possibility that Drew will start another year. Especially if we end up 9-7 or 10-6 this year. The coaches will look at how we should have won Week 1 and 2 and should have been 11-5 or 12-4.

As much as many of us want JP to start next year, you must face the big possibility that Drew will start another year. Especially if we end up 9-7 or 10-6 this year. The coaches will look at how we should have won Week 1 and 2 and should have been 11-5 or 12-4.

136831[/snapback]

I just made that point in another thread. If we finish strong, how can we sit him or let him go for a guy with no experience? I have a very strong feeling that Drew will be our starter next year.

As nice as it would be, we are not likely to Win out the rest of the way, or even go 9-7 this year. There's always that game or 2 that comes up and stings you.

136844[/snapback]

One thing we actually agree on. lol. Miami scares me, because they've looked pretty decent lately.

But the big one is at Cincy. Cincy has just as much MO as we do right now!

One thing we actually agree on.  lol.  Miami scares me, because they've looked pretty decent lately.

But the big one is at Cincy.  Cincy has just as much MO as we do right now!

136847[/snapback]

Miami looked decent lately? Slowly put down the pipe - lol. Miami squeeked out a win against one of the worst teams I have seen in recent memory and got beat by a team that we beat 38-9 ... they dont exactly scare me.

You well may be right. But I will state right now we will not win a superbowl with Bledsoe.

Again it is almost sad to see how pathetic Bills fans have become. How little it takes to please them. 5-6 and possibly 6-6 after this week. Maybe 9-7 if everything goes our way. (Note with the way NE is rolling Pitt will come to town needing a win to get Home field in the playoffs. sorry we get beat even at home)

So maybe 9-7. Then all of a sudden you feel Drew Bledsoe will be reborn and find a way to lead us into the playoffs and a superbowl? Not gonna happen folks. Last time I checked, playoffs...been there done that. AFC Champs, been there done that 4x. SUPERBOWL. That is what the goal should be. Won't ever happen with him at the helm.

any guarentees Losman gets us there? Nope, none at all, but I KNOW it won't happen with Drew. THAT if for no other reason is why I start JP.

BTW...answer me this. How is it after nearly 2.5 years of Bledsoe sucking week in and week out, sans a couple of games here and there, all of a sudden he is the answer? Personally I think you guys are punch drunk with actually having a few wins. It is obvious you are ignoring 3 ints this week giving him more int's than TD's for the season. You are ignoring his collapse against NE and the Ravens. The fact he hasn't LEAD this team since day 1.

but that is what having a Drew Bledsoe does to your team and fans. Just good enough from time to time to make you forget overall he isn't that good at all. Hey don't believe me...the mans career record speaks for it's self. That and the fact he goes down in NE, and unknown 5th round draft pick walks into the same system with the same talent and wins not one...but two superbowls and now something line 26 of the last 27 games. Granted it isn't all brady, but damn...bledsoe goes down and THEN they win superbowls?

But hey, I who am I? Just some dumb old Bills fan that wants to see the team win what matters...a superbowl.

Its not our 5-6 record were OK with. Its the fact that WITH BLEDSOE AS QB, we could easily be 7-4 or 8-3 right now if a few calls had went our way. The DEFENSE lost Bledsoe the game in week 1. The REF's lost Bledsoe the game in week 2. The DEFENSE lost the first Jets game.

So we could be 8-3 if it wasnt for the late touchdown againt Jacksonvillle, the refs stupidity and the late scoring drive in NY.

And heres something you may not know - Bledsoe stays on the sidelines during DEFENSIVE time!

Miami looked decent lately? Slowly put down the pipe - lol. Miami squeeked out a win against one of the worst teams I have seen in recent memory and got beat by a team that we beat 38-9 ... they dont exactly scare me.

136856[/snapback]

OK, dont be such the homer, and try to rationalize this game as if you are a coach.

Let's see here. Early in the year.....they couldn't score at all. But they games were somewhat close. OK, they sucked. But let's look......

Last 6 games......(2-4)

Ummmm.....

20-13 loss AT Buffalo. First game they actually played like the resemble a football team.

31-14 WIN vs. SL. Pretty Good ass kicking huh? Great win for them.

41-14 loss AT NY. OK, but how did we look vs. Balt and NE?

24-23 vs Arizona. Played OK again. Close loss. vs Arizona, but they are improving.

24-17 loss AT Seattle. They were in the driver's seat to win. Should have won.

24-17 win AT SF. Any road win is a good win.

***Miami is definately improving. You should notice also that, Chambers and the TE's name are being mentioned alot lately. They are getting better each week, and while not the Patriots, if their D comes to play at home, they will be a tough win on the road. Period.

If you think Seattle is as bad as they looked today, then you are just a tad over-confident.

Miami is improving, and I wish we could have played this away game earlier in the year!

136831[/snapback]

I posted something about this after the St.Louis game and I think you are right. MM has said flat out that Drew will be the starter as long as the Bills are alive in the playoff hunt. Now, ICE and I agree that the playoffs for this year are already out of the question (even at 10-6) but MM won't admit that (nor would I want him to) until the Bills get loss number 8. So Drew will start this year unless the Bills lose 2 more games.

That being said, it leaves open 2 possible scenarios. I am not saying this is what I would do as a coach but this is what I think MM will do given the following situations:

1) IF the Bills win 9 or 10 games this season: This means JP will not start all year and most likely won't see the field very much at all. It also means that the Bills finished 10-2 or 9-3 after starting out 0-4. That translates into Drew being the starter going into the '05 season. And afterall, why shouldn't he be? You can write off the 0-4 start to numerous factors and MM will want to give Drew another shot with a year of his system under his belt.

2) IF the Bills lose to the Dolphins (or any other AFC team giving them 7 AFC loses and closing the door on the playoffs): JP may not start but will get significant playing time (maybe the 2nd half of games?). This is the most interesting scenario. If JP plays well during this stretch then he may very well win the starting job for '05 right then and there. But, if JP struggles then I feel MM will go into training camp with Drew as his No.1 but will give JP every opportunity to win the job in the preseason.

Just my opinion

no way drew starts next year,we win in spite of him not because of him! last week it was special teams this week defense and willis.i mean who actually thinks drew had a good game?he did throw 3 picks and our d bailed him out.i think once jp is really ready mike mularky opens up the playbook. go bills

no way drew starts next year,we win in spite of him not because of him! last week it was special teams this week defense and willis.i mean who actually thinks drew had a good game?he did throw 3 picks and our d bailed him out.i think once jp is really ready mike mularky opens up the playbook. go bills

137004[/snapback]

But it doesn't matter what we think, it matters what MM thinks. You know?

If the Bills go 10-6 or 9-7 MM will want to BUILD on this season which means giving Drew another shot (even if it is on a short leash). If he hands the reigns over to JP after going 10-6 he would essentially be starting over and destroying all the momentum that was built in 04.

It's a dicey proposition, one which MM won't make I think.

137004[/snapback]

How many points did the defense score this week? And while Willis had 4 TDs, 3 of them were courtesy of our passing game, not our running game! Hell, the guy had 30 yards on one play that was as much a pass as it was a run, and it was set up beautifully by a great fake and throw by Drew.

Yeah, we won in spite of Drew for sure.

Why don't you go hang out with ICE and keep trying to justify your position notwithstanding that our team has gone 5-2 in its last seven games, and were it not for the defense not closing the deal in two of the first 4 games, we could be looking at 6-4 instead of 4-6?

Oh yes, that's right. I am one of the myriad pathetic imbeciles on this board who just doesn't have the depth and insight to get it! LOL! :blush:

136831[/snapback]

No doubt about that daquix. Some people on this board wanted Shane Mathews to start ahead of Bledsoe. I'm glad those guys aren't the head coach of the Bills.

Drew gives us the best chance to win next year....despite what ice says in his pessimistic and imbecilic and pathetic ramblings...JP has 0 experience and starting him would not give this team the best chance to win. How is MM going to "open up the playbook" with a QB from a weak college conference with no proven ability to read defenses? He can't because JP is not polished enough as a passer. Drew definitely begins next season as the starter.

Say what you want but the Bills used a first round pick on Losman for a reason, for him to be thier starting qb. Do you really believe that the Bills management think Drew is the future? How long should a #1 pick sit on the bench? Not very long espeically if what your starting now pretty much adds up to a journeyman caliber qb. Bledsoes starting days are numbered and its a pretty low number at that.