For All The People Who Favor Mayock

H2o

If Clausen looks like another Brady Quinn, it makes me happy, because it clearly shows that your prejudices are distorting your viewpoint.

I have no prejudices, other than the fact I don't have any enthusiasm for this year's QB crop (not sure why it should make you happy, either way :angry:). The video of Clausen's pro day didn't change my opinion of him for the better, as well.

Draft axiom: In the land of Lilliput, the midgets look like Supermen...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so whats your point?

top 10 pick who wont get past 17!

you are not trying to suggest he would be our starter this year are you,because if you are your crazy!

if we dont solve our LT problem we are doomed no matter who plays QB and Rich Gannon said as much multiple times last week on Sirius.

Clauiisen could be a good QB in the NFL some day. we need a LT now. we could get our QB of the future in the second or third round and there would not be a major drop off in talent from clausen. colt McCoy,tebow get my drift.

kirwin compares McCoy to drew brees would you have a problem with that.

my point is clausen is not such a great must have sure thing franchise QB that we have to draft. what we have to have is a LT and if the top 4 are gone @9 i still bet you we dont take clausen.

this team has neglected the lines on both sides of the ball for 5 years,you win in the trenches. this years draft was tailor made for the bills because the strength of this draft is in the trenches. its probably the best in the last 10 years.

you people who want to take question mark QB's,or skill players over linemen are out of your minds!

big people boys,linemen and a lot of them for this years bills draft and we will be a better football team if NIX and Modrak go that way and i believe they will!

You don't think Clausen would be able to beat out Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm? :angry: .............. :D I have no doubt he would.

He's a top talent who MIGHT last that far for the fact of other team's needs.

I agree that we need a LT, but I trust that Nix and Gailey have a list of guys they believe in that are available if the top 3 or 4 OT's are off the board when we pick @ #9 which is highly possible.

Jimmy Clausen >>>>>>> Than Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow, get my drift. :D

There are still 8 picks remaining for us in this draft after the #9 pick which still leaves plenty of choices left to be spent on "big boys".

While I agree on the premise that a dominant NT would be a very big help, I haven't read ANY reviews that suggest

that Dan Williams is one. Based on what I've read, he is maybe a mid-to-late 1st rounder, and then only because

of the low supply of NTs in this year's draft not because he is that good.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingRepo...an-Williams.php

"I like Williams game a lot. He's going to be a great run stuffer in the NFL and his ability to absorb blocker is going to make the players behind him look even better, because he gives them free run at the quarterback. He's going to do exactly what is asked of him. Plug the middle, make tackles on backs and let other palyers get the sacks. He's never going to be a great statistical player, but that's ok. I'd love to gush about Williams, but he's pretty much a lunchpail nose tackle. Not real fast not real athletic, but he's really strong and he's great at his job."

"Reminds me of: Ryan Pickett, DT Green Bay Packers Pickett is the unsung hero of the new Packers new 3-4 defense and although you don't see him in the box score just ask his teammates how good he is. He's done well enough that first round NT BJ Raji has been a non-factor."

http://draftboardinsider.com/cgi-bin/prospect.cgi?id=954

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010danwilliams.php

Dan Williams is the opposite of Whitner - he's this year's Ngata. This year's Whitner is the safety from Texas. If WIlliams is drafted, you should go to bed very happy. Having a dominant presence at NT would be a great thing.

Puhlease. Williams is not even close to Ngata. It would be a joke to force this pick when there are probably AT LEAST 20-25 players of superior talent. But .. alas that is the Bills style. :angry:

I have no prejudices, other than the fact I don't have any enthusiasm for this year's QB crop (not sure why it should make you happy, either way :wallbash:). The video of Clausen's pro day didn't change my opinion of him for the better, as well.

Draft axiom: In the land of Lilliput, the midgets look like Supermen...

Just curious what you base your judgments on. Can't tell a lot on the tape but I found that he got ALL his passes out ON TIME. No easy thing in shorts or facing a rush. And that's WITH a bad toe that still limits his mobility a bit. There was nothing on that tape that diminished his reputation. Nothing at all, IMHO. What did you see specifically?

GO BILLS!!!

The fact that picking a QB early is a bigger risk doesn't mean you should avoid it. Just the opposite. Because picking a QB later is a much much bigger risk, with almost no chance of success, and because you HAVE TO HAVE A FRANCHISE QB TO WIN SUPER BOWLS. Avoiding picking a QB may increase your chance of not getting a bust, but it also decreases your chance of reaching a Super Bowl.

There's only one way to minimize the risk of picking a QB, and that's to get your guy early. And you don't have all that many shots at a franchise QB, so if you have a chance, you take it, because you often won't have another.

If Clausen looks like another Brady Quinn, it makes me happy, because it clearly shows that your prejudices are distorting your viewpoint. Quinn and Clausen are not particularly alike. The stats show it, their personalities show it, there really isn't much in which they ARE alike. Honestly, whenever a guy compares him to Quinn, it shows there's something wrong with their evaluative method. Quinn never even began to have a year like Clausen did this past year, and Clausen did it with ligament injuries in his toe.

Clausen and Quinn do seem to have at least one similar attribute:

Clausen

Quinn

What is it with the recent ND QBs?

[My apologies to all of the ND lovers out there breathlessly wanting the Bills to pick Clausen, but I could not resist]

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingRepo...an-Williams.php

"I like Williams game a lot. He's going to be a great run stuffer in the NFL and his ability to absorb blocker is going to make the players behind him look even better, because he gives them free run at the quarterback. He's going to do exactly what is asked of him. Plug the middle, make tackles on backs and let other palyers get the sacks. He's never going to be a great statistical player, but that's ok. I'd love to gush about Williams, but he's pretty much a lunchpail nose tackle. Not real fast not real athletic, but he's really strong and he's great at his job."

"Reminds me of: Ryan Pickett, DT Green Bay Packers Pickett is the unsung hero of the new Packers new 3-4 defense and although you don't see him in the box score just ask his teammates how good he is. He's done well enough that first round NT BJ Raji has been a non-factor."

http://draftboardinsider.com/cgi-bin/prospect.cgi?id=954

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010danwilliams.php

Kyle Williams = Dan Willams

Edwards<<<<<<<Clausen

'Nuf said!!!!

Um, because the other two are probably the two best players in the draft?? He's also the best NT prospect in the draft according to every evaluation I've read. He's been discussed a ton.

He might be the top-rated NT in the draft, but that doesn't mean that he is worth a top-15 pick. Based on what I've

read by my favorite draft guides (Pr football Weekly and GM Jr), Williams is a "late bloomer" who didn't play particularly

well until his Sr. year and is a marginal 1st round pick mainly because there is such demand for NT and such a short

supply.

Please note that I am not saying that he is bad, just that he is a stretch at the 9th pick.

mayock also is on record as of having the opinion like many other scouts and personnel people in the NFL that this is not a good draft @ the quarterback position.

he states that the top 2 and a few others all come with major question marks.

so if you think that means that he thinks bradford or clausen are franchise QB's then good for you!

Prediction:

Clausen will be there at number 9. I will have a beer in my hand ready to celebrate when Goodell stats uttering, "With the 9th pick in the 2010 draft, the Buffalo Bills select..."

Instead of hearing "Jimmy Clausen" we will hear "Dan Williams".

I’ll get pissed off and my wife, will ask, "who is Dan Williams". I will reply, "Don't really know a lot about him."

I’ll turn off the draft and go to bed pissed off.

It’s going to be Donte Whitner all over again. I can feel it. :doh:

I would subscribe to this notion if Marv were still our GM. But I actually like Nix. He has seen Clausen in person at his pro work out (when's the last time you heard of someone from OBD at a Pro Day?). Nix is going to make a good choice. The first year Nix is here, we miraculously have a pro bowl player that many fans (me included) had never heard of on draft day. (Jairus Byrd? WTF? Who the F is he? F U Dick Jauron! Another DB. CHRIST!)

So, I have more faith in the staff this year than I have had in a LONG time. So I will wait until draft day before I shed a tear :thumbsup: