Where to listen to/watch the draft?

Hey gang!

With draft day just a couple weeks away, I'm starting to wonder...what's my best bet for listening to - or even watching - the draft this year? I don't have cable or satellite, and the only radio I currently have is the one in my car. So...any place to listen to it online? I listened to it on an AM radio back in Rochester a few years ago, but with the new prime time layout, I'm not sure if they're still covering it. Any advice?

Go Bills!

You should move.

At my apartment, the only TV provider (other than OTA reception) is Charter, and their cheapest package that they quoted me is something like $45 a month. Yeah, no. And since I can't get Sunday Ticket, I don't even want to think about next season.

Can't move - going to school out here. It's $100,000 cheaper than the only other school with a similar program, so I've just gotta suck it up and deal with the idea that everyone should own a gun (or five), but no one should be allowed to buy beer. Bizarro town.

At my apartment, the only TV provider (other than OTA reception) is Charter, and their cheapest package that they quoted me is something like $45 a month. Yeah, no. And since I can't get Sunday Ticket, I don't even want to think about next season.

Can't move - going to school out here. It's $100,000 cheaper than the only other school with a similar program, so I've just gotta suck it up and deal with the idea that everyone should own a gun (or five), but no one should be allowed to buy beer. Bizarro town.

barring a move stick you lips around a tail pipe

J##$$ Ch&&st buy a sat radio, find a buddy who actually has joind the 21st century world of cable, find a pub, follow it on NFl.com and on and on

Hey gang!

With draft day just a couple weeks away, I'm starting to wonder...what's my best bet for listening to - or even watching - the draft this year? I don't have cable or satellite, and the only radio I currently have is the one in my car. So...any place to listen to it online? I listened to it on an AM radio back in Rochester a few years ago, but with the new prime time layout, I'm not sure if they're still covering it. Any advice?

Go Bills!

IDEAS:

--------

-Go to a sports bar

-type in WGR550 AM on your search bar on your computers internet site...and the appropriate link should pop up and

if you enter that you will be able to listen to WGR 550 AM Sports station out of Buffalo..It should be on there providing

the Sabres aren't playing a playoff game that night...if so you'll have a bonus and get to listen to that as well...you could

go back and forth if you like.

-You could try ESPN.COM I believe you can listen to the draft live and even watch it as well

- I believe last year I used NFL.COM and watched and listened to the draft on that site as well...

-Most if not all your t.v. viewing will be on cable, so that may not be an option unless your at a friend's house or at a sports

bar...but that doesn't sound like a viable option for you.

-I think your internet options sound like a possible solution..remember NFL.COM, and ESPN.COM should do the trick...and then maybe some supplemental coverage and a "local" perspective on the WGR550 Site.

Hope this helps some! Good luck :thumbsup:

There's only one problem with the "bar" solution, he's in a "dry" town/county most likely. I didn't get what "dry" meant myself until I made the unfortunate mistake of checking into a hotel in "dry" Waxahachie, TX... ie: no bars. This dude is in dire straights it sounds like. :thumbsup:

I think Tony is on the right track. Log onto NFL.com, I'm sure they will stream the draft somehow. Please tell me you aren't using dial-up. If so... you're screwed dude... just follow along here.

Levelland - a dry town about six hours from any city of note. It's a blast...*cough*

Edit - duh, didn't realize you're in Texas. From Houston, I'm about 10 hours NW.

Head to Lubbock and find a sports bar. My son's in school out there. Lovely place. :thumbsup:

or

Since the draft is on NFL network is it likely they'll be streaming?

Since the draft is on NFL network is it likely they'll be streaming?

:thumbsup:

Wow great idea Sherlock!

I think Tony is on the right track. Log onto NFL.com, I'm sure they will stream the draft somehow. Please tell me you aren't using dial-up. If so... you're screwed dude... just follow along here.

What program are you studying just out of curiosity

Guess you haven't found the source of that "stink" in your vehicle yet have you, putz?

(wow this could turn into an epic thread jack... sorry)

putz? nobody uses words like putz anymore.

nobody but putzes & timtebowfanboys.

so, what are you a putz or timtebowfanboy?

Thanks for the tips, guys! I'll probably check the Buffalo broadcast first, just in case they make any breaks for local commentary, but I'll also look into streaming through the NFL or ESPN. I had thought about going to Lubbock (about 30 miles away) and finding a sports bar, but there's no smoking ban in Texas, and cigarette smoke always leaves me feeling like death for a couple of days after any prolonged exposure.

For whoever asked, I'm studying live sound reinforcement. In other words, when you go to a show and see massive speaker arrays - I'll be the guy who decides which speakers to bring to that show, where to put them, and how to get them all wired up to the power amps, crossovers, effects, etc, in the most efficient way possible. Oh yeah, and fix those things when they break.

Levelland - a dry town about six hours from any city of note. It's a blast...*cough*

Head to Lubbock and find a sports bar. My son's in school out there. Lovely place. :thumbsup:

I'm not too far away in NM right now. We'll have to meet up some Sunday for a game! Hard to find Bills fans around here.