Where to listen to/watch the draft?

Hey gang!

With draft day just a couple weeks away, I'm starting to wonder...what's my best bet for listening to - or even watching - the draft this year? I don't have cable or satellite, and the only radio I currently have is the one in my car. So...any place to listen to it online? I listened to it on an AM radio back in Rochester a few years ago, but with the new prime time layout, I'm not sure if they're still covering it. Any advice?

Go Bills!

Try Sirius Online. It is only $2.99 a month and you will get the Sirius NFL Radio and ESPN coverage.

Thanks for the tips, guys! I'll probably check the Buffalo broadcast first, just in case they make any breaks for local commentary, but I'll also look into streaming through the NFL or ESPN. I had thought about going to Lubbock (about 30 miles away) and finding a sports bar, but there's no smoking ban in Texas, and cigarette smoke always leaves me feeling like death for a couple of days after any prolonged exposure.

For whoever asked, I'm studying live sound reinforcement. In other words, when you go to a show and see massive speaker arrays - I'll be the guy who decides which speakers to bring to that show, where to put them, and how to get them all wired up to the power amps, crossovers, effects, etc, in the most efficient way possible. Oh yeah, and fix those things when they break.

Nah, that's not true. It is up to the local area. Lubbock being a happening place probably has a ban. I don't remember ever being bothered by smoke there.

Out where you are in west bumlevelland...probably still have spitoons at the local saloon.

If you are able to get online I'm sure some of the internet broadcast sites (Justin.tv, ustream, channelsurfing) will have links to watch ESPN or NFL Network. I would also guess that ESPN3.com will stream, assuming your internet provider has access to it (I have access via AT&T DSL).

Levelland - a dry town about six hours from any city of note. It's a blast...*cough*

Edit - duh, didn't realize you're in Texas. From Houston, I'm about 10 hours NW.

Jeebuz! I lived in Lubbock in the 80's. I know about Levelland. My heart goes out to you, buddy.

PTR

Head to Lubbock and find a sports bar. My son's in school out there. Lovely place. :thumbsup:

or

Since the draft is on NFL network is it likely they'll be streaming?

Lubbock actually is a pretty cool town. They even had minor league hockey there up until 2007.

PTR

Thanks for the tips, guys! I'll probably check the Buffalo broadcast first, just in case they make any breaks for local commentary, but I'll also look into streaming through the NFL or ESPN. I had thought about going to Lubbock (about 30 miles away) and finding a sports bar, but there's no smoking ban in Texas, and cigarette smoke always leaves me feeling like death for a couple of days after any prolonged exposure.

For whoever asked, I'm studying live sound reinforcement. In other words, when you go to a show and see massive speaker arrays - I'll be the guy who decides which speakers to bring to that show, where to put them, and how to get them all wired up to the power amps, crossovers, effects, etc, in the most efficient way possible. Oh yeah, and fix those things when they break.

South Plains College! The Fightin'....uhh, what is their mascot? A dust devil? A tumbleweed?

EDIT: I just looked it up...the Texans! Wow, they have a college rodeo team! I never seen that before.

PTR

IDEAS:

--------

-You could try ESPN.COM I believe you can listen to the draft live and even watch it as well

- I believe last year I used NFL.COM and watched and listened to the draft on that site as well...

-I think your internet options sound like a possible solution..remember NFL.COM, and ESPN.COM should do the trick...and then maybe some supplemental coverage and a "local" perspective on the WGR550 Site.

Hope this helps some! Good luck :thumbsup:

NFL.com and CBSSports.com run draft trackers, with constant updates. Since this year, the draft is spread out over a couple of days, those sites are appealing to me instead of the tv hoopla.

If you are able to get online I'm sure some of the internet broadcast sites (Justin.tv, ustream, channelsurfing) will have links to watch ESPN or NFL Network. I would also guess that ESPN3.com will stream, assuming your internet provider has access to it (I have access via AT&T DSL).

Guess what else I don't get here?

Yep...ESPN3 is unavailable. The sole broadband provider at my apartment is Clear - a really ****ty wireless option that works great when it actually works...but kind of breaks a lot. And it's possibly the only ISP in the country that ESPN 3 does not work with. Just tried it for the first time a couple of days ago, and it was a no-go.

As for smoking - the first club show I worked out here was like working in a smokestack. Did audio for the Sevendust show, and it was constant smoke from the 9am load-in until I finally had to take off at 10pm. I asked the other audio guys about the bar scene, and they said to expect smoke there as well, so I just haven't bothered.

And to whoever suggested the town may be named for it's geography, I'm going to go ahead and guess that's the case. Makes biking places a lot easier, at least...when the dust isn't blowing at 20-30mph.