Campbell

If they trade for this this loser I become a Jets fan!

:thumbsup: of all the things this franchise has done over the past decade, trading for a servicable veteran qb would put you over the edge?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwards situation wasn't worse. He had the same head coach his entire career. Incompetent HC, but the same HC. Campbell has had three head coaches, and several offensive coordinators too. And Campbell has thrown for far more yards than Trent in their careers with similar adversities. Why is that?

So you're saying having the combo of Jauron and Sheppard/Shonert/AVP is better than Joe Gibbs and his all-star cast of offensive coaches and the previously highly regarded Jim Zorn? Every coordinator the Skins have had was a qualified NFL coach with resumes to boot. We hired and hoped with unqualified disasters as offensive coaches.

Edwards threw for less yards and TDs because he watched TV in the workout room, got hurt often and just didn't play. His %s are nearly the same as Campbell. Why is that?

Guest dog14787
A little more fuel for the fire...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,232069

Notice we're the first team listed.

Any expressed interest in Jason Campbell could be Smoke and mirrors in my opinion,

If we really want Tebow or another high draft pick at the QB position, it does us well for other teams to get a QB via FA and by throwing our name in the hat we boost the credibility of the QB's on the market thus eliminating possible competition on Draft day.

Any expressed interest in Jason Campbell could be Smoke and mirrors in my opinion,

If we really want Tebow or another high draft pick at the QB position, it does us well for other teams to get a QB via FA and by throwing our name in the hat we boost the credibility of the QB's on the market thus eliminating possible competition on Draft day.

Or, it could be legit...way to go out on limb! :blink:

I am thinking the expressed interest in Tebow could be smoke and mirrors...I guess we will find out in the next couple of weeks!

He may be better, but the differences aren't crazy. He's never really lit it up and his completion % and YPC isn't that much higher.

My question is this: Can Campbell be THEE guy? Can he take us deep into the playoffs? If he can't, play with the guys we have until the new guy is ready. I'm in NO hurry to get back to 8-8.

Valid points, but I really think Campbell has shown a steady progression...last season, he was pretty damn good down the stretch...but, yeah, the Skins have had a lot of the same problems that the Bills have had...and he has improved...imagine that...and his teammates love him! I think he has the potential to be a legit starter, on a better team (which we hope the Bills will be) for years, rather than a stop-gap guy. I am not saying he is my favorite option for the Bills, but a good, realistic option. Campbell and Shannahan were a bad match, from what I read of Chan Gailey, he could likely get the most out of Campbell.

Honestly though, why I would rather see Campbell, I am not going to be shocked, or too upset at this point, if Trent Edwards is our starter come opening day, provided he wins the job.

He is the African American version of JP Losman. Stats lie. he fumbles too much, takes horrible sacks, no ability to scramble properly, and a 2 cent brain.

To top it off, Campbell actually has WR's and TE's who know what a hash mark is and how to cross on a pattern.

This is the stupidest thing I've read on here. Congratulations :blink:

I hope not. I could see us picking him up . Skins will no doubt shop him around. Somebody`s reject to us ? Just say NO. :blink:

Haven't you been paying attention? The bills for years have built their AAA minor league team with so-so drafting and "damaged-goods", or "bargain" players no one else wants, straight out of the sale rack at Two Guys. . Campbell would be a perfect fit. Another B- player for a B- franchise. But the stands are filled every Sunday, aren't they? I wish I was Ralph Wilson. Smartest business guy in the league.

I don't think Campbell is necessicarily better than anything we have. He throws a nice deep ball but lacks the quick instincts to find the open guy much like our QB's. He also seems to have a slow release. He's a better than average back up , thats it. Not worth a draft pick, at least not one of ours.

a fine college QB. put him in the Auburn hall of fame and be done with it. end of discussion. Gailey will coach up Edwards limit what he does , and he will be our guy, in my view, like it or not. We will win 4 or 5 games and draft Locker. This is simple.

he's a much better qb than anyone on our roster. fosho

That is saying absolutely NOTHING NewEra. I went to the Bills-Redskins game in DC late in the 2007 season. Campbell was terrible. He was tentative and slow both in foot speed and decision making. If he was so good, why would the Redskins give up two relatively high draft picks to get McNabb who is NOT anywhere close to great anymore?

I would much rather take a chance on Bulger. We would not have to give anything up, and while the guy has been beat up the past few years, he is a pure passer who with a little bit of time can really throw the ball around. A junior Kurt Warner in my estimation. Sign Bulger and draft at least 3 O lineman to team with Wood, Levitre and Green. Next year we can go after our QB of the future.

Edwards situation wasn't worse. He had the same head coach his entire career. Incompetent HC, but the same HC. Campbell has had three head coaches, and several offensive coordinators too. And Campbell has thrown for far more yards than Trent in their careers with similar adversities. Why is that?

Yes Campbell has had some turnover in coaching and Washington has been a dysfunctional franchise during his tenure, but these are just excuses for his shortcomings, which are painfully obvious by now to any observer of the Redskins. His decision maing is poor, he does not perform particualry well under fire, and seems to lack vision on the field. He is almost a carbon copy of JP Losman. There is a reason the Skins are ready to move on. No way we should take their trash. He MAY have slightly more upside than Edwards, but he is not a franchise QB. If he could be signed as a free agent to compete, or be had for a 5th rounder (neither of which are likley) I say bring him in to compete. Otherwise - pass - Tim Grahams smart ass "reporting" not withstanding.

A dead possum is better than Edwards

I have to disagree. Maybe a opossum who has been hit by a car, and lost 3 of 4 legs, might be better than Edwards. But no way is a dead opossum better.

Yes Campbell has had some turnover in coaching and Washington has been a dysfunctional franchise during his tenure, but these are just excuses for his shortcomings, which are painfully obvious by now to any observer of the Redskins. His decision maing is poor, he does not perform particualry well under fire, and seems to lack vision on the field. He is almost a carbon copy of JP Losman. There is a reason the Skins are ready to move on. No way we should take their trash. He MAY have slightly more upside than Edwards, but he is not a franchise QB. If he could be signed as a free agent to compete, or be had for a 5th rounder (neither of which are likley) I say bring him in to compete. Otherwise - pass - Tim Grahams smart ass "reporting" not withstanding.

Thanks - I appreciate an eyewitness opinion. :blink:

It does not matter who the QB is if you can't protect him. This team needs to be rebuilt in the trenches on both sides of the ball first.

Right ... hopefully he will be serviceable so we can use our draft picks to rebuild the lines and not have to use a pick on a QB.

Guest dog14787
Or, it could be legit...way to go out on limb! :blink:

I am thinking the expressed interest in Tebow could be smoke and mirrors...I guess we will find out in the next couple of weeks!

The thought has also crossed my mind.