Tradedown Scenario 1:

Seattle wants CJ Spiller and Derrick Morgan. They take CJ Spiller at #6, and Seattle has a second pick this year at #14. Seattle knows they need to get ahead of Jacksonville at #10. The Bills oblige by switching picks in Round 1 and take Seattle's #14 pick along with their #60 pick.

The resulting draft gives the Bills Trent Williams LT at the #14, and a second pick in RD2.

14 Buffalo Trent Williams LT Oklahoma

41 Buffalo Terrence Cody NT Alabama

60 Buffalo Koa Misi OLB34 Utah

72 Buffalo Jason Fox RT Miami

107 Buffalo Linval Joseph DE34 East Carolina

140 Buffalo Rahim Alem OLB34 LSU

178 Buffalo Shay Hodge WRF Mississippi

192 Buffalo Tony Washington OT Abilene Christian

209 Buffalo Chris Scott OT Tennessee

216 Buffalo Freddie Barnes WRF Bowling Green

Seattle wants CJ Spiller and Derrick Morgan. They take CJ Spiller at #6, and Seattle has a second pick this year at #14. Seattle knows they need to get ahead of Jacksonville at #10. The Bills oblige by switching picks in Round 1 and take Seattle's #14 pick along with their #60 pick.

The resulting draft gives the Bills Trent Williams LT at the #14, and a second pick in RD2.

Not entirely crazy......

linval joseph a 3-4 end? that's hilarious. hes 6'4" and almost 330 lbs. hes a true NT! he isnt athletic enough to play a five technique! you're a bills rep for a draft site and don't know something so simple? wow

linval joseph a 3-4 end? that's hilarious. hes 6'4" and almost 330 lbs. hes a true NT! he isnt athletic enough to play a five technique! you're a bills rep for a draft site and don't know something so simple? wow

What's hilarious is the fact that you didn't even research Linval Joseph beyond his height/weight before commenting. There are plenty of draftniks who believe that Joseph is a 3-4 end. They believe he might not be able to get enough leverage because of his height.

I forgive you. Teams are now looking at Joseph as a potential 3-4 DE rather than NT. He sometimes lined up at DE on passing downs, beating slower college OTs around the edge.

It's interesting how often times positions get pegged for ideal height and weights and then some team comes along and plays good players that don't fit that picture to good results. The Ravens have played Ngata at 3-4 end a fair bit. Also why not play bigger stouter guys at DE in a 3-4 if their main job is to stop the run and get penetration. His ability to move around the line will make him an important part of the rotation this year.

What's hilarious is the fact that you didn't even research Linval Joseph beyond his height/weight before commenting. There are plenty of draftniks who believe that Joseph is a 3-4 end. They believe he might not be able to get enough leverage because of his height.

I could be wrong...but, aren't Nose Tackles supposed to be 6'4 - 6'6 330lbs+?

And, what I think is even more odd is...Freddie Barnes lasting that long. I thought this kid was a baller? A darn good Wide Receiver? I really don't know much about him, and I haven't read up much on him...but you really think he will last til the 7th?

If we could swing getting a decent LT, Tebow, Cody and Toby Gerhart (IF we trade Lynch) or Dexter McCluster (IF we don't)...I would be ecstatic about this year's draft. If I could have those four players mentioned, I would call it an excellent, and my favorite, draft yet. Those would be the faces of this franchise for YEARS to come...

Offense = Tebow, Gerhart/McCluster, Evans, Nelson and Wood.

Defense = POZ, Cody, Maybin, McKelvin and Byrd.

Those would be players to represent this franchise.

you're joking, right?

joseph is viewed by many a scout as a 5-tech. sure, he's got the size that teams look at for a NT, but his strength is moving blockers one-on-one, not using leverage to clog up the middle or handle double teams. he's very similar to Haloti Ngata, who plays 5-tech for Baltimore when they line up in a 3-4 alignment, and shifts to 3-tech when they go to a 4-down front. in fact, I heard NFL Networks' Mike Mayock talk about Joseph yesterday almost exclusively as a 5-tech.

so, while it's possible that joseph would be a NT, you're insinuation that Astro doesn't know his stuff is the truly hilarious thing about this thread.

you're joking, right?

joseph is viewed by many a scout as a 5-tech. sure, he's got the size that teams look at for a NT, but his strength is moving blockers one-on-one, not using leverage to clog up the middle or handle double teams. he's very similar to Haloti Ngata, who plays 5-tech for Baltimore when they line up in a 3-4 alignment, and shifts to 3-tech when they go to a 4-down front. in fact, I heard NFL Networks' Mike Mayock talk about Joseph yesterday almost exclusively as a 5-tech.

so, while it's possible that joseph would be a NT, you're insinuation that Astro doesn't know his stuff is the truly hilarious thing about this thread.

Ngata is exactly who I was thinking about. :wallbash:

I heard Mayock thinks he'll go in the 2nd. I'd buy 3rd round, but most draftniks are saying RD3-4. The wild card is the lack of NT's and the need for them, vs. BPA. Joseph wouldn't be the BPA for, say, the Saints in RD2, but they may pull that trigger.

I like It except I think Tony Washington goes a couple rounds earlier- but man you got to be careful about having the Bills pick Trent Williams I had the Bills taking him in a mock a couple months ago and this draft expert who has his own online site just jumped all over me really ripped me a new one- I'd hate for that to happen to you.

LOVE it...

I like It except I think Tony Washington goes a couple rounds earlier- but man you got to be careful about having the Bills pick Trent Williams I had the Bills taking him in a mock a couple months ago and this draft expert who has his own online site just jumped all over me really ripped me a new one- I'd hate for that to happen to you.

The expert is wrong. Ask him who blocked for Bradford?

Here's how we have them:

1. Russell Okung, Oklahoma State (Top 5)

2. Bryan Bulaga, Iowa (Top 10)

3. Trent Williams, Oklahoma (Top 15---the location of the NY Giants, who take him if Buffalo or SF don't)

4. Anthony Davis, Rutgers (1st)

5. Bruce Campbell, Maryland (Late 1st-Early 2nd)

6. Charles Brown, USC (Late 1st-Early 2nd)

7. Rodger Saffold, Indiana (2nd)

8. Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale (2nd-3rd)

9. Jason Fox, Miami (3rd-4th)

The expert is wrong. Ask him who blocked for Bradford?

Here's how we have them:

1. Russell Okung, Oklahoma State (Top 5)

2. Bryan Bulaga, Iowa (Top 10)

3. Trent Williams, Oklahoma (Top 15---the location of the NY Giants, who take him if Buffalo or SF don't)

4. Anthony Davis, Rutgers (1st)

5. Bruce Campbell, Maryland (Late 1st-Early 2nd)

6. Charles Brown, USC (Late 1st-Early 2nd)

7. Rodger Saffold, Indiana (2nd)

8. Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale (2nd-3rd)

9. Jason Fox, Miami (3rd-4th)

really? ok who blocked for Bradford?

that scenario seems perfectly plausible. however, i can now see Clausen dropping if the Browns don't take him. the Bills could still grab him at #14, either a LT like Brown, Ducasse or Saffold OR their NT in Cody at #41, then fill the other hole at #60 with either Veldheer or Cam Thomas.

that is a good one. I like that you keep adding o lineman late they need a bunch

you're and ass. wow

I like the trade down for an extra pick :wallbash: and the positions drafted. The actual players? That I'll have to leave to you draftniks. <_<

I would really like to see the Bills draft a QB...whether it be Tebow/McCoy/Skelton/Pike/Brown don't matter...Fill the holes first, then gamble on a QB.

Make it happen Astro.

I see 4 tackles being taken but no guards or centers, these areas should be addresses since we were somewhat weak at these positions with very little depth. We need to get bigger and stronger where Levitre and Hangartner play. They were constantly beaten up the middle last year.