1. 1. Which team do you follow?

• Yankees
    • Red Sox
    • Other

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankees fan since I was a kid. I just got some great news. I'm going back up to Buffalo for a July 24th wedding. I already planned on stopping in Cleveland for a day/night to check out the rock-n-roll HOF. I decided to see if the Indians would be in town at the time and check out a MLB game. Never been to one. It turns out that the Yankees are in town for a 4 game stand from the 26th to the 29th!!! How sweet is that!?!? I'm buying my tickets tonight!

Yankees fan since I was a kid. I just got some great news. I'm going back up to Buffalo for a July 24th wedding. I already planned on stopping in Cleveland for a day/night to check out the rock-n-roll HOF. I decided to see if the Indians would be in town at the time and check out a MLB game. Never been to one. It turns out that the Yankees are in town for a 4 game stand from the 26th to the 29th!!! How sweet is that!?!? I'm buying my tickets tonight!

:thumbsup:

I'm going to two games in Cleveland. We go to that series every year. Great stadium. Always a good time.

:thumbsup:

I'm going to two games in Cleveland. We go to that series every year. Great stadium. Always a good time.

Just printed my tickets. Wed. 7/28 section 150 row EE seats 1-3, gotta be on the aisle for those beer/bathroom runs :lol: . I'm so psyched. I'm almost 40 and never been to a Major League game. It's going to be great. I hope I get a good weather night.

Since you go to that series often, how is the treatment of the visiting team's fans? I definitely plan on wearing Yankees gear. It can't be like being a Cowboys fan at an Eagles game, can it? :flirt:

Just printed my tickets. Wed. 7/28 section 150 row EE seats 1-3, gotta be on the aisle for those beer/bathroom runs :flirt: . I'm so psyched. I'm almost 40 and never been to a Major League game. It's going to be great. I hope I get a good weather night.

Since you go to that series often, how is the treatment of the visiting team's fans? I definitely plan on wearing Yankees gear. It can't be like being a Cowboys fan at an Eagles game, can it? :thumbsup:

Every time I see a Cleveland/NYY game on TV, it seems like there are a ton of Yankee fans in the crowd. You should be fine.

Heyward homers in his first Major League AB for the Braves, This guy is going to be fun to watch this year!

Fug yeah, Dorkula!!!

This guy will do for us at the plate what Andruw and Frenchie were supposed to do, but never did. Although Andruw did have flashes and a few good seasons, he never became the complete player I hoped he would. Heyward may not be the fielder that Andruw was, but how many are? This guy is a beast, and on top of that he's supposedly VERY smart. I like that combination. I'm planning to head out to Turner Field several times this year just because of this guy.

And the best news of all is that we have a pitching staff that can get the job done from starter to closer AND in between! The bullpen should be very solid this year, and if today is any indication of what Wagner has in store for the 9th innings this season, we're in for a treat.

Let's get one more for Bobby!!

Just printed my tickets. Wed. 7/28 section 150 row EE seats 1-3, gotta be on the aisle for those beer/bathroom runs :thumbsup: . I'm so psyched. I'm almost 40 and never been to a Major League game. It's going to be great. I hope I get a good weather night.

Since you go to that series often, how is the treatment of the visiting team's fans? I definitely plan on wearing Yankees gear. It can't be like being a Cowboys fan at an Eagles game, can it? :blink:

Definitely wear your Yankees gear. It is mostly Yankee fans, as Levi pointed out. I've never really noticed any significant heckling when I've gone. Honestly, they have no reason to harass fans of the WS Champions, right? :thumbsup: I hope you have a great time.

Definitely wear your Yankees gear. It is mostly Yankee fans, as Levi pointed out. I've never really noticed any significant heckling when I've gone. Honestly, they have no reason to harass fans of the WS Champions, right? :blink:I hope you have a great time.

Thanx, I'm sure I will. And

GO YANKEES !!!

I'll admit they were a great story in 2004. As a Yankees fan, I wanted them to lose the series. As a baseball fan, it was a great moment.

I think a lot of the Sox fans you see today are still residue from that 04 season.

See I don't really think that. For some reason it was always cool to be a Sox fan even pre-04.

Yah, they had a rough history up until then. So do a lot of teams. Yah, they have loyal/diehard fans. So do a lot of teams. Yah, the Fisk HR was a great moment in what was ultimately a losing effort. Lots of franchises have those too and those moments aren't celebrated as much by espn. Yah, Buckner was a tough one. And again, there's no pity party for most franchises when something goes wrong in a tie game ie the championship was not in the bag.

I don't even like the Yankees but I will root for them in that rivalry every time. I guess the Patriots just sort of made me hate Boston. That, and pretty much any person who has ever been on tv from Boston seems to be a giant D'bag.