• Other

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankee fans not from NYC/Tri-state area = Dallas Cowboy fans not from Texas

"They were always on TV when I grew up!"

/Science

I'm not going to apologize for being a Yankees fan from Buffalo. My Dad and his family grew up around NYC as huge Yankees fans, before he moved to Buffalo for work. I've been decked out in Yankees attire since I was born and raised to be a fan. I consider it part of my family tradition even if we're not planted in the NYC region.

I became a real fan as a 6 year in 1995 (in that I was actually old enough to understand the rules), and still remember the 1996 season like it was yesterday, right down to Charlie Hayes squeezing the last out.

It's part of my blood, just like the Bills and the Sabres. If my hypothetical wife is alright with it, I'm naming my first son Jorge Posada Sage. I'm no bandwagoner, like you seem to imply with your post.

LET'S GO YANKEES, KILL THE SOX!!!!!!

Yankee fans not from NYC/Tri-state area = Dallas Cowboy fans not from Texas

"They were always on TV when I grew up!"

/Science

So the Cowboys get all of Texas but the Yankees only get a 20 mile radius of true fans. Hmm....

Enlighten us: which team is appropriate for an upstate NY baseball fan?

I'm not going to apologize for being a Yankees fan from Buffalo. My Dad and his family grew up around NYC as huge Yankees fans, before he moved to Buffalo for work. I've been decked out in Yankees attire since I was born and raised to be a fan. I consider it part of my family tradition even if we're not planted in the NYC region.

I became a real fan as a 6 year in 1995 (in that I was actually old enough to understand the rules), and still remember the 1996 season like it was yesterday, right down to Charlie Hayes squeezing the last out.

It's part of my blood, just like the Bills and the Sabres. If my hypothetical wife is alright with it, I'm naming my first son Jorge Posada Sage. I'm no bandwagoner, like you seem to imply with your post.

LET'S GO YANKEES, KILL THE SOX!!!!!!

I'm not implying anything. I'm saying right out loud. :wallbash:

However, you and anyone born after 1986 is exempt from my front-running opinion. I tend to forget that there are a number of kids running around OTW. However, it's too bad you didn't have to endure those bad Yankee squads that Donny Baseball headed. But the Bills/Sabres are probably enough to toughen your mettle.

Braves will unleash rookie sensation Jason Heyward on the rest of the unsuspecting MLB East, and then the WORLD!!!

Braves will unleash rookie sensation Jason Heyward on the rest of the unsuspecting MLB East, and then the WORLD!!!

MLB East!?! Really AJ? This is why people laugh at ATL fans.

j/k :wallbash:

BTW, we know he's coming. Dude is a friggin' monster. The Braves are going to be big this year assuming that staff stands up (and there's no reason to think they won't).

MLB East!?! Really AJ? This is why people laugh at ATL fans.

j/k :wallbash:

BTW, we know he's coming. Dude is a friggin' monster. The Braves are going to be big this year assuming that staff stands up (and there's no reason to think they won't).

Well...uh...I meant that the yanks and Redsox play in the east, and since everyone has a boner for them and they'lll likely rep the American league in the series, I can't limit it to NL east! <_<

And I agree about the rotation....I think we finally have the right combination of youngsters and HEALTHY vets. Lowe, Huddy, Hanson, Juergens...we're already playoff ready! And being Bobby's last hurrah, I expect my Bravos to really make a run.

Go Pirates...I also enjoy kicks in the nads

Saw my first game in the 'Burgh back in '79. Still remember the top half the 1st inning: Rose K, McBride K, Schmidt HR to left, Luzinski, K. Feast or famine with Bruce Kison dealing. :wallbash:

Saw my first game in the 'Burgh back in '79. Still remember the top half the 1st inning: Rose K, McBride K, Schmidt HR to left, Luzinski, K. Feast or famine with Bruce Kison dealing. :wallbash:

Have you been to the Pirates new house, PNC Park? I went a couple seasons ago for an interleague game against the Yanks. Most gorgeous stadium I've been to in my life. Too bad the Buccos have to play there.

Have you been to the Pirates new house, PNC Park? I went a couple seasons ago for an interleague game against the Yanks. Most gorgeous stadium I've been to in my life. Too bad the Buccos have to play there.

Never been, but everyone I've talked to has the same impression as your's. Too bad all my Pittsburgh buddies are "marriedwithchildren", otherwise I'd demand to crash and see a game.

/Sucksgettingold

Now I live in Charlotte. Saw the White Sox here on Thursday vs AAA Knights. Nice, but not the same as living in a big league city*.

*(Jeeze, did I just call South Florida a "Big League City"?) :wallbash: