Marshawn Lynch

Hopefully this will be enough motivation for numnutz to have a career year in 2010.

Also, regarding the OT rule change I found this evolving statistic on successful FG % between 40-49 yards eye-popping:

"Fast forward to today's game. Over the past four seasons, NFL place-kickers have averaged 73 percent from 40 to 49 yards..."

Of course, this means that, if SB XXV had only been played today, we win. :thumbsup:

Hopefully this will be enough motivation for numnutz to have a career year in 2010.

I used to be all about trading Lynch now but I've come around to hoping he has a bounce back season which revives his trade value for next years offseason.

In my best AOL voice *GOODBYE.

Seriously though this article states what a lot have been saying on this board for quite a while- Lynch isn't going to garner a pick high enough to justify the trade. The Bills would be very lucky to get even that 4th simply because there has to be more then one team that would be interested. I say that if the Bills do find a dancing partner it'll be for a 5th and a conditional next year. One thing I do think is that given Lynch's history and current issue(s) that a conditional pick may be the best we can do. I like Lynch and I want him here but each time something happens-no matter how small it may be- he shows that he may not be the guy for us. Send him to Oakland he'll be happier out there(maybe we could just swap him for Bush-I like that idea, then we could have Brohm, Bush and Wood)<-----There's a joke there somewhere.

Sounds about right. Its easy to see why he doesn't want to be here. He sits behind a 30 year old former D3/Arena player. He's not allowed in most of the bars/clubs on Chippewa st., the cops are keeping a close eye on him. Its like the Jason Peters situation but nobody wants him. Were both screwed.

Yeah, well considering his off field dumbass antics, potential for a major suspension if he hasn't learned his lesson and general lack of production last year, I wouldn't be throwing chairs at the TV if he got traded.

Do not put it past this team, IF the top OTs are gone before #9, to pick up Spiller.

RBs come and RBs go every year. Nix isn't the type to fall so in love with a player that he ignores the positions of need a lot higher than RB.

What I could see is a trade down with a playoff team that would love a Spiller and give us another second round pick to play with.

RBs come and RBs go every year. Nix isn't the type to fall so in love with a player that he ignores the positions of need a lot higher than RB.

What I could see is a trade down with a playoff team that would love a Spiller and give us another second round pick to play with.

Boy, that would be my dream. We know that some player of value to another team would be there at #9. If it's of value to them and not us, do the tradedown and take the RD2 pick.

Spiller would make me pause a bit before doing a tradedown, but in the end I know that I have to come out of RD3 with a LT, NT and either a QB or LB. I make that trade.

Lynch could be one of the best RBs in the league, the problem is he wants everything handed to him on a silver platter. If he had the motivation Jackson had, being the underdog, having to prove himself in every aspect, he'd gain 1600 yards a year. Jackson just wants it more, beast mode is turning it in and thinking the bills will trade him to a place with more apple bees and dave and busters. If only he had a little more Buster Douglas and Dave Concepcion in him.

You think a guy who is not known for being dedicated to his job or a great team mate that wants to be traded would show up. The Bills have no interest in trading him now so he should be actively *trying* to increase his value.

He'll be cut next year and will end up at some team's training camp and out of the NFL the next year.

Sounds about right. Its easy to see why he doesn't want to be here. He sits behind a 30 year old former D3/Arena player. He's not allowed in most of the bars/clubs on Chippewa st., the cops are keeping a close eye on him. Its like the Jason Peters situation but nobody wants him. Were both screwed.

Ofcourse the cops are keeping a close eye on him, look at what he has done since he has been here. He is going to have to live with that everyday now. He made his bed, now he has to sleep in it.

As a brother I understand. I live in the hood and work in Amherst at night. Every time I get into the town a cop car rolls past me EVERYDAY. I have come to expect that and its not surprising too so I have come to terms with it even thought I hate it .

If Marshawn can keep his head on straight and realize that there is nothing he can do to change the fact that the popo is gonna be on his ass and accept that he will be ok.

So far this offseason he has done nothing to put himself in the papers. So maybe he learned his lesson, although he learned the hard way. Lets hope he continues this. I like the guy and it would hurt the team more if he was not here. The kid has talent. He if can continue to stay straight maybe he can earn his job back because he has the talent to do so.

I expect both Nix and Gailey have told him by now everybody has a clean start. I for one is routing for him to come back strong because we need 2 backs.

And this is how stories like this gain campfire BS traction...

Mark Gaughan:

"Running back Marshawn Lynch has not yet shown up for offseason conditioning workouts with the Buffalo Bills. He lost his starting job last season to Fred Jackson. He has had run-ins with the law in Buffalo. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he would not mind finding a new NFL home with some other team. Has he demanded a trade? I don't know. His agent has not returned calls from The Buffalo News. But word within the locker room is he would not be disappointed at all if he were shipped elsewhere."

Sports Illustrated (citing Gaughan's article):

"06:38 AM ET 04.04 | Marshawn Lynch has made it very clear that he wants out of Buffalo. But the running back has lost every ounce of trade value he had in losing his starting job to Fred Jackson and having further problems off the field that run the risk of a lengthy suspension if it happens again. Lynch has not participated in the Bills' offseason workouts, and its no secret around the lockerroom that he is interested in being shipped elsewhere. It's not clear if Buffalo is actively seeking out trade partners, but any offers it has received are probably not especially enticing."

Internet reporting at it's finest...

Yeah, well considering his off field dumbass antics, potential for a major suspension if he hasn't learned his lesson and general lack of production last year, I wouldn't be throwing chairs at the TV if he got traded.

i would...he's a very very good runningback. they just need to get him a chapperone...im not kidding about that at all either.

i would...he's a very very good runningback. they just need to get him a chapperone...im not kidding about that at all either.

His Momma promised us it was all a misunderstanding when he was drafted and he was a good momma's boy. Maybe she can put his money where her mouth is and chaperone him for us.

In my best AOL voice *GOODBYE.

Seriously though this article states what a lot have been saying on this board for quite a while- Lynch isn't going to garner a pick high enough to justify the trade. The Bills would be very lucky to get even that 4th simply because there has to be more then one team that would be interested. I say that if the Bills do find a dancing partner it'll be for a 5th and a conditional next year. One thing I do think is that given Lynch's history and current issue(s) that a conditional pick may be the best we can do. I like Lynch and I want him here but each time something happens-no matter how small it may be- he shows that he may not be the guy for us. Send him to Oakland he'll be happier out there(maybe we could just swap him for Bush-I like that idea, then we could have Brohm, Bush and Wood)<-----There's a joke there somewhere.

Michael Bush is not only the best RB in Oak, but he would be the best RB on this roster and is better than Lynch. McFadden gets PT only because of his contract, much like Al wants to stick with J. Russell, but Bush is better than McFadden and I would take him in a heartbeat. Not only does he have speed and power, but he can catch too. Freddie and Bush would be a lethal tandem...

Too bad this trade will never happen. Why would Al trade for a RB when the one he has is already better and doesnt have all the baggage? Then again, its Al Davis...so who knows.

And this is how stories like this gain campfire BS traction...

Mark Gaughan:

"Running back Marshawn Lynch has not yet shown up for offseason conditioning workouts with the Buffalo Bills. He lost his starting job last season to Fred Jackson. He has had run-ins with the law in Buffalo. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he would not mind finding a new NFL home with some other team. Has he demanded a trade? I don't know. His agent has not returned calls from The Buffalo News. But word within the locker room is he would not be disappointed at all if he were shipped elsewhere."

Sports Illustrated (citing Gaughan's article):

"06:38 AM ET 04.04 | Marshawn Lynch has made it very clear that he wants out of Buffalo. But the running back has lost every ounce of trade value he had in losing his starting job to Fred Jackson and having further problems off the field that run the risk of a lengthy suspension if it happens again. Lynch has not participated in the Bills' offseason workouts, and its no secret around the lockerroom that he is interested in being shipped elsewhere. It's not clear if Buffalo is actively seeking out trade partners, but any offers it has received are probably not especially enticing."

Internet reporting at it's finest...

Nice.