Chris Brown Blog on Rogers having to change his delivery

This is the most terrifying article I've ever read in my life.

For real.

Since Brown is pretty much a mouthpiece for the front office, I really hope this article isn't meant to whet our appetites for a Tebow pick in the second round.

Please God. No.

For real.

Since Brown is pretty much a mouthpiece for the front office, I really hope this article isn't meant to whet our appetites for a Tebow pick in the second round.

Please God. No.

At this point in the offseason, it's CB's job to keep the dialogue going. Want people to think/argue about the Bills? Talk about Tim Tebow and the "possibility" of drafting him.

Rodgers was a pocket passer with good accuracy at every level of the field. Tebow struggles with reading defenses, hitting receivers in stride, and going through his progressions. Rodgers didn't have Tebow's intangibles, or his college record, but since when does leadership get the ball into your WR's hands?

Rodgers was a pocket passer with good accuracy at every level of the field. Tebow struggles with reading defenses, hitting receivers in stride, and going through his progressions. Rodgers didn't have Tebow's intangibles, or his college record, but since when does leadership get the ball into your WR's hands?

It doesn't.

And the best "intangible" that Tebow had was a dominating Florida defense. Dude is the second coming of Eric Crouch.

Have you even looked at Tebow's stats? The kid has completed one hell of a lot of passes.

For real.

Please God. No.

If this freaks you out, then you didn't see the other recent blog post by Brown, in which he said that he would not take Tebow in either round one or two. He said that they have too many needs. So if he is a mouth piece, he's doing a pretty good job of presenting both sides.

For real.

Please God. No.

All things considered...2nd rounder would not be a bad place to try him...could he be any worse than some of our other 2nd rounders?

If this freaks you out, then you didn't see the other recent blog post by Brown, in which he said that he would not take Tebow in either round one or two. He said that they have too many needs. So if he is a mouth piece, he's doing a pretty good job of presenting both sides.

Brown is part of the spin machine, and every NFL team this time of year is trying to fool the others. CB just happens to be another instrument of deceit, which is fair given how close teams guard their coveted player lists. He has a job to do, and it fits with the bigger vision. No more, no less.

I'll tell you why I've come around on the Tebow thing. I still don't want to take him at 9, but trading down or even trading up with our 2nd to grab him? That would be genius.

Have you guys even stopped to consider the risk/reward with this guy? So we draft him with our 2nd pick, he doesn't work out, no big deal...we've been there plenty of times before. But if the guy DOES work out and can function as a legit NFL QB, do you realize the impact it would have on our fan base? We already have more fans around the country than people give us credit for....I live in SEC country and I know first hand the level of rock star that Tebow really is. I understand that his bible verse quoting and all that is a much better fit down here than it would be in other places, but I love it when we make a legit move that brings our franchise national attention. I've not lived in NYS since 1997 so I relish the times when I get to see everyone talking about my Bills. Gonna sign TO for a year? GREAT! Keeps us on the map in and in the conversation for another year.

I say get an impact player in rd 1, and then make it the Tebow show. All eyes on B-lo, baby!!!!

Have you guys even stopped to consider the risk/reward with this guy? So we draft him with our 2nd pick, he doesn't work out, no big deal...we've been there plenty of times before.

And as a result of 'being there plenty of times before' by throwing away high draft picks on garbage players, this team has sucked balls for ten years and counting.

:wallbash:

For real.

Please God. No.

Fear not, TGreg... they're wheting our appetites for a Tebow pick at #9

Shallow analysis by Brown, but then again, he didn't devote a lot of print on the subject.

I think the argument that Aaron Rodgers' successful change in his throwing motion is proof that Tim Tebow can successfully change his throwing motion is a weak argument.

Aaron Rodgers was coached by Jeff Tedford at Cal. This is significant for two reasons.

Firstly, Tedford has been coaching a pro-style offense at Cal. His quarterbacks are pro ready as they have great experience playing in a pro system. This doesn't mean they'll be great pros but only that Tedford's QBs (like Charlie Weis' QBs at Notre Dame) should have an easier transition to the NFL than a QB who played his entire career in a spread offense.

Secondly, Tedford is known as an excellent QB coach from a technique standpoint. He coached future NFL first round quarterbacks Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, and Aaron Rodgers. Tedford also coached future NFL QBs Billy Volek and A.J. Feeley.

If there's a criticism of the "Tedford style," it's that his QBs hold the ball too high. Tebow holds the ball way too low.

So there's two reasons right there that the Rodgers/Tebow comparison is shallow and virtually meaningless.

Throw in the fact that Aaron Rodgers' throwing motion coming out of Cal was nowhere near as bad as Tebow's was at the end of his Florida career. Rodgers slightly tweaked his throwing motion. Tebow's delivery needs a complete overhaul.

Throw in the additional fact (as others have pointed out) that Rodgers had 4 years as an understudy to learn the Green Bay system, observe a future Hall of Fame quarterback, and modify his throwing motion.

I don't really know if Tim Tebow (or Jimmy Clausen for that matter) will become a star QB in the NFL. Evaluating the NFL potential of college quarterbacks is something that even the experts are often wrong about.

But I think the idea posited by Brown and others that Rodgers' success may alleviate concerns about Tebow's throwing motion is very weak.

For real.

Please God. No.

not sure why the angst over a Tebow pick

the clown show at OBD has already proven conclusively over the last decade that the odds are extremely high that they will blow the top picks taking traditional selections

why not roll the dice on the possibility of lighting in a bottle

For real.

Please God. No.

It's gonna happen unless the Bills draft Clausen in the first.

I hate it mind you, but it is gonna happen.

At this point in the offseason, it's CB's job to keep the dialogue going. Want people to think/argue about the Bills? Talk about Tim Tebow and the "possibility" of drafting him.

I'm sure that's the truth. But the paranoid side of my brain worries that it's an article ordered by the front office to get the fans excited about Tebow ...

But I'm just paranoid.