Would the Bills Trade Down ?

Owen

I believe their is a good possibility the Bills could trade down in the first round. Draft Tebow with their new 1st round pick and pick up an additional pick in the process... They could then trade up using their 2nd round pick and the new additional pick to select a hot player of their choice. The possibilities are endless...

If they do not trade down I still would like them to draft OT Brian Bulaga, OT Trent Williams or DT Dan Williams in the forst round. They would find it hard to pass one of them up. Right now I would say do not draft QB Clausen. If he is available maybe some other team would want to trade up for him ? Tebow would be a great addition for the team, but I feel others may feel the same way before the Bills have a chance to select him in the 2nd round. New England for instance is loaded with 2nd round picks and has a 1st they could use for him if they feel he is that good. He probably is...

Just say no to Tebow. I am sure every team including the Rams would like to trade down. You need a partner. You just can't use your hand....

in at least 3 of the last 5 years the GM's for us have mentioned they have had calls for our spot. I guarantee teams will be wanting up to #9 for someone. I hope we get a trade or TWO to move down.

in at least 3 of the last 5 years the GM's for us have mentioned they have had calls for our spot. I guarantee teams will be wanting up to #9 for someone. I hope we get a trade or TWO to move down.

Yeah and we had over 50 calls for the head coach opening and wound up with Chan Gailey.

Just say no to Tebow. I am sure every team including the Rams would like to trade down. You need a partner. You just can't use your hand....

If the Bills say no to Tebow, I do hope they draft Clausen, McCoy or even Pike this year.

There's been a lot of talk on this board about trading down and I don't subscribe to that viewpoint. There will be a great player available with the #9 pick in this years draft. No need to move down.

Yes there will but there will be a great player at 12 or 15 and adding a second round pick next year or a third this year is more important. This team is multiple players away from the playoffs.

They may have had calls, but were they realistic offers or just teams testing the waters? We know they had a tremendous offer from Denver, who wanted to move up to take Cutler the year he was available. But we were afraid Whitner wouldn't be there four spots later, so we turned them down.

Sigh.

If they don't, they should trade up. Or stay where they are.

Someone a couple days ago suggested that this could be the year for the Bills to pull out the seldom used but nearly always successful lateral trade. It is unconventional, but we are in need of change.

i would trade down as often as possible. The entire draft is a crap shoot. it doesnt matter if you pick in the top 5 or in the mid-twenties, the chances of finding a guy who will become a pro-bowler is ENTIRELY dependent on your scouting department. Let them evaluate, and create their list, then trade down two or even three times, and get as many guys on that list as we can. I would rather have a 1st rd pick around 25-30, and 3-4 2nd round picks. This team needs more than 1 or 2 players selected at 9 and 41.

i mean, isnt that why we wanted football men in the front office? Nix is known for stocking the team through the draft, in ALL rounds. So lets get the guy more picks by moving down. Dont give away valuable 2nd and third rounders to move up! thats silly IMO.