Chan Gailey's Playoff Streak

F UNC

"Return we didn't see coming, coach -- Chan Gailey last year couldn't even keep his job as the Chiefs offensive coordinator through August. Now he's the new head coach in Buffalo, and back in the 32-man club he left after the 1999 season in Dallas. Then again, how many guys can say they've never missed the playoffs in their entire NFL head coaching career?"

:ph34r:

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ....html?eref=sihp

"Return we didn't see coming, coach -- Chan Gailey last year couldn't even keep his job as the Chiefs offensive coordinator through August. Now he's the new head coach in Buffalo, and back in the 32-man club he left after the 1999 season in Dallas. Then again, how many guys can say they've never missed the playoffs in their entire NFL head coaching career?"

Geterdone Chan.

Looks like his "streak" ends at two. But there's always that number one pick for the 2011 draft, right, ever-patient loyal Bills fans? I love how the guy can get up in front of premium seat holders and hoot and holler about the Bills improving this season, when his "buddy", Buddy, hasn't signed anyone with a "lick" of talent through the first month of free agency. Good luck "coachin' em up", Chan and staff. In the end, it is always the same old story, you need talent to win and make the playoffs in the NFL, and up till now, the Bills still have the least amount of overall talent in the AFC East. And I don't see them having more overall talent then all but 5 other teams in the AFC, so how exactly does ol' Chan "get 'em into them there playoffs this year??" :w00t:

Looks like his "streak" ends at two. But there's always that number one pick for the 2011 draft, right, ever-patient loyal Bills fans? I love how the guy can get up in front of premium seat holders and hoot and holler about the Bills improving this season, when his "buddy", Buddy, hasn't signed anyone with a "lick" of talent through the first month of free agency. Good luck "coachin' em up", Chan and staff. In the end, it is always the same old story, you need talent to win and make the playoffs in the NFL, and up till now, the Bills still have the least amount of overall talent in the AFC East. And I don't see them having more overall talent then all but 5 other teams in the AFC, so how exactly does ol' Chan "get 'em into them there playoffs this year??" :ph34r:

I hope this is sarcasm.

Looks like his "streak" ends at two. But there's always that number one pick for the 2011 draft, right, ever-patient loyal Bills fans? I love how the guy can get up in front of premium seat holders and hoot and holler about the Bills improving this season, when his "buddy", Buddy, hasn't signed anyone with a "lick" of talent through the first month of free agency. Good luck "coachin' em up", Chan and staff. In the end, it is always the same old story, you need talent to win and make the playoffs in the NFL, and up till now, the Bills still have the least amount of overall talent in the AFC East. And I don't see them having more overall talent then all but 5 other teams in the AFC, so how exactly does ol' Chan "get 'em into them there playoffs this year??" :thumbsup:

I Hate You....

I Hate You....

You hate me? Why not just prove me wrong then? I've been a life long Bills fan since the late 60's. Have you? I Cheered for O.J. and his Electric Company and young Fergy, long before the Juice took up cocaine, got away with murder and finally ended up in prison for breaking and entering anyway. I Cheered Chuck Knox and his great defenses. Cheered for Marv and Jimbo and Polians' greatest teams in Bills' history. Cheered for John Butlers' post SB teams that still made the playoffs with Flutie and Moulds. More importantly, I put up with and still went out and cheered for the bad teams in between all those good ones. I went to my first Bills game in 1968 at the real Rock Pile at Best and Genesee. My family had seasons from 1973 to 1985, then I bought my own seasons from 1986 to 1999.

So after all those years of being nothing less then a loyal and dedicated Buffalo Bills fan, along came 2000, and Tom freaking Donahoe. Ten seasons later we now have Buddy Nix, and have not been to the playoffs since the Music City Miraculous Forward Lateral. You hate me? Fine. I hate the fact that I've been a Bills fan for so long, and I have never had to go 10 years without seeing them in the playoffs. So I'm cynical, to say the least. But if Nix would have signed Antonio Bryant instead of Chad Jackson, I would have given him profs. Andra Davis was a nice pick up, I'll give him that much.

But I still think Gailey is dreaming if he thinks he can coach this team into the playoffs this year. :thumbsup:

I can not understand how some people like Chan Gailey. You know how many other NFL fans laugh at us, even pity us for getting Chan? :thumbsup:

Not only do more then just "some" people out here like Chan, but they talk him up like he's Bill Walsh and his offensive prowess will take the Bills directly to the playoffs this season. I guess I can't blame people for being hopeful and wanting to give Gailey a chance to succeed or fail.

But I think the guy is just like Jauron, who was just like Gregg Williams. (Too bad Mularkey decided to quit on Levy, he was the one guy who coached the Bills to a winning record and came within one loss of making the playoffs in '04!) All three brought in inexperienced coordiantors who used to coach with them in the past, and I really don't understand Gailey telling us he would be running the offense and yet still hiring the required inexperienced offensive coordinator on top of that. So what exactly will Curtis Modkins be doing this season? I don't know, but his title is OC.

So I'm not impressed with Gailey's staff, and reality tells me he won't even sniff the playoffs this year. And that's too bad, because almost every year one or more teams go from worst to first over one offseason. After 10 years without playoffs, I thought it would not be asking too much for Buffalo to be one of those teams in 2010.

You hate me? Why not just prove me wrong then? I've been a life long Bills fan since the late 60's. Have you? I Cheered for O.J. and his Electric Company and young Fergy, long before the Juice took up cocaine, got away with murder and finally ended up in prison for breaking and entering anyway. I Cheered Chuck Knox and his great defenses. Cheered for Marv and Jimbo and Polians' greatest teams in Bills' history. Cheered for John Butlers' post SB teams that still made the playoffs with Flutie and Moulds. More importantly, I put up with and still went out and cheered for the bad teams in between all those good ones. I went to my first Bills game in 1968 at the real Rock Pile at Best and Genesee. My family had seasons from 1973 to 1985, then I bought my own seasons from 1986 to 1999.

So after all those years of being nothing less then a loyal and dedicated Buffalo Bills fan, along came 2000, and Tom freaking Donahoe. Ten seasons later we now have Buddy Nix, and have not been to the playoffs since the Music City Miraculous Forward Lateral. You hate me? Fine. I hate the fact that I've been a Bills fan for so long, and I have never had to go 10 years without seeing them in the playoffs. So I'm cynical, to say the least. But if Nix would have signed Antonio Bryant instead of Chad Jackson, I would have given him profs. Andra Davis was a nice pick up, I'll give him that much.

But I still think Gailey is dreaming if he thinks he can coach this team into the playoffs this year. :thumbsup:

In all your ramblings, you neglect to address the fact that the Bills signed Dwan Edwards. Edwards was considered a top 10 FA.

In all your ramblings, you neglect to address the fact that the Bills signed Dwan Edwards. Edwards was considered a top 10 FA.

Really? I did not know that. Well, there you go, if that's the case then I'll give ol' Buddy credit for signing him. :thumbsup:

Looks like his "streak" ends at two. But there's always that number one pick for the 2011 draft, right, ever-patient loyal Bills fans? I love how the guy can get up in front of premium seat holders and hoot and holler about the Bills improving this season, when his "buddy", Buddy, hasn't signed anyone with a "lick" of talent through the first month of free agency. Good luck "coachin' em up", Chan and staff. In the end, it is always the same old story, you need talent to win and make the playoffs in the NFL, and up till now, the Bills still have the least amount of overall talent in the AFC East. And I don't see them having more overall talent then all but 5 other teams in the AFC, so how exactly does ol' Chan "get 'em into them there playoffs this year??" :thumbsup:

Have you sent your resume in yet ?? You need some prozack or anger management or something !! Hey how about CHANGING TEAMS !!! Your post on pickin up Jackson was as positive s this one , the guy has 4;32 speed & he's only 25 but you only look at the negative . Hey I here the Raiders are looking for a few more fans you would fit right in !! There's an old saying if you ain't got nothin good to say then don't say nothin at all .

nobody like dolphins fans

There's this thing called "The Draft." Google it.

Not that we make the playoffs this year, but who cares about that. I care about being Super Bowl caliber by 2012 and 2013.

I can not understand how some people like Chan Gailey. You know how many other NFL fans laugh at us, even pity us for getting Chan? :thumbsup:

No I don't, exactly. Please tell us, we'd love to know. In fact we're dying to know. Everybody in your 9th grade English class that have Patsie* stickers on their notebooks perhaps? The kids in the back of the bus giving you a hard time twice a day? Really.

It's actually "He Hate Me" but to each their own i guess.

All i know is in 2010 the team has a winning record of 100%......