Chan Gailey's Playoff Streak

F UNC

There's this thing called "The Draft." Google it.

Not that we make the playoffs this year, but who cares about that. I care about being Super Bowl caliber by 2012 and 2013.

exactly

the Bills have used the "draft" to acquire such studs as Whinter, Maybin, Williams, McElvin, Lynch, etc

all impact playmakers :lol:

don't hold your breathe that 2 part-time work-from-home retirees and 6 scouts are going to solve all of the Bills problems thru the draft

No I don't, exactly. Please tell us, we'd love to know. In fact we're dying to know. Everybody in your 9th grade English class that have Patsie* stickers on their notebooks perhaps? The kids in the back of the bus giving you a hard time twice a day? Really.

Wow really funny. I guess you're one of the people here who thinks Gailey's going to save our franchise. You probably consider the bills to be a well run franchise. Why don't you go to any other football website with unbiased opinions and see if people think Gailey is a good hire

exactly

the Bills have used the "draft" to acquire such studs as Whinter, Maybin, Williams, McElvin, Lynch, etc

all impact playmakers :(

don't hold your breathe that 2 part-time work-from-home retirees and 6 scouts are going to solve all of the Bills problems thru the draft

Most of the players you have listed on here in your sarcastic tirade all have very strong counter arguments to your suggestion that they are busts. Whitner is only criticized on this board because he was a #8 overall pick. He is a solid NFL player, even if he doesn't make the pro bowl every year. Not everyone has to be Ed Reed back there. Maybin only played in three games and is changing positions. It's a bit early to call him a bust when he hasn't even played half a season. Everyone knew he was going to take some work to get him ready. Let's give the guy a full season before calling him a bust. Kyle Williams is playing much better than the Fifth Round draft choice that he was. Almost everyone agrees that the guy is excellent. I don't know where you're pulling that from. McElvin has played very well at corner even though he has been injured for long stretches. Again, the guy is young and has a lot of talent. Give him a chance to play. Lynch has been good, but last year he was hampered by suspensions and injuries. If he can get the character issues sorted out, he's a hell of a player.

All of these players are NFL caliber guys, some of whom are solid players already, some of whom are too young to judge. And don't throw Hardy on the list either. The guy has played in three games and was out all of last year with a very serious knee injury.

How about the rest of our top picks last year. Wood, Levitre, and Byrd are all starting quality talent and started immediately. No mention there. Your post, like the one from BillsPhan earlier are always trying to focus on the negatives. Having a real GM who knows football, and a coach who actually believes he can win games and will actually ADAPT to his players, has a chance.

We've been 7-9 under Jauron and his terrible coaching schemes. I think Gailey is a better coach than Jauron, by leaps and bounds. I think Gailey's offensive talents and ability to manage the clock could win us two or three more games. That would have put us at 10-6 last year and in the playoffs. We're not that far away, though I think it will take another year of 7-9 or 8-8 before we get there.