Those Poor, Poor Dolphins

judman

They don't like to play in the heat. They see it as a disadvantage. What a bunch of crybabies!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...afternoon-heat/

Doesn't it make you feel good inside that Chan got rid of the 12 tvs in the training facilities? Sets the tone for hard-working winners IMHO.

Maybe we donated the tvs to the Dolphins? :rolleyes:

This is good for at least two reasons.

1. It is absolutely miserable to be there for a 1:00 game in September. I have no idea how players play in that heat with all the pads etc. when it is horrible just being in the stands.

2. One day, a player is going to die in that heat (just like that kid up in Minnesota) unless they do something about it. If the NFL makes the change, it will be good for the fans and the players. Way back when they used to have all of the September games at 4:00 p.m.

This is good for at least two reasons.

1. It is absolutely miserable to be there for a 1:00 game in September. I have no idea how players play in that heat with all the pads etc. when it is horrible just being in the stands.

2. One day, a player is going to die in that heat (just like that kid up in Minnesota) unless they do something about it. If the NFL makes the change, it will be good for the fans and the players. Way back when they used to have all of the September games at 4:00 p.m.

In all seriousness, you are correct. I know it's still very hot & humid in September down in South Florida.

IMO, this is a problem you anticipate and build a DOME! Unless they thought their was some sort of advantage.

Later games get bigger TV audiences. This is not fair to other franchises. Therefore it should not be considered.

If I were Goodell, I would get out the "Request Denied" stamp!

They don't like to play in the heat. They see it as a disadvantage. What a bunch of crybabies!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...afternoon-heat/

:rolleyes:

I sat in a below zero Ralph Stadium for a meaningless Bengals game at the end of the year once, and these crybabies can't buy hats and sun screen? :D

I'll buy sunscreen for any Dollfan who buys my parka!

IMO, this is a problem you anticipate and build a DOME! Unless they thought their was some sort of advantage.

Later games get bigger TV audiences. This is not fair to other franchises. Therefore it should not be considered.

They absolutely used it as an advantage for many years, wearing white to force the road team to wear its heat-attracting dark home jerseys. Must be that wasn't good enough anymore.

How so? The TV money is shared.

In all seriousness, you are correct. I know it's still very hot & humid in September down in South Florida.

August and September are THE most brutal months here. Humidity and temperature are in the mid-upper 90s and NO breeze. Just friggin brutal.

August and September are THE most brutal months here. Humidity and temperature are in the mid-upper 90s and NO breeze. Just friggin brutal.

Agreed. 12pm FSU home games in september are absolutely horrific. I refuse to go.

i'm not fighting you in what i'm about to say. these are mostly huge men playing in pads with plastic wrapped around their heads and it must feel like they are standing on the surface of the sun. (It must get hot on South Beach, too, no?).

i know we all have WNY football weather stories, but one I always recall was a November day 15 years or so ago where it was basically raining sideways. It wasn't -15 degrees or anything, it wasn't the snowfall accumulation, it was just this amazing bone chiling cold wetness that sapped one's will to live.

Now, speaking of that, you were saying something about the bikinis on South Beach....

i'm not fighting you in what i'm about to say. these are mostly huge men playing in pads with plastic wrapped around their heads and it must feel like they are standing on the surface of the sun. (It must get hot on South Beach, too, no?).

i know we all have WNY football weather stories, but one I always recall was a November day 15 years or so ago where it was basically raining sideways. It wasn't -15 degrees or anything, it wasn't the snowfall accumulation, it was just this amazing bone chiling cold wetness that sapped one's will to live.

Now, speaking of that, you were saying something about the bikinis on South Beach....

No doubt about it that the cold/wet conditions are friggin' miserable too. But you can't even catch your breath and your heart rate goes off the Richter Scale in the heat/humidity, not to mention dehydration. Watch the September games played in My Yami and you see the other teams just have nothing left by the middle of the 4th quarter.....no matter what they do on the sidelines to try to recover. Some guys lose upwards of 8 lbs during a game. I'm amazed no one has collapsed from heat stroke.....yet.

Surface of the sun is a very accurate description.

:thumbsup:

I sat in a below zero Ralph Stadium for a meaningless Bengals game at the end of the year once, and these crybabies can't buy hats and sun screen? :bag:

I'll buy sunscreen for any Dollfan who buys my parka!

Got ya beat.

I went to a game against the Bengals at the old rockpile circa 1969.

There was about 6 inches of snow on the field.

The stadium announcer said at the beginning of the game that the "Bills will kick off in the vicinity of the 40 yard line"

because the couldn't find the 40 yard line!

Ah the memories LOL