Chan Gailey Sure is a Busy Guy

I've known about NFL head coaches sleeping in their offices and spending 110 hour work weeks for years. But this Gailey guy, he doesn't even seem to have time to fit much in even during the off season. Just read some of his quotes:

"Our GM has spoken to him (Marshawn Lynch) I have not talked to him." - I say, why the hell not, Chan? He's only a former number one pick who is still extremely young, and if someone can figure out how to work with this kid, they could have a great running back for the next 8 years or so. Or even on the flip side. If you are too "important" to waste your time reaching out to one of your current players on your roster, just how many other teams are going to be interested in trading for him?

"He's an intelligent football player and I really enjoyed the short time I had with him....(Talking about Tim Tebows' Buffalo workout). What does Gailey mean, "short time" he had with him? Tebow was in Buffalo, working out only for the Buffalo Bills. Jim Kelly took the kid out to dinner. What other more important dinner plans did Chan have that night? Was he glued in front of his TV watching Dancing With The Stars? Was he and Buddy out shooting pool at their favorite honky tonk while Kelly spent "quality time" with a kid that just might end up being drafted by the Bills??

"We just started talking about terminology and implementation of what we're trying to do," Gailey said of his initial meeting with Edwards, Fitzpatrick and Brohm. "I haven't sat down and talked to (the QB's) about the situation. I haven't addressed that yet." That is a quote from TODAYS' Democrat and Chronicle. Here's the link below: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...e-Bills-starter

Wow. So when exactly does Chan expect to "discuss the situation" with the three QB's he allegedly took so much time to study up on the past 3 months? After all, he's made his decision on what to do about the QB situation for his Buffalo Bills, right? He told us in no uncertain terms, he would know what direction he would be going in before free agency started. And here we are, about a month into free agency, and Chan has said nothing to anyone about what he and Nix allegedly decided over a month ago. The same three guys are here, wondering what the hell their roles are going to be, and workouts are starting and we are just a few weeks from the draft.

I guess Mike Holmgren has a different take on "making QB decisions." He dumped both guys from last year's team, and has already brought in two veterans to replace them. Now I'm not saying Delhomme and Wallace will be much better then Quinn or Anderson. But at least Holmgren showed his team that he will not accept the same old same old.

So far in free agency, Buddy Nix has shown we Bills fans that he is prepared to absolutely accept the same old same old from last years' players that currently take up the most important positions on the team. QB - same 3 guys. LT - same injured guys. NT - same 2 undersized DT's. WR - Same guys minus TO. And on top of that, Chan Gailey has been the busiest head coach in the NFL. Too bad nobody knows what the hell he spends all of that time doing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've known about NFL head coaches sleeping in their offices and spending 110 hour work weeks for years. But this Gailey guy, he doesn't even seem to have time to fit much in even during the off season. Just read some of his quotes:

"Our GM has spoken to him (Marshawn Lynch) I have not talked to him." - I say, why the hell not, Chan? He's only a former number one pick who is still extremely young, and if someone can figure out how to work with this kid, they could have a great running back for the next 8 years or so. Or even on the flip side. If you are too "important" to waste your time reaching out to one of your current players on your roster, just how many other teams are going to be interested in trading for him?

"He's an intelligent football player and I really enjoyed the short time I had with him....(Talking about Tim Tebows' Buffalo workout). What does Gailey mean, "short time" he had with him? Tebow was in Buffalo, working out only for the Buffalo Bills. Jim Kelly took the kid out to dinner. What other more important dinner plans did Chan have that night? Was he glued in front of his TV watching Dancing With The Stars? Was he and Buddy out shooting pool at their favorite honky tonk while Kelly spent "quality time" with a kid that just might end up being drafted by the Bills??

"We just started talking about terminology and implementation of what we're trying to do," Gailey said of his initial meeting with Edwards, Fitzpatrick and Brohm. "I haven't sat down and talked to (the QB's) about the situation. I haven't addressed that yet." That is a quote from TODAYS' Democrat and Chronicle. Here's the link below: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...e-Bills-starter

Wow. So when exactly does Chan expect to "discuss the situation" with the three QB's he allegedly took so much time to study up on the past 3 months? After all, he's made his decision on what to do about the QB situation for his Buffalo Bills, right? He told us in no uncertain terms, he would know what direction he would be going in before free agency started. And here we are, about a month into free agency, and Chan has said nothing to anyone about what he and Nix allegedly decided over a month ago. The same three guys are here, wondering what the hell their roles are going to be, and workouts are starting and we are just a few weeks from the draft.

Workouts are starting, and the team hasn't got their playbook yet.

The freaking horror ...

Maybe it is me. Just maybe Chan will make a decision on who the QB is once he determines which player actually grasps the playbook.

Or here's a thought. Maybe he has already made a decision, and he's hoping we draft a QB.

I guess Mike Holmgren has a different take on "making QB decisions." He dumped both guys from last year's team, and has already brought in two veterans to replace them. Now I'm not saying Delhomme and Wallace will be much better then Quinn or Anderson. But at least Holmgren showed his team that he will not accept the same old same old.

So let's change one set of bad QB QBs for another set of bad QBs. Brilliant!

Other than making you feel all warm and fuzzy, how is this an improvement?

So far in free agency, Buddy Nix has shown we Bills fans that he is prepared to absolutely accept the same old same old from last years' players that currently take up the most important positions on the team. QB - same 3 guys. LT - same injured guys. NT - same 2 undersized DT's. WR - Same guys minus TO. And on top of that, Chan Gailey has been the busiest head coach in the NFL. Too bad nobody knows what the hell he spends all of that time doing.

Wow. The draft has not happened yet, and your are bitching about the Bills not doing "enough" in a free agency that was very limited talent wise.

What other astute pieces of wisdom do you want to share?

Wow, maybe they should make you the Head Coach and GM. You obviously have much more experience and knowledge than these guys do. How come you're not employed as someone's HC or GM? Maybe it's because you have no idea what you are talking about. Just a thought.

But this Gailey guy, he doesn't even seem to have time to fit much in even during the off season. Just read some of his quotes:

blah

blah

blah

blah

Too bad nobody knows what the hell he spends all of that time doing.

are you for !@#$ing real? This is the biggest pile of horse dung I've seen here in the past 3.5 days.

No wonder this guy has never been in the NFL as a coach very long. Also it's no wonder why he's never taken anyone to the playoffs as a head coach. Get him outta there
Sarcasm I hope?

Can we play a !@#$ing game people? Or hold a practice?

My god, the madness of some.

And you morons quit the fox/cbs/cnbc/abc bull **** before this abortion gets sent to PPP where it will get lost.

Maybe he hasn't addressed the starting QB issue yet because he wants to watch them play a little with the new coaches????...ya know...normal kind of thing coaches do...

Short time?...maybe that's all he needed to say to himself "wow, this kid is NOT the QB I want"...he did look mighty funny when they brought up the throwing motion hehehehehe...I laughed my azz off when he talked about bodies flying around...

I like Chan and Nix...they are going to be just fine

are you for !@#$ing real? This is the biggest pile of horse dung I've seen here in the past 3.5 days.

<snipped>

And you morons quit the fox/cbs/cnbc/abc bull **** before this abortion gets sent to PPP where it will get lost.

Is that really a bad thing considering this "is the biggest pile of horse dung I've seen here in the past 3.5 days."?

Wow, maybe they should make you the Head Coach and GM. You obviously have much more experience and knowledge than these guys do. How come you're not employed as someone's HC or GM? Maybe it's because you have no idea what you are talking about. Just a thought.

Here's a thought for you. It is called my "opinion." I don't know what I'm talking about? Look up the answer Gailey gave the media when they asked how long he planned on taking to evaluate his most important position on the team. You will find many different places that all have him saying something along the lines of "...I will know by the start of free agency what direction we will be heading with the QB situation."...

So, since you are so much smarter then me - please tell what direction Chan and Buddy are heading with the all important QB situation? So far, it looks a lot like Jauron's direction from this time last year, doesn't it?

Sarcasm I hope?

Can we play a !@#$ing game people? Or hold a practice?

My god, the madness of some.

Why thank you. Go ahead and blah blah blah my biggest pile of horse dung post all you want. I'm not sure what Bills team you've been watching the past 10 years, but the one I've been watching has SUCKED. Wilson cleans house for the third time over those 10 years and now you think it's just great to watch Buddy and Chan "take their time and build slowly through the draft". Sorry, but I don't have that kind of patience anymore. There was plenty of talent available that could have had an immediate impact on the field THIS SEASON when free agency started March 1st. Nix ignored those guys. He doesn't need them on his team.

Well, he better have the best damn draft in Bills history in a few weeks, or another 7-9-0 season will be your next biggest pile of horse dung you'll have to whine about come January!

Coach the !@#$ing team

Really?? How can he be coaching the !@#$ing team when apparently he has not even had time to talk to most of his players since he came on board 4 freakin' months ago??? As a head coach in the NFL, since you are so much more of an expert then I, how many months would you wait before you got off your arrogant ass and actually spoke to the players you inherited on your team? 6 months? 8 months? The day before training camp begins??

Is that really a bad thing considering this "is the biggest pile of horse dung I've seen here in the past 3.5 days."?

Shouldn't this be seen by many so they can bask in the stupidity of "BillsPhan"?

This idiot is getting worked up about what a HC has said to the media about

a college player who may/may not be a member of this team in the future (god willing he will not be a Bill).

an idiot RB

blah

blah

blah

Here's a thought for you. It is called my "opinion." I don't know what I'm talking about? Look up the answer Gailey gave the media when they asked how long he planned on taking to evaluate his most important position on the team. You will find many different places that all have him saying something along the lines of "...I will know by the start of free agency what direction we will be heading with the QB situation."...

So, since you are so much smarter then me - please tell what direction Chan and Buddy are heading with the all important QB situation? So far, it looks a lot like Jauron's direction from this time last year, doesn't it?

wrong...

CG has made it clear that he wants the QB situation stabilized by the draft

Preference to have quarterback situation settled before draft: Gailey said he would like for the Bills' quarterback ambiguity to gain definition.

"That would be ideal," Gailey said. "You'd like to have everything settled before you went into the draft. The problem comes if you don't solve an issue before the draft. Then you have to try and solve it in the draft. Then if you don't solve it before the draft or in the draft, now your back's to the wall and everybody knows it. That's a bind you get into. Now they can hold you up."

The man and his staff have quite a few balls in the air. He's taken over a team with holes in every position except maybe the defensive secondary and Special Teams. He has a million decisions to make, a new offensive system to install, his first draft approaching, and who knows what else. Cut him some slack, jeez :rolleyes:

Really?? How can he be coaching the !@#$ing team when apparently he has not even had time to talk to most of his players since he came on board 4 freakin' months ago??? As a head coach in the NFL, since you are so much more of an expert then I, how many months would you wait before you got off your arrogant ass and actually spoke to the players you inherited on your team? 6 months? 8 months? The day before training camp begins??

I hope he was talking to his coaching staff making sure everyone is on the same page because we havent had a coaching staff on the same page for a number of years and acccording to his pressors theyve been doing that.

I really dont care if hes talked to Marshawn or not. Head coaches hire other coachers and work with general managers so they dont have to do everything because quite simply they cant. If everyone is opn the same page then it doesnt matter who spoke to marshawn or Fitzy or Poz or anyone for that matter.

I'm a little surprised by how litle Gailey has done, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. We had better have a 9 or more wins this year. We get that I'm happy with him. We don't, throw the bum out.

I don't know how he plans to have a winning season next year based on his actions to date, but there are still some things he can do to improve the situation in the next few weeks. Wait and see.

I'm a little surprised by how litle Gailey has done, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. We had better have a 9 or more wins this year. We get that I'm happy with him. We don't, throw the bum out.

I don't know how he plans to have a winning season next year based on his actions to date, but there are still some things he can do to improve the situation in the next few weeks. Wait and see.

Please can we wait until they put on a pad or draft someone before we pass judgement? Its MARCH people